PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
My suggestion would be to start the tournament only after the coming patch 2.5..

And let the standard default odi rules be followed.

Medium and spin bowler restrictions would create confusion.

This is a 50 over format so no restrictions should be there for any type of bowler.

I agree with @chaman82 about starting the World Cup after the patch 2.5/3 only. It will be heart breaking if Opposition is cruising to 0/150 in 15 Overs, and you Bowled Out a Batsman only to realize the wicket has not been registered and the Batsman is still batting. Or The Opposition is 9 Down and just need 02 Runs to win, again you bowled the last remaining batsman just to see it not being registered by the game. Both the above scenario will be heart breaking for the Bowling team for different reasons.

Also the Slow Running outfielder is extremely frustrating. Few of us, who have already played the Patch-2.5 on PC, we can say the game is now 100% better than what is at present in PS3.

EDIT: Till Patch-3, anyways we have these warm up Tours to keep us occupy.

Last edited:
Oh so I missed the discussion. :rolleyes
First of all guys I really wanna thank you all from bottom of my heart for showing your full dedication and improving this league by giving your worthy suggestions. Guys you are amazing. I am really sorry for not showing that much activeness as my exams are starting from 15th so yeah .. busy schedule.

Alright guys personally I am yet to face those bouncers by medium bowlers and spinners during an online match so I have less idea regarding this but if everyone is saying this then I think it should be banned. Obviously everyone is here to win and to enjoy so implementing this thing is fine.

Secondly regarding field restrictions, I think we should implement the rules of ODI but can any1 confirm me whether there is limit of keeping players behind the square? I don't think so.

And yes there will be 2 DRS for managers.

Also if you guys are planning to postpone the tournament then its fine but sadly I have to pull out as manager because I will have my pre boards from 15th November which means finishing this tournament on time will be slightly tough by that time as I am not expecting Patch 2.5/3 very soon.

So guys keep on giving your suggestions. I and @francisjery will combine all suggestions and choose the best settings possible to make this league better and enjoyable for everyone.

Field placement behind square is max 2 throughout the match

Oh so I missed the discussion. :rolleyes
First of all guys I really wanna thank you all from bottom of my heart for showing your full dedication and improving this league by giving your worthy suggestions. Guys you are amazing. I am really sorry for not showing that much activeness as my exams are starting from 15th so yeah .. busy schedule.

Alright guys personally I am yet to face those bouncers by medium bowlers and spinners during an online match so I have less idea regarding this but if everyone is saying this then I think it should be banned. Obviously everyone is here to win and to enjoy so implementing this thing is fine.

Secondly regarding field restrictions, I think we should implement the rules of ODI but can any1 confirm me whether there is limit of keeping players behind the square? I don't think so.

And yes there will be 2 DRS for managers.

Also if you guys are planning to postpone the tournament then its fine but sadly I have to pull out as manager because I will have my pre boards from 15th November which means finishing this tournament on time will be slightly tough by that time as I am not expecting Patch 2.5/3 very soon.

So guys keep on giving your suggestions. I and @francisjery will combine all suggestions and choose the best settings possible to make this league better and enjoyable for everyone.

Buddy I dont think the Tournament will end by 15th November anyway. Even if you consider 01 Match Per Week (Not going to be easy considering it is a 50 Over Tournament), there will be Maximum Total 6 League+QF+SF+F = 9 Matches for Team reaching in Final, so even if you consider playing 1 Match Per Week, it will take Minimum 09 Week to finish the Tournament. As all the Managers have different scheduling and some can play only during weekends, it will be tough to complete the Tournament below 12 Weeks time. For example, I may be Out of town for 06/07 days during Diwali (End of October), so realistically, we should delay the start till your Board Exams are over and we can start Mid of December or Early January, and I am sure Patch-3 will be Out by then. Moreover, there are still Matches to be played on UCC & CC League, so managers who are part of both those 02 Leagues and World Cup, will have to play even more.

[DOUBLEPOST=1410447986][/DOUBLEPOST]
Field placement behind square is max 2 throughout the match

You mean we cant put 03 Slip Fielders and 01 Leg Gully?

Buddy I dont think the Tournament will end by 15th November anyway. Even if you consider 01 Match Per Week (Not going to be easy considering it is a 50 Over Tournament), there will be Maximum Total 6 League+QF+SF+F = 9 Matches for Team reaching in Final, so even if you consider playing 1 Match Per Week, it will take Minimum 09 Week to finish the Tournament. As all the Managers have different scheduling and some can play only during weekends, it will be tough to complete the Tournament below 12 Weeks time. For example, I may be Out of town for 06/07 days during Diwali (End of October), so realistically, we should delay the start till your Board Exams are over and we can start Mid of December or Early January, and I am sure Patch-3 will be Out by then. Moreover, there are still Matches to be played on UCC & CC League, so managers who are part of both those 02 Leagues and World Cup, will have to play even more.

[DOUBLEPOST=1410447986][/DOUBLEPOST]

Man-o-Man my boards will finish by March :lol
Actually I don't expect myself to be in Top 4 from my group and I think we can finish that. Although its tough but we can but I won't mind as stepping down as manager of Kenya and allow @francisjery to take Kenya (if he can) again if we postpone this till Patch 3 but anyone has idea that by what time Patch 3 will be out?

@kushari, Behind square leg fielders are different from slip fielders. Slip fielders stand near the wicket keeper in offside of the batsman.

Whereas Behind sqaure leg fielders will stand in the leg side & right side of the square leg umpire

@kushari, Behind square leg fielders are different from slip fielders. Slip fielders stand near the wicket keeper in offside of the fielders.

Whereas Behind sqaure leg fielders will stand in the leg side & right side of the square leg umpire

Sorry, I thought behind square means behind Batsman. That means we can have 01 Leg Gully & 01 Deep Fine Leg, right, along with as many slip fielders we want?[DOUBLEPOST=1410449336][/DOUBLEPOST]
Man-o-Man my boards will finish by March :lol
Actually I don't expect myself to be in Top 4 from my group and I think we can finish that. Although its tough but we can but I won't mind as stepping down as manager of Kenya and allow @francisjery to take Kenya (if he can) again if we postpone this till Patch 3 but anyone has idea that by what time Patch 3 will be out?

Don't worry then, lets start this thing and we will take it as it comes. Anyway making long term plan is never good for DBC14.

Lets start the tournament as per the previously decided date of Sep 29th. No point in waiting till patch 3 as it might take another 30-45 days.

Some interesting discussions going on.

Guys most leagues already have a platform set with regards to certain rules, the below 6m from spinners has been there in many leagues and every one is familiar with it, likewise the slow ball bouncer from medium pacers has also been around for a long time, however for medium pacers the 6m mark is not short enough, this can be achieved bowling with x deliveries, so I think the max limit for medium pacers should be the 8m mark.

And i agree with Acid burn to allow 1 per over, i think on some occasions a spinner or a medium pacer may even end up slipping it below these limits when not intended so 1 delivery per over should be allowed to allow some room for error or even to spice things up in the longer format like acid said.

As for field placements, I feel adding restrictions beyond the usual ODI rules will complicate things too much.

Here is the England team for the world cup

1. A Cook
2. A Hales
3. S Robson
4. J Root
5. M Lumb
6. G Ballance
7. K Pieterson(c)
8. J Butler
9. J Bairstow
10. R Bopara
11. J Tredwell
12. B Stokes
13. C Woakes
14. M Ali
15. J Anderson
16. B Rankin
17. J Dernbach
18. A Flintoff ( He is back right )
19. S Finn
20. S Broad

Here is the England team for the world cup

1. A Cook
2. A Hales
3. S Robson
4. J Root
5. M Lumb
6. G Ballance
7. K Pieterson(c)
8. J Butler
9. J Bairstow
10. R Bopara
11. J Tredwell
12. B Stokes
13. C Woakes
14. M Ali
15. J Anderson
16. B Rankin
17. J Dernbach
18. A Flintoff ( He is back right )
19. S Finn
20. S Broad
Bro remove 2 although when I will send you updated team, that will have more than 20 players but you can play with only those 18 players as its not possible to keep 18 players only in England team.

Bro remove 2 although when I will send you updated team, that will have more than 20 players but you can play with only those 18 players as its not possible to keep 18 players only in England team.

I am not getting it, why cant we upload a separate fresh team for World Cup with only 18 Players? Why this illogical move of more than 18 Players will be uploaded but only 18 will play? AM I missing something?

Last edited:
Here are the Kangaroos for the World Cup Squad. Michael Clarke remains selectors favorite as Captain of the team.
1. A. Finch
2. B. Haddin(WK)
3. George Bailey
4. M. Clarke (C)
5. S. Watson
6. G. Maxwell
7. S Smith
8. N. Lyon
9. J. Muirhead
10. Nathan coulter nile
11. J. Pattinson
12. C Mackay