PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
I think we should keep just 01 STANDARD PITCH condition for the complete Tournament. I think it will be fair to all the teams if they have similar conditions for all the matches.

Pitch Type: DRY
Pitch Hardness: HARD
Pitch Condition: PRISTINE
Pitch Cracks: NONE
Quick Pitch Wear: OFF

Perhaps go through like that for just countries in general? E.g For England the default would be green, sub-continent maybe has light cracks etc.

@rishabh96 Now, I announce the Bangladesh squad for the upcoming World Cup, who will hopefully put up a good fight:

1. :bat: Tamim Iqbal
2. :bat: Mohammad Ashraful
3. :bat: Nasir Hossain
4. :ar: Shakib Al Hasan
5. :ar: Mahmudullah
6. :bat: Mushfiqur Rahim (C & WK)
7. :ar: Abdur Razzak
8. :bwl: Farhad Reza
9. :bwl: Mashrafe Mortaza
10. :bwl: Ziaur Rahman
11. :bwl: Shahadat Hossain
12. :bat: Imrul Kayes
13. :bat: Abul Hasan
14. :bat: Anamul Haque
15. :bwl: Taijul Islam
16. :bat: Shahriar Nafees
17. :ar: Al-Amin Hossain
18. :ar: Shafiul Islam

Commonwealth Bank T20 Series - Second Final

New Zealand (@Solomon) vs Kenya (Francis)

Kenya - 149/8 (20.0 Overs)
New Zealand - 87/10 (14.0 Overs)

Kenya won by 62 Runs

CWB_Final_2_Main.jpg

CWB_Final_2_1.jpg

CWB_Final_2_2.jpg

Kenya have won the Commonwealth Bank Series by two straight victories in the best of three finals. Thank you @Cricz25 for giving the opportunity to play in the tour. @rishabh96 for letting me play in the International tours.

And thats time for me to say good bye to the Kenyan team and hand them over to their new manager @rishabh96 to lead them in the World Cup.

Good Luck guys. Be good and play well for your victory.

All the best :thumbs:thumbs

Perhaps go through like that for just countries in general? E.g For England the default would be green, sub-continent maybe has light cracks etc.

My Idea is to keep things as simple as possible. The Match Condition I have mentioned, wont give any advantage to either Pacers or Spinners, and match will be decided purely on the skill of a manager and not depending on the pitch condition. This becomes imperative as the managers with Lower Ranked team may not have Express Fast Bowlers or Spinners with High Skill Level. If we implement the standard pitch condition as mentioned in my previous post, both the team (Irrespective of Higher or Lower Rank), will start somewhat on equal footing, and we will also see a better competitive scores than team getting bowled out for less than 15/20 overs because the Pitch being GRASSY or WIDE CRACKS on the pitch.

Note: I myself have a relatively stronger team in West Indies, but don't want to have an undue advantage over player playing with lower ranked team because I can choose pitch to suit my strength of already a Higher Ranked team.

Last edited:
My Idea is to keep things as simple as possible. The Match Condition I have mentioned, wont give any advantage to either Pacers or Spinners, and match will be decided purely on the skill of a manager and not depending on the pitch condition. This becomes imperative as the managers with Lower Ranked team may not have Express Fast Bowlers or Spinners with High Skill Level. If we implement the standard pitch condition as mentioned in my previous post, both the team (Irrespective of Higher or Lower Rank), will start somewhat on equal footing, and we will also see a better competitive scores than team getting bowled out for less than 15/20 overs because the Pitch being GRASSY or WIDE CRACKS on the pitch.

Note: I myself have a relatively stronger team in West Indies, but don't want to have an undue advantage over player playing with lower ranked team because I can choose pitch to suit my strength of already a Higher Ranked team.

@kushari : I agree with you Kushari. The pitch conditions you have mentioned are just perfect. They should be applicable for all. Lets leave it to the managers to show their skills on a standard pitch :cheers

I dont have a problem with one standard pitch type . Most of the times the pithes dont play enough of a part in anycase , except the hardness which one can quickly observe.

Regarding the Fielding placement :

The straight guy is unsporting , but has been allowed in the game , so we should probably just let it slide.

What concerns me more , is guys setting 7/2 Offide field , with plenty of boundary runners , and then just bowling inside the wide line. Its easy to bowl this way , but would

be really a bore fest to bat against it. Personally to me it shows no skill , but I dont know how to police it , if the game rules cannot stop it.

I dont have a problem with one standard pitch type . Most of the times the pithes dont play enough of a part in anycase , except the hardness which one can quickly observe.

Regarding the Fielding placement :

The straight guy is unsporting , but has been allowed in the game , so we should probably just let it slide.

What concerns me more , is guys setting 7/2 Offide field , with plenty of boundary runners , and then just bowling inside the wide line. Its easy to bowl this way , but would

be really a bore fest to bat against it. Personally to me it shows no skill , but I dont know how to police it , if the game rules cannot stop it.

I think we can make it mandatory to have field setting of 5/4 either side to eliminate this problem.

EDIT: Just saw the @francisjery post that there is no rule to restrict 7 fielders in Either Off or Leg side. If its permit in the rule, then I think we cant do much about it....But in that case, as per ICC rule there is No Ban on Slow Short Longhop from Spinners too, so why are we banning them? We cant have double standard on these issues. For me Batting with 7/2 Offside Field is as difficult and Unsporting as Batting against Slow Short balls from Spinners.

Last edited:
I think we can make it mandatory to have field setting of 5/4 either side to eliminate this problem.

During Clash of legends test series, @francisjery posted fielding settings as well in the match rules. Everyone agreed to it and series went pretty smooth. We can go for a similar approach.

During Clash of legends test series, @francisjery posted fielding settings as well in the match rules. Everyone agreed to it and series went pretty smooth. We can go for a similar approach.

I believe in Test Matches there should not be any restriction on how one want to keep his field setting (I am even fine with 9/0 either Off Side or Leg Side for Test Matches). But for T20 and ODI, there must be some rule to stop exploiting the grey areas.

A 5/4 field either side sound about right to me . Coupled with only 4 Fielders outside the circle outside Powerplays , it will lighten up the scoring opportunities , or maybe throw a spanner in the wheels and end up each game with 300 + scores . We will have to go through the tournament and see.

In the end this is a video game , and not real life cricket , so compromises should be made to make everyone enjoy the game .

PS. We should be very clear about the shorter than 6m Spinners balls , and the medium pacers slow ball bouncers , so that we dont have the endless debates once again regarding these . I`m even for allowing say 1 per over , same as the bouncer rule , just to spice things up a bit. 50 Overs is a long way to go , and having 1 difficult ball per over to negotiate isnt the end of the world in my view. It totally changes if thats the only ball your having to face from the spinners or medium pace pie chuckers....

BTW , where is the playing rules for the tournament ?

Last edited:
Too much policing can have dampening effect on the tourney
I think most of us have played each other and I have not come across 7-2 field till now from members here
Yea it is very boring but don't think people will use it
But having a RULE for fielding I think is a bit too much

Then you havent played against Chaman ....

LOL :D:D:D SO, all these discussion for 7/2 field for just 01 Player..All Group-B Managers, please rise up..:lol:lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread