PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Do I have too name my team again... Or same one as before?

Srilankan squad

K perara
T dilshan
K sangakara (c) (wk)
M jayawardena
U tharanga
D chandimal
A Mathews
N kulasekara
R herath
L malinga
A mendis
L thirimanne
S eranga
S lakmal
A perera
S Randiv
S senanayake
T Perera

Sorry @VinitPhilip but I can start uploading all teams from 26th. If you want, you can practice for 2-3 days and then start playing.

Time to update everything in First Post.

Can India successfully defend their trophy in Australia and New Zealand in absence of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar?

ICC-World-Cup-2011-Final-Getty-Images.jpg

A very talented side which has one of the best Captain for this format but this time they won't have the home support and the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar. A pretty balanced side which has players with experience and young rising talents. Everyone knows how strong India is and betting against India will slightly be a tough call. Their batting will be a bigger strength as compared with bowling but still lots of work required for them after some tough matches in tours. Their new manager @VinitPhilip will try his best to make a perfect Playing XI and help India to win two back to back World Cup.

Player to watch out for: Virat Kohli has to be the player to watch out for. He has achieved so much in his career by playing some amazing cricket for his team but he is struggling to make an impression these days. He must learn from his failures and has to make a solid comeback to play a vital role in this team because he is the man who can create difference.

India (18 Men Squad): MS Dhoni (c) (wk), Virat Kohli (vc), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, Stuart Binny, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Murali Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja and Umesh Yadav

Hello everyone,

@VinitPhilip, @Cricz25, @RIZZYX, @SamP, @lonewolf5646, @rishabh96, @bvnr410, @Acid Burn, @kushari, @DavidTheMan, @chaman82, @Ishaan k, @phani001

We have seen a quite a few with withdrawals of managers form all the leagues recently. So I would like to make sure everyone is committed to play the World Cup league till the end. Also, I wanted to decide how to continue if any manager wants to withdraw in the middle of the league. I am sure that no one here will withdraw intentionally. However, we never know when will the emergency situation will occur to anyone. I want to make few things clear before starting the league regarding the withdrwals.

1) If a manager wants to withdraw from the league and if he has not played any match then I will try my best to find a replacement as soon as possible. If no replacements are available, then the match points will be awarded to his opponent.

2) If a manager wants to withdraw in the middle of the league after playing a couple of matches. Again, the points will be awarded to their opponents (even for the completed matches) no matter if he has won the matches he has completed.

The second point may look a bit unfair. But I am doing this because, if the manager withdrawing is one of the strong contenders, he must be having a good chance of winning the remaining matches as well. If we give points only to his unplayed opponents, the managers who played and lost against him will be penalized. So to be fair with everyone, I will award the points to players who lost against him as well.

Even if we consider the matches as bye, it will make a difference in the points table between Group A and Group B as one group will be playing 5 matches (if there is a withdrawal) and other group will be playing six matches.

I belive everyone will understand and accept my points here.

Let me know if you have any better suggestion than this :thumbs:thumbs

Hello everyone,

@VinitPhilip, @Cricz25, @RIZZYX, @SamP, @lonewolf5646, @rishabh96, @bvnr410, @Acid Burn, @kushari, @DavidTheMan, @chaman82, @Ishaan k, @phani001

We have seen a quite a few with withdrawals of managers form all the leagues recently. So I would like to make sure everyone is committed to play the World Cup league till the end. Also, I wanted to decide how to continue if any manager wants to withdraw in the middle of the league. I am sure that no one here will withdraw intentionally. However, we never know when will the emergency situation will occur to anyone. I want to make few things clear before starting the league regarding the withdrwals.

1) If a manager wants to withdraw from the league and if he has not played any match then I will try my best to find a replacement as soon as possible. If no replacements are available, then the match points will be awarded to his opponent.

2) If a manager wants to withdraw in the middle of the league after playing a couple of matches. Again, the points will be awarded to their opponents (even for the completed matches) no matter if he has won the matches he has completed.

The second point may look a bit unfair. But I am doing this because, if the manager withdrawing is one of the strong contenders, he must be having a good chance of winning the remaining matches as well. If we give points only to his unplayed opponents, the managers who played and lost against him will be penalized. So to be fair with everyone, I will award the points to players who lost against him as well.

Even if we consider the matches as bye, it will make a difference in the points table between Group A and Group B as one group will be playing 5 matches (if there is a withdrawal) and other group will be playing six matches.

I belive everyone will understand and accept my points here.

Let me know if you have any better suggestion than this :thumbs:thumbs

Sounds good @francisjery ...If it is an emergency then we can't do anything but if its not then we can discuss with the leaving manager if he wants some extra time to finish the match or want to have a T20 instead of no match. Atleast a match happening is better instead of no match and getting full points. IMO :yes

Sounds good @francisjery ...If it is an emergency then we can't do anything but if its not then we can discuss with the leaving manager if he wants some extra time to finish the match or want to have a T20 instead of no match. Atleast a match happening is better instead of no match and getting full points. IMO :yes
Playing T20 wil not be a correct option in my opinion. Because this is a 50 over world cup as everyone know. If we mix it up with the T20 then it may create lot of confusions in the points NRR and few other things. Either the manger have to play 50 overs game or he will have to leave :(

That's something I am worried of. Many people are pulling out. Hope others are there. We are too close to start this. Teams will be ready from 26th.

Welcome @subhasish mitra :)

I'm still in for this (and up for any test teams that become available, I'm looking at England especially ;).)!

Will post my squad shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread