ICC Supersoakers Official Thread

Edit: Shame, it was a close loss, fact remains though, twice in a row our batting hasn't performed. We had one good partnership, but everything else was really poor. Just one man's opinion, but I think that having only 5 batsmen is going a little light. Again, just my opinion, but I think that one of our 6 all-rounders should become a pure bastmen, and that at least one, maybe two, of the pure all-rounders should become batting all-rounders instead. Anyone else agree, or am I being illogical?

Well in a match we don't go in with 6 all rounders anyway, also we need the extra bowling option incase one of the other bowlers doesn't fire.... but thats my opinion..

BUt, for instance, in that last match we had 5 batsmen, a pure allrounder, two bowling allrounders, and 3 bowlers. I just think that perhaps two of the three allrounders should be batting ones, there to keep the runs down etc. So have, in my opinion:

5 batsmen
2 batting allrounders
1 bowling allrounder
3 bowlers

I think that gives the optimum balance of batting and bowling, in one-dayers at any rate, because if the top order fails, there is sufficiently enough batting to get us to a reasonable total, and with the bowling, we have three strike bowlers, and then 3 bowlers who can be used/rotated to keep the runs down, make up the numbers, and take the occasional wicket. I could well be wrong, but that makes logical sense to me.

If you want to change an all-rounder I have no objection. You can change me to a pure batsman or pure bowler(legbreak). Because the team is first, then the individual.

Well, dont take what i say as gospel, cause it most definitely isnt. Im just a poor man wiht a poor opinion. lol

I just wonder why yesterdays matches are running late... argghh! I wanna see what happens now that im back in the squad.

Congrats guys, a excellent victory over the Donkeys, with some excellent performances, notably an excellent partnership between Turbanation and Shan111, who both recorded 50's, and a composed bowling performance, especially from the economical MaxKarter, and the ripping spin of w3lshrugby, saw us home!!!!!!

Yeah, I enjoyed the victory too.
Definitely I am not going to changed into a bowler soon.

Well, that was an absolutely fantastic victory over the (previously) undefeated warriors. Opening bowling salvo of Kamran Kahn: 10-0-29-5, was absolutely fantastic, and if i may say so, i wasnt a bad supporting act with 8.1-0-33-3.
No_remorse and Turbanation took us home exceptionally well with 98* (105), and 93 (77) respectively.

Fantastic, emphatic way to knock over the preseason leaders.

Can i plz join this team
BMcCullum
Right hand batsman ( 1-4)
right hand fast bowler
batting average 32 bowling average 22

Users who are viewing this thread