ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you West Indies for getting rid of Rahane! Thank you so much! Dhoni makes a change like this for the wrong match. Even if Shikhar didn't score much, atleast his early dismissal would have paved the way for the lower order hitters like Dhoni, Pandya, etc. Rahane has made this very tough. I repeat - he is JUST NOT T20 MATERIAL!!! :mad:facepalm I would bloody take a low scoring Shikhar Dhawan over a slow scoring Rahane.

God our indian batmsan are such dumbos in this, if you cant hit just for FFS get out!@#$%

I mean it was gud to see get a good start byt rahanae but by 10th over his opener starting trouble license is ove, when there is wkts pls fling and throw it away if you havnt got firepower, it was pathetic to see rahane takign singles as if he is odign a favor rotating strike to kolhi and team in13th and 14 th over , this is a 200 pitch and we are going to end short!

He scored a valuable 40 runs which can't be gained if we add Dhawan's scores in this WT20.

BS!!! Total BS!!! I would take a duck from Dhawan over this 40 from Rahane. ANY FRIGGN' DAY!! India were never in trouble even though Dhawan fell early. But here, Rahane has almost sucked the momentum out of the innings. Even 200 is not safe here and we are set for a 170+ score here (hopefully).

Umm Rahane batted perfectly for his role (Although maybe he batted for too long). He rotated the strike to Kohli and Rohit and let them do all the big blows while he silently went about picking up singles. Maybe by the 10th he should have gone for it but other then that he did really well...

LOL @ people criticizing Rahane

I guess you guys would have preferred Kohli coming in at 20/2 in 3 overs, losing Raina at 50/3 and putting all the pressure on Kohli. Not that he would be up for it.

And Dhawan eats up a LOT of deliveries and plays a ton of dot balls before getting out. There is nothing quickfire about him. Rahane was perfect. Rohit was the one who played 10+ dot balls. Singles on those would have helped us go past 200

I am not criticizing Rahane. I am criticizing Dhoni and management for making that change for this game. Right now, considering the ground and the opposition, this total is does not seem enough. Rahane is all class and I agree. But he is so ill suited for this format. Atleast if he had played a few games before in this tournament, he could have been OK. But he is jumping in fresh for this game.

Even if India somehow luckily win this one, I will stand by my decision that the decision to play Rahane was wrong.

A good start by Rohit and Rahane, continued by Kohli and Rahane, slowed in between finished by Kohli- Dhoni! Keep faith in our bowlers, we can defend this!

I guess you guys would have preferred Kohli coming in at 20/2 in 3 overs, losing Raina at 50/3 and putting all the pressure on Kohli. Not that he would be up for it.

NO its about knowing the game, he gave a better start than dhawan for sure, but after 10 overs it was time to let go of that start and push for runs quick especially knowing this wkt.

It was pathetic to watch him looking to turn stirke over to kohli as if he is doing some big favor to team. ITs baotu being team guy, raina, pandey, pandya, you have so many to get a few hits.

we are 15-20 runs short here for sure

I heard the commentators saying that Dhawan was left out because of an injury. And I feel Rahane played well but he should have started playing big shots a bit early, agreed. And yeah anything happens, blame Dhoni.

How quickly we can get Gayle and how much dew is there will determine the outcome of the come. Rahane played his role well and boy these 2 (Kohli and Dhoni) can run. We need to be sharp in our fielding to force them to play those big shots.

Seriously!!!
I don't know how you people consider yourself as a cricket fan.
That's why i hate Indian fans.
They don't know anything. Just start abusing everyone.
Rahane is the guy who contributed in the scoreboard with 100+ strike rate. His job is to let play Rohit and Kohli.
Not someone like Dhawan who comes and score with below 50 strike rate. The reason why Rohit didn't played well till now is because of Dhawan.
Because he didn't let him play. He just destroyed powerplay all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread