ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he left it for too late. Or maybe, there is no confidence in the middle and lower middle order to make runs and the only thing that made sense was for these two set batsmen to carry on for a few more overs and explode towards the end :spy

Anyways. lets see how long it takes Windies to chase this one down

Oh come on guys! I have followed cricket for years now. Stop this BS "they don't know anything and they abuse everyone" crap. The team management (ok, let me not use the word Dhoni as it seems to ruffle feathers) knew the history of Wankhede (if they didn't, they need to be sacked), they knew that Rahane is not a basher and a guy who tickles and churns than goes all out striking, they know that two changes are too many (one change is forced due to Yuvraj). What was the need to drop Dhawan when Pandey has been picked for Yuvraj?

Rahane on a turning pitch (as it was in our group games) would have been a better choice because there his innings from today would have been somewhat valuable. But here, he was found wanting.

Ok now, the MI paltan boy strikes with the big fish!!

What was the need to drop Dhawan

The need was as follows:

1. Dhawan is out of form
2. He is a walking wicket
3. Unlike someone like Sehwag, he doesn't throw away his wicket early. He eats up deliveries
4. He has played 4 games and his highest SR has been 108.33. Still lower than Rahane's
5. He ate up 22 deliveries against BD and 12 deliveries against Australia before throwing his wicket away

Shikhar Dhawan might be effective in Tests and One-Days, but He just can't accelerate his innings enough to give him a place in the Twenty20 side.

The need was as follows:

1. Dhawan is out of form
2. He is a walking wicket
3. Unlike someone like Sehwag, he doesn't throw away his wicket early. He eats up deliveries
4. He has played 4 games and his highest SR has been 108.33. Still lower than Rahane's
5. He ate up 22 deliveries against BD and 12 deliveries against Australia before throwing his wicket away

That's Dhawan overall and I have no argument against it. I am not supporting Dhawan here. But you have three important things here for this game - a batting beauty of a wicket and the fact that Rahane hasn't played a game this tournament and that this is a semifinal.

That's Dhawan overall and I have no argument against it. I am not supporting Dhawan here. But you have three important things here for this game - a batting beauty of a wicket and the fact that Rahane hasn't played a game this tournament and that this is a semifinal.

Yet, Rahane performed better than Dhawan by miles :spy He might have overstayed by 5-6 deliveries, but he still added atleast 5-6 runs off those deliveries. If it was Dhawan we would probably have another 10 dot balls and the score would be 180

Yet, Rahane performed better than Dhawan by miles :spy He might have overstayed by 5-6 deliveries, but he still added atleast 5-6 runs off those deliveries. If it was Dhawan we would probably have another 10 dot balls and the score would be 180

Dhawan on a batting pitch trumps anyday over Rahane on a batting pitch. You have to remember that almost all wickets we played in the group stages are turning wickets with uneven bounce, pace and what not. Here, I am advocating a "horses for courses" policy. And in today's game scenario, Dhawan was the better pick than Rahane.

@SaiSrini as much as i criticised rahane's innings today, i still would say he was better than dhawan, the selection was good, im just criticising the approach he had after 10 overs than his suitability. Especially in this match knowing the opposition, the pitch, the par sore, with wkts in hand! He did give a good start than dhwan but then ruined it by overstaying his welcome.

Strictly speaking though for t20s neiother dhwan or rahane are fit for openign with rohit, uthappa or muralivjay would be at home!

Thats good showing form our pacers still need to keep it tight simons is dangerous in mumbai![DOUBLEPOST=1459440079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dhawan on a batting pitch trumps anyday over Rahane on a batting pitch

nah i will disagree on that by saying yes he will triumph on batting pitches in odis and tests maybe. In t20s the guy has never ever showed the game for it. Even at his best he will toter at 45 ball 55 or 60 and then get out in t20s nothing more, and will bomb more often than not!

overstepping by a spinner is just beyond ridiculous

Pathetic shots by Samuels and Gayle. I really love Simmons for some reason, seems like a good guy. Ashwin will regret that no ball...

Here, I am advocating a "horses for courses" policy

I would rather have a healthy horse not entirely suited for the track over a 3 legged one who is destined to fail :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread