ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Blaming Rahane for this loss is pathetic ! When Dhawan wasn't playing well, everyone were shouting to replace him with Jinx. When he came out, you guys are blaming him. He batted the way he always does. Yes, he batted slowly, EVERYONE knows. Why were you guys complaing to drop dhawan and pick rahane ? I saw some guys posting that Rahane shouldnt have been picked for this batting pitch. Even before this match, Couple of days ago, why were you shouting to drop dhawan then ? You knew how today's pitch was gonna be. Why were you guys complaining on dhawan's spot in playing XI? Drop dhawan, you criticize. Pick dhawan, you criticize. Drop rahane, you criticize. Pick rahane, you criticize. Just make up your damn minds already.. WI played better than us and they won. No point in blaming rahane. Stop making him a scapegoat.

The no-balls cost us very much. That was the main reason. 195 was a defendable total. Yes, difficuly, but not impossible. We missed one genuine bowler and everyone else went for runs. Done and dusted.

Good luck to england and windies for the finals.

Look it would be easy if a lot of assumption isnt made... Lets do this chronologically!

Dhawn is S hit for t20s end of matter! I really hope he never gets another t20I

Is Rahane better than dhawan absolutely!

Why people asked him to replace because he was the only other opener available in squad.

Is rahane our best t20 openr available to partner rohit :NO he is not! Uthappa or vijay or someonelse will be better someone who is made for t20!

Did rahane open well today yes he did, he gave the perfect platform to rohit and kohli!

Then what happened

He overstayed it, thinking his nurdling will get the game anywhere after 10 overs on a pitch made for flaying were 200 is the average score, The point is kohli is the anchor, you cant have another anchor aroudn him after 10 overs you need guys to come hit and go!

team scored 145 odd of 14 overs, rahane scores 40 of 6 overs, you will see were the problem lies!

To me its not his ability but the way he couldnt read the game, or someonelse from the squad dint run a drinker to tell this is baffling.

As I said, West Indies and their big hitters just keep on coming. And on Simmons and the no balls etc, it wasn't bad luck, it was poor from India. Even the catch could have been taken without touching the rope, it wasn't impossible.

Should be a great final. Smart money is on whoever wins the toss and chases.

Look it would be easy if a lot of assumption isnt made... Lets do this chronologically!

Dhawn is S hit for t20s end of matter!

Is Rahane better than dhawan absolutely!

Why people asked him to replace because he was the only other opener available in squad.

Is rahane our best t20 openr available to partner rohit :NO he is not! Uthappa or vijay or someonelse will be better someone who is made for t20!

Did rahane open well today yes he did, he gave the perfect platform to rohit and kohli!

Then what happened

He overstayed it, thinking his nurdling will get the game anywhere after 10 overs on a pitch made for flaying were 200 is the average score, The point is kohli is the anchor, you cant have another anchor aroudn him after 10 overs you need guys to come hit and go!

team scored 145 odd of 14 overs, rahane scores 40 of 6 overs, you will see were the problem lies!

To me its not his ability but the way he couldnt read the game, or someonelse form the squad dint run a drinker tell this is baffling.
I agree with everything you said. I never said that he was good today. All I said was, this is how he plays.

And this is my exact point ( bolded lines)
You guys wished he would be replaced and you guys were happy that he replaced dhawan today. My question is why blame him now when all the time everyone knew this was going to happen ? Each and everyone knew he was a slow player and still wanted him to replace dhawan. And you were blaming ( even me) MSD that why isnt he replacing dhawan? Now, he has replaced and you( not generalizing you, but everyone else) still blame MSD and you blame Rahane too. This is not FAIR.

And I never said rahane was a good opener. Earlier in this thread I had told/agreed with someone else that Vijay or Uthappa would be good.

My point is simple. You guys wished jinx to be in team knowing his capability and now you guys blame him for the thing ( getting slow runs) which everyone knew from the beginning.

this is how he plays
My point is simple. You guys wished jinx to be in team knowing his capability and now you guys blame him for the thing

again the point is you should know when to get out when you cant contribute or atleast try to hit out!

Simple fact he has done his job and anymore of his stay in the field would be deterrent to the team, with hitters in dugout, knowing this he should have gone for a slogged and got runs or out!

I think a better word than blame would be rahane contributed quite a bit to today's loss, like say ashwin and pandya's noballs!

Last edited:
How wrong is it for Shane Warne to call Lendl Simmons "public enemy No.1", I mean, He played the innings of his lifetime!
Playing the inns he did against India in India makes him the number 1 enemy in India, think Warney was alluding to this

Well. Whatever it is, we lost. Blame this, blame that, whatever. I said my opinion.
Apart from kohli, nehra and yuvi to some small extent, no one impressed me. Whichever country you support, you just can't ignore the great cricket played by Nehra and kohli. You just can't hate them.
I won't be posting anymore in this thread unless someone quotes me. Yes, I won't follow a tournament when India gets eliminated from it.
Peace out!

Playing the inns he did against India in India makes him the number 1 enemy in India, think Warney was alluding to this
So basically, Warne indirectly said "Simmons played a match winning knock against India in India so He must be India's No.1 enemy at the moment"

Do You really think India is biased enough to hate good cricket just because their team lost? NO! Warne was wrong.

I said it in the starting that England and India will go far, Well at least one did.

Eng v WI

So basically, Warne indirectly said "Simmons played a match winning knock against India in India so He must be India's No.1 enemy at the moment"

Do You really think India is biased enough to hate good cricket just because their team lost? NO! Warne was wrong.
No one can hate WI in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread