ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am very proud of being Indian today. Yes, we lost, but proud of the boys. I'm not saying drop Ashwin, because I do believe he is bloody good. But ya, he's not as good as he/STARSPORTS thinks he is. And Ashwin should SHUT UP and bowl.

I am hurting so bad. I feel so helpless and finished. You look for happiness in sport in life and then this.

So basically, Warne indirectly said "Simmons played a match winning knock against India in India so He must be India's No.1 enemy at the moment"

Do You really think India is biased enough to hate good cricket just because their team lost? NO! Warne was wrong.
Yes Warne knows what he is talking about, lets go back to the 96 wc against SL at Eden Gardens, recall the scenes there?

I reckon England should go against their natural instincts and look to put runs on the board on Sunday. I reckon if we get 140, the pitch will get slower and lower and it'll be tough to chase.

I wonder if they'll be tempted to get a third spinner in at the expense of either Willey or Plunkett. I wouldn't, but this is the first time that England will play on a slow turner. Probably not the right time for a Dawson debut though. There's more appropriate opportunities than a World Cup final.

I am hurting so bad. I feel so helpless and finished. You look for happiness in sport in life and then this.

Hey, as Indian fans, we have had sides with worse attitudes and much less talent in the past. That we now expect our side to win big tournaments is something to be proud of. Since the 2011 World Cup win, we have been in the semis of almost all tournaments barring the 2012 World T20. Over the 3 World T20s in 2012/14/16, we have lost just 4 games out of 20! Its a format that could have results going either way. For a wicket like the Wankhede, WI had more impact players. Had this been on a slower track, things could`ve been more even. Its alright.

This side has the self-confidence and the nucleus to be a force in the next few years. With this being Dhoni`s last world event, this is his legacy. The Indian side in ICC events is essentially the opposite of SA. Over all ICC events since 2011, India have been the most consistent side, if not the best.

I am over it now. But I don't believe the team should be changed so drastically. Just let the natural process happen. I am not sure how long Yuvraj or Dhoni will be playing. Nehra can serve India for a year or two if he keeps himself focused to only T20 cricket. In T20's, he has rediscovered life back. Bumrah has been a brilliant find, Shami if he can keep his injuries away, is a real threat. Ashwin and Jadeja are good in favorable conditions but we need slightly better spinning allrounders. I am not too convinced with Negi and Harbhajan. Neither of them had their captain's confidence. Hardik Pandya can grow with experience, which is what Dhoni is focusing on. He has the makings, but he needs lot of fine tuning.

Rohit and Kohli are the nucleus of our batting. And we need to re-evaluate Raina's role. I think he should go back to being the finisher that he was earlier before he was promoted up the order. Maybe he is utilized better as finisher. Anyway when Dhoni walks away, we need someone to replace Dhoni's finishing capabilities. I am not in favor of totally discarding Raina, but he needs to be re-aligned. I still don't believe Ajinkya Rahane is an option for T20. Manish Pandey needs to be kept, and maybe bring in someone like Uthappa or Shreyas Iyer.

I will watch the final with a "I don't care whoever wins" feeling. That's a nice way to feel, but I would gleefully trade it for the tension and excitement that comes with every India game.

so who predicted an England/Windies final before the competition started?

Hey, as Indian fans, we have had sides with worse attitudes and much less talent in the past. That we now expect our side to win big tournaments is something to be proud of. Since the 2011 World Cup win, we have been in the semis of almost all tournaments barring the 2012 World T20. Over the 3 World T20s in 2012/14/16, we have lost just 4 games out of 20! Its a format that could have results going either way. For a wicket like the Wankhede, WI had more impact players. Had this been on a slower track, things could`ve been more even. Its alright.

This side has the self-confidence and the nucleus to be a force in the next few years. With this being Dhoni`s last world event, this is his legacy. The Indian side in ICC events is essentially the opposite of SA. Over all ICC events since 2011, India have been the most consistent side, if not the best.

WI didn't have half the players India have. I'm a proud Indian and I know our best squad was there. We just seem to give it away. I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that the 'best spinner in the world' was so below par in his own conditions. I'd have it if he was soft spoken but the guy talks a BIG GAME. He performed in 1 game against BD. Care to tell me why MS didn't have the faith to bowl him more?

I don't like to blame MSD. The guy is legend, but he is stubborn in terms of selection and that pitch warranted another seamer.

Read somewhere that match result is pre-determined. Umpires are checking the noballs, catches etc… for Simmons while they are not bothered about its consequences.

sorry i only just saw this post and it made me laugh

your bowlers apparently can't bowl properly, which apparently means that the game was fixed????

What a great game. India deserved to lose. Nothing personal, but no-one barring Virat Kohli has clicked for India in the entire tournament. Read a great statistic that Kohli has scored more runs in this WT20 then the other top 5 combined.

Got to feel so sorry for Virat Kohli though. Class apart, by far the best player in WT20 cricket at the moment. Can't put a foot wrong with the bat/or bowl in that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread