ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon England should go against their natural instincts and look to put runs on the board on Sunday. I reckon if we get 140, the pitch will get slower and lower and it'll be tough to chase.

I wonder if they'll be tempted to get a third spinner in at the expense of either Willey or Plunkett. I wouldn't, but this is the first time that England will play on a slow turner. Probably not the right time for a Dawson debut though. There's more appropriate opportunities than a World Cup final.

Would definitely sacrifice a seamer, most likely Plunkett (Willey provides a little more with the bat and is left handed), for a 3rd spinner. But I don't think England have anyone that is quality to be able to step in for him.

What a great game. India deserved to lose. Nothing personal, but no-one barring Virat Kohli has clicked for India in the entire tournament. Read a great statistic that Kohli has scored more runs in this WT20 then the other top 5 combined.

Got to feel so sorry for Virat Kohli though. Class apart, by far the best player in WT20 cricket at the moment. Can't put a foot wrong with the bat/or bowl in that matter.

Harsh post. I felt Yuvraj, Dhoni, Nehra, Buhmra and Jadeja (barring the last game) did a job. I agree though, no one apart from him REALLY stood out. But, who among the finalists has a chap that's scored 300 odd runs, been dismissed twice out of five innings and has basically been the man of the series? Like I said, probably India don't deserve to win, but I really am hurting for Kohli. Heck it's 320am and I can't sleep.[DOUBLEPOST=1459461323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would definitely sacrifice a seamer, most likely Plunkett (Willey provides a little more with the bat and is left handed), for a 3rd spinner. But I don't think England have anyone that is quality to be able to step in for him.

I'm supporting England but they don't have a hope in hell on that wicket.

Harsh post. I felt Yuvraj, Dhoni, Nehra, Buhmra and Jadeja (barring the last game) did a job. I agree though, no one apart from him REALLY stood out. But, who among the finalists has a chap that's scored 300 odd runs, been dismissed twice out of five innings and has basically been the man of the series? Like I said, probably India don't deserve to win, but I really am hurting for Kohli. Heck it's 320am and I can't sleep.[DOUBLEPOST=1459461323][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm supporting England but they don't have a hope in hell on that wicket.

I mean come on. Bumrah and Nehra I will give you. They bowled exceedingly well through out the tournament. But India is known for its batting firepower and that wasn't evident at all, especially for Yuvraj. A massive waste of a player now. During the Australia game, had he stayed an extra over or two India would have lost the game. He struggled against the most basic bowling.

Regarding England, I won't be too sure. On a turning track proper batsmen are likely to shine through which West Indies lack compared to England.

That's the problem- there isn't anyone. You can't risk Liam Dawson (though he's promising) in a World Cup final. I'd love to have James Tredwell in the squad right now. I know Bayliss and Farbrace have tried to move on and get rid of some of the older players like Anderson, Broad and Bell, and that has clearly been very successful. However, I never felt that Tredwell had ever let England down.

On an unrelated note, How poor was the umpiring in the tournament, specially this game?
Really shouldn't be told about no balls from the third umpire everytime, makes you think about all the no balls they missed on ordinary deliveries. Really hope we get to see atleast one review per side adopted within the T20 game in the near future.

That's the problem- there isn't anyone. You can't risk Liam Dawson (though he's promising) in a World Cup final. I'd love to have James Tredwell in the squad right now. I know Bayliss and Farbrace have tried to move on and get rid of some of the older players like Anderson, Broad and Bell, and that has clearly been very successful. However, I never felt that Tredwell had ever let England down.

Most likely Root will have to roll his arm in the game. Don't want to give the West Indies a lot of pace to work with, that's their speciality.

I mean come on. Bumrah and Nehra I will give you. They bowled exceedingly well through out the tournament. But India is known for its batting firepower and that wasn't evident at all, especially for Yuvraj. A massive waste of a player now. During the Australia game, had he stayed an extra over or two India would have lost the game. He struggled against the most basic bowling.

Regarding England, I won't be too sure. On a turning track proper batsmen are likely to shine through which West Indies lack compared to England.

Jadeja went for under 6 an over before this game. And here in India, we tend to look more than the number of runs scored and the situation those runs are scored in. You're from Pakistan and I dare say that I rate the Pakistani quicks in this tournament above those of SA/Oz. When Yuvi made those runs against Pakistan, they were quality runs on a tough wicket. Also against Oz, we needed a partnership and he provided it. He did his job. I think the big disappointment for India has been Raina. I would still always pick him in a 50 over or T20 match, but he has had an awful WC.

On England? WI are ok against spin. Their real weakness is pace and swing and there's none of that at Eden. Also, England have played at Delhi and Mumbai which is like batting paradise compared to Eden. WI will win a boring final at Eden.

Just a word on the 'director of cricket'. Humility is a strong virtue. For India's sake I hope that moron Shastri leaves asap. Absolute idiot in the name of a coach.

The next time we play against Bangladesh, Mushfiqur Rahim will be the hot topic. He better not play or he better performs big. Because whenever he does not performs, he is going to be trolled massively.

The way he reacted on Twitter today after today's defeat (still nursing that sour grapes of him having a brain fade against us in the group game) was cheap work. Indian fans will take care of him when he faces us again. :p :D

The next time we play against Bangladesh, Mushfiqur Rahim will be the hot topic. He better not play or he better performs big. Because whenever he does not performs, he is going to be trolled massively.

The way he reacted on Twitter today after today's defeat (still nursing that sour grapes of him having a brain fade against us in the group game) was cheap work. Indian fans will take care of him when he faces us again. :p :D

I don't know why he's getting such a hard time for it. If he wants to support the team India are playing against then so what? India are a very hard to to like (for a number of reasons), so I'm not surprised he was cheering on the West Indies.

Hard to put AUS in the favourites category since they don't have enough mystery spinners and their batting against spin is suspect.

Hard to say anyone is really favourites however. For sure in home conditions IND will do well with Jadeja/Ashwin/Mishra likely to get surfaces that will suit. West Indies will be right up there - especially once Narine plays. South Africa team balance looked very strong in recent T20s in India now that A Morkel is back & also yea England's team looks very good.

War said:
If Narine, Pollard, Simmons and Young Bravo was in - Windies really would be the real clear favourites to win this competition.

Although I've said from the inception that it was even with the top 6 teams except for PAK/SRI to winning the tournament, I've always felt Windies being the most consistent T20 team since 2012 were the real favourites if they clicked/had all best players. Simmons being able to join team helps bring the closer to the killer squad.

England could still win it - but it would probably be fitting if windies win. Will send a strong statement to their dumb administrators who victimized many of their star players, who in a lot of ways if the team had properly built on world T20 triumph - should have been a force in all formats

Although I've said from the inception that it was even with the top 6 teams except for PAK/SRI to winning the tournament, I've always felt Windies being the most consistent T20 team since 2012 were the real favourites if they clicked/had all best players. Simmons being able to join team helps bring the closer to the killer squad.

England could still win it - but it would probably be fitting if windies win. Will send a strong statement to their dumb administrators who victimized many of their star players, who in a lot of ways if the team had properly built on world T20 triumph - should have been a force in all formats

I'm not sure the two self-quotes you've provided prove that you made good predictions for this tournament. The first is very vague and basically suggests that there's a few decent teams with no one team stronger than the other. The second basically says that the West Indies will do well if 4 players that weren't in the squad (until the semi), play.

I don't know why he's getting such a hard time for it. If he wants to support the team India are playing against then so what? India are a very hard to to like (for a number of reasons), so I'm not surprised he was cheering on the West Indies.

If you are an International player and you are reacting like he did today, it is disappointing. There is nothing wrong in supporting the other team. In fact I think everyone except Indians were cheering for WI as it has been the case for past few years now. However, the tweets and the Facebook posts he made were simply there as a "humiliation" purpose toward India. Which is kind of childish especially after they have just thrown away a game against India in group stages.

sorry i only just saw this post and it made me laugh

your bowlers apparently can't bowl properly, which apparently means that the game was fixed????
"April Fool" :p

What's up with Mushfiqur Rahim ? He has been going crazy all over the social media after India's loss.

What's up with Mushfiqur Rahim ? He has been going crazy all over the social media after India's loss.
He has gone crazy since he scored that boundary towards the fine leg during the IndvsBang encounter (last over - 3rd ball).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread