ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Blaming Rahane for this loss is pathetic ! When Dhawan wasn't playing well, everyone were shouting to replace him with Jinx. When he came out, you guys are blaming him. He batted the way he always does. Yes, he batted slowly, EVERYONE knows. Why were you guys complaing to drop dhawan and pick rahane ? I saw some guys posting that Rahane shouldnt have been picked for this batting pitch. Even before this match, Couple of days ago, why were you shouting to drop dhawan then ? You knew how today's pitch was gonna be. Why were you guys complaining on dhawan's spot in playing XI? Drop dhawan, you criticize. Pick dhawan, you criticize. Drop rahane, you criticize. Pick rahane, you criticize. Just make up your damn minds already.. WI played better than us and they won. No point in blaming rahane. Stop making him a scapegoat.

The no-balls cost us very much. That was the main reason. 195 was a defendable total. Yes, difficuly, but not impossible. We missed one genuine bowler and everyone else went for runs. Done and dusted.

Good luck to england and windies for the finals.

Absolutely proud of you, Z. You helped me believe that genuine Indian cricket fans are still alive.

I thought the pitch was one where as a batsman who had to go the Jason Roy way early on. That is what Simmons and Russell did. Charles too except for that one Nehra over was hitting it well very early in the innings. Marlon tried to play with traditional approach but failed. You can say that is how our batsmen plays normally but I would say it was cautious decision to go full monty from the initial overs. Even situation demanded that given it was a big score to chase. What I am trying to say is knowing Rahane as a more of anchor batsman, if Rohit had started hitting from the very first ball you guys could have won but Russell, Badree and Brathwaite, despite the first ball six in his first over, did well to contain the batsmen. The overs 11-13 in the Indian innings were the turning point too. IIRC, India were 87 at half way and reached hundred in the 13th over so those three overs did us world of good too. I thought India batsmen played a bit too cautiously thinking about not loosing too many wickets early on. I did not understand that approach because when you have players like Kohli and Dhoni waiting in the dugout and Rahane on the crease whom you can depend on for sticking to one end, you can move to last gear from the very first ball. Basically we bowled at least 5 really good overs according to the context of the game which was the game decider in the end. Of course, Simmons and Russell's were the gem of innings. What this win also showed that we are not overdependent on Gayle. That said, we would always love to see our players play their best cricket.

Not pointing out in a wrong way but how come all the Indian bowlers started having the problems with no-ball all of a sudden when they did quite okay with extras in league matches?

England v WI final would be amazing. Both teams have very good allrounders which is the core of any cricket team. I am really looking forward to the Willey-Gayle battle. If Willey can pitch it full and swing just a little bit away from CG, he might get his wicket early. I am sure England would have watched a lot of videos of Gayle to work out a plan to get him out.

The overs 11-13 in the Indian innings were the turning point too. IIRC, India were 87 at half way and reached hundred in the 13th over so those three overs did us world of good too. I thought India batsmen played a bit too cautiously thinking about not loosing too many wickets early on.

Would certainly like to know what was the plan then, i mean with nine wkts in hand and knowing the par score there we lost the plot a bit there!

England v WI final would be amazing. Both teams have very good allrounders which is the core of any cricket team. I am really looking forward to the Willey-Gayle battle.

I think the key for windies would be how they cope with the Eden pitch as they are moving form mumbai after sometime, if the pitch isnt moist like from ind pak match, it should be a good batting wicket not as much as mumbai but say 180 wkt, if there is moisture and it soaks up may become a turner, still would give advantage to WI with their better spinners.

A win would certainly lift the West Indies cricket a lot more! If they keep their cool as they have done so far this tourny they should win.

Would certainly like to know what was the plan then, i mean with nine wkts in hand and knowing the par score there we lost the plot a bit there!

I think the key for windies would be how they cope with the Eden pitch as they are moving form mumbai after sometime, if the pitch isnt moist like from ind pak match, it should be a good batting wicket not as much as mumbai but say 180 wkt, if there is moisture and it soaks up may become a turner, still would give advantage to WI with their better spinners.

A win would certainly lift the West Indies cricket a lot more! If they keep their cool as they have done so far this tourny they should win.
Agreed that the conditions will be the key once again. We did beat England in the group stage but that was when only two players - Gayle and Samuels - batted well while others stitched their innings around. Our bowlers kept their openers quite as well but I am sure this time round they will come all guns blazing, Roy in particular has been able to give England flashy starts more often than not hence getting both the openers early will be the key. Once they are gone, they have quite a few lefties we need to negotiate. The gentle off spinners of Gayle and Marlon might be effective at that point.

Mushfiqur Rahim! Is he even worth a discussion? The guy has been such a loser all his life. Now I know where the Bangladesh fans get their cue from.

Jadeja went for under 6 an over before this game. And here in India, we tend to look more than the number of runs scored and the situation those runs are scored in. You're from Pakistan and I dare say that I rate the Pakistani quicks in this tournament above those of SA/Oz. When Yuvi made those runs against Pakistan, they were quality runs on a tough wicket. Also against Oz, we needed a partnership and he provided it. He did his job. I think the big disappointment for India has been Raina. I would still always pick him in a 50 over or T20 match, but he has had an awful WC.

Pakistani quicks were medicore at best in this tournament, barring Amir and even he was pathetic on batting tracks. Yuvraj was the biggest waste of space in the time during the entire WC for India. Better of with the likes of Manish Pandey. To say Yuvi hung in there was a massive exaggeration, he struggled against every decent seamer; be it from Oz or any other country. He was a waste of bowls, unlike Kohli who constantly turned the strike and found boundaries during the tougher times.

Regardless of his performance, what is the point of having him in the national side with so much class on the benches on in the domestic circuit. He is an old man and is living in the shell that he created during his 2007 WC blitzes.

I also have the commend the curator of the pitches. Nice to see a variety of scores unlike all being runfest pitches.

CRESTFALLEN: After conceding 18 runs in his final over, Hardik Pandya walked towards long-on, never for a moment raising his eyes to look at his teammates, or the roaring fans. When he finally lifted his head, he found Rohit waving to him. He had walked up to the wrong fielding position. In front of 30,000-odd people, Pandya learnt how lonely cricket can sometimes get

Pakistani quicks were medicore at best in this tournament, barring Amir and even he was pathetic on batting tracks. Yuvraj was the biggest waste of space in the time during the entire WC for India. Better of with the likes of Manish Pandey. To say Yuvi hung in there was a massive exaggeration, he struggled against every decent seamer; be it from Oz or any other country. He was a waste of bowls, unlike Kohli who constantly turned the strike and found boundaries during the tougher times.

Regardless of his performance, what is the point of having him in the national side with so much class on the benches on in the domestic circuit. He is an old man and is living in the shell that he created during his 2007 WC blitzes.

Well, this is your opinion. I have my own. The discussion is pointless because we didn't win and Yuvi has probably played his last marquee event. I also don't agree that Pakistan were mediocre atleast in terms of fast bowling.

CRESTFALLEN: After conceding 18 runs in his final over, Hardik Pandya walked towards long-on, never for a moment raising his eyes to look at his teammates, or the roaring fans. When he finally lifted his head, he found Rohit waving to him. He had walked up to the wrong fielding position. In front of 30,000-odd people, Pandya learnt how lonely cricket can sometimes get

He will learn from this. Glad to see a genuine medium quick who can wield the willow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread