PS3: ICC World Twenty20 League-thing

I guess I am a bit late but I would dearly love to play this tournament too!Wouldnt it be possible to increase the number of teams?I dont mind playing even for Germany!

@IceAgeComing

Could you possibly update the opening post with the groups we are in to make it easier for everyone to find.

Also I think it would be a good idea to put the PS Id's next to everyone's teams so we can add each other and get some warm up games between each other.

If anyone wants a game, I should be available tonight from around 9pm BST until late and the same over the weekend. (May be online during the day for a little while too)

Last edited:
@AngryPixel

Couldn't catch you today, by the time you sent me an invite I had to get off soon after.

I will be back online in around 3 hours. :wave

Whats going on with this?

Do we have any dates set to get going?

This is still happening: I've got a shit load of stuff to do this week for exams.

I'll edit the OP just now: if we say next week to start?

This is still happening: I've got a shit load of stuff to do this week for exams.

I'll edit the OP just now: if we say next week to start?

Next week seems fine.

May be you should do a quick check to see if everyone is still taking part in this, seems very quite in here.

Right, groups are in the OP; but I'll post the fixture list in here. I'd like to start next week: so I'll say that first fixtures should be in by a week on Wednesday to give everyone time - after that, it shall be weekly ending on Wednesdays. Here are my proposed fixture lists: feel free to swap if you want but please do it before the first game is played and posted in the thread:

Groups - Round 1

Group A
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe
England vs Nepal

Group B
India vs Bangladesh
New Zealand vs Hong Kong

Group C
Pakistan vs Afghanistan
Australia vs The UAE

Group D
South Africa vs Ireland
West Indies vs Netherlands

Groups - Round 2

Group A
Sri Lanka vs Nepal
England vs Zimbabwe

Group B
India vs Hong Kong
New Zealand vs Bangladesh

Group C
Pakistan vs the UAE
Australia vs Afghanistan

Group D
South Africa vs Netherlands
West Indies vs Ireland

Groups - Round 3

Group A
Sri Lanka vs England
Zimbabwe vs Nepal

Group B
India vs New Zealand
Bangladesh vs Hong King

Group C
Pakistan vs Australia
Afghanistan vs the UAE

Group D
South Africa vs West Indies
Ireland vs Netherlands

Quarter Finals:

Winner of Group A vs Runner Up Group D
Winner of Group B vs Runner Up Group C
Winner of Group C vs Runner Up Group B
Winner of Group D vs Runner Up Group A

and so on

Feel free to share scores and chat about games in the thread (and those with capture equipment: record them if you want!) bar the final round. To make it fair for everyone and to not advantage the final players in any group, send your results to me via PM. I'll announce them in a big post and then we'll be in the knockouts. I'm going to be away for two weeks in late May-early June; but that shouldn't affect anything since my highest online score is 16 so I doubt that I'll be qualifying and I can admin from Krakow/Berlin...

Just going to do some mention spam to get everyone's attention: please post in the thread if you're still ready and able, and then we'll give this a try!
@kushari @Markkkkk @bradthelad @rishabh96 @Andrin Issac @rahulkhush @bigsix @RIZZYX @AngryPixel @r3lo4ded @s_mohd @arjwiz @chaman82 @Solomon @Dutch

Right, groups are in the OP; but I'll post the fixture list in here. I'd like to start next week: so I'll say that first fixtures should be in by a week on Wednesday to give everyone time - after that, it shall be weekly ending on Wednesdays. Here are my proposed fixture lists: feel free to swap if you want but please do it before the first game is played and posted in the thread:

Groups - Round 1

Group A
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe
England vs Nepal

Group B
India vs Bangladesh
New Zealand vs Hong Kong

Group C
Pakistan vs Afghanistan
Australia vs The UAE

Group D
South Africa vs Ireland
West Indies vs Netherlands

@IceAgeComing I am ready whenever you want to start bro..

Can we start now?

Turns out I'm playing @Solomon finally! :D Can you play now? I've got until just after noon London time after which I start my Ranji game with valerian.

@IceAgeComing I'm happy to play you whatever time. And what about the squads? I think I missed something!

With regards to sqauds, i think any player should be in the playing XI from the 'get best' rotar of that team? Or any player that is eligible for playing for that country excluding retired players ofcourse.

Or finally perhaps we narrow it down to 15 players which we make a list of here? (I actually prefer this last one, it is more realistic)

I've been using the LlewelynF7 players and they seem pretty good: although YMMV.

The rules that I was considering was that you should use a set of UNCHANGED players from the team list thread in the DBC (they all are pretty good) or the get best players. I'm fine with you building a squad out of those teams since that's the fun of it, but please post a 15 man squad ITT before you play your first game.

I don't want to start saying "you MUST use these players!" since that might complicate things for people who've gone to the effort of getting the players that they like.

Can we start now?

Turns out I'm playing @Solomon finally! :D Can you play now? I've got until just after noon London time after which I start my Ranji game with valerian.

@arjwiz I am free a little later from now. Let me know if it will work for you

Users who are viewing this thread