Story Image Editing Tutorial(Improving your presentation)

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned

PURPOSE OF THE TUTORIAL

I felt that many users were just posting pictures in their story which not only makes the story look untidy if there are too many pictures but also does not present the story in a proper manner.So I felt that this tutorial would help those members and we could see some really good stories from a lot of members in the future.

TOOLS REQUIRED

1)An image editor like photoshop.

2)Software for taking pictures like Fraps or Photoshop.

THE PROCESS OF EDITING IMAGES

Ill explain this in steps so that it is easier to understand.

1)Collect all the pictures you want and open them using photoshop or any other image editor.

tut1.jpg

2)Start a new picture which will hold all the images,choose an appropriate size.

tut2.jpg

3)Using a tool such as rectangular-marquee select the area of the picture that you want,and you may use feather on the image as well.

tut3.jpg

4)Now simply copy the image and paste it in the new image that you created earlier.

5)Now use the Free Transform tool to resize,rotate or place your image according to your needs.

tut4.jpg

6)Follow the same procedure with all the other images,and save this new image(prefferably in .jpg format).

tut5.jpg

Further enhancing your story with images

You may also further enhance your presentation's by using borders,fonts animations etc and any possible innovations to make your story look presentable.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I hope that the tutorial has been useful to members and that more members would be using these ideas in their stories.Thank You.

Siddharth(sid_19840)

UPDATE:ADDING BORDERS BY aussie1st

A step be step guide for newbies.
Click here to show the image for this tutorial.
This is for photoshop
1. Select the image (shown in first image)
2. Go to Select > Modify > Boarder > Choose number of pixels. (2nd image)
3. You have your boarder! Now go and select the paint bucket (3rd image)
4. With your paint bucket selected and colour choosen click anywhere inside the selection.
5. The 4th image is the result!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
yes, Photoshop is No.1 in that it gives you reduced image sizes with far greater picture quality! Avoid Photoimpact coz it greatly increases file size for better image quality!

sid_19840

International Coach
Thanks,yes photoshop is obviously better,hopefuly it will help members and storymakers in improving their presentation and that we will have plenty of good stories in future(although there are plenty are excellent one's currently too).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
ZoraxDoom said:
I use paint for my TT Lions thread, works well too...

the thing with paint is, you dont have the option of having a higher image quality with higher file size unlike serious photo editing software! it just asks you if you want to save it as jpeg image and saves it and the reduce in image quality is visible!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks, Sid! Using your tutorial, I've managed to make this with Photo Impact.

asheswinners20059kq.jpg

One for all Aussies...

sid_19840

International Coach
SkateBoarder said:
Thanks, Sid! Using your tutorial, I've managed to make this with Photo Impact.

asheswinners20059kq.jpg

One for all Aussies...

Thanks skateboarder,as I said earlier hopefully it will help in improving the presentation in terms of pictures in future story threads.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
sid_19840 u have done a great job man .. i hope this thread is stuck ( glued ) to the top .... :cheers

langerrox

International Coach
the perfect size for image is 1024x819 which fits very nicely, 1024pixels wide and 819 pixels high!

Users who are viewing this thread