India A and West Indies A Tour of UK, June-July 2010

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pujara to lead India A in England | India Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Cricinfo said:
Squad: Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt/wk), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Abhimanyu Mithun, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma, Jayadev Unadkat

It'll be interesting to see who performs, since I reckon they're going to be bounced. Virat Kohli has shown that he can play in Australia in the Emerging players tournament. The only other players to do anything significant that time were Tyagi and Badrinath. Manoj Tiwary batted too low in that Emerging Players Tourney, although he hit a 50 or two.

First India A call-up for the likes of Pandey, S Tiwary and Mithun. Will be interesting to see how those 3 go. Very young, and perhaps the 3 who really showed their potential this season.

Good squad. Bowling looks alright, as is the case always with an Indian team.

Mukund
Dhawan/Rahane
M Tiwary
Pujara
Pandey
S Tiwary
Saha
Abdulla/Bipul
Mithun
Tyagi
Kulkarni

5th bowler being M Tiwary. But I reckon one of the batsmen won't play, and they'll go in with 5 bowlers.

There are some warm-ups I think, along with a tri-series involving England Lions and West Indies A.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies still have to announce their team. West Indies A are in Bangladesh and just beat South Africa A by some 50 runs with Darren Bravo scoring a century.

P

pcfan123

No Yadav? isnt he an International prospect now? Unless this is an FC only tour

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, read up about Bravo. Good knock.

Umesh Yadav is in the squad for the tri-series in Zimbabwe. As are Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, Ashwin and Vinay. All the seniors rested. Raina is the captain, not too happy about that, and Kohli vice-captain. Kohli should've captained. Highly weak Indian team that. Surprised to see Pankaj Singh called up for that series.

Uthappa is the surprising omission from both teams. IPL form isn't everything it seems, and it shouldn't be. But, I would've included Uthappa in this squad, ahead of Jadhav. Just to see how he'll play in foreign conditions.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Woah, Raina captain? Kohli VC? Is this an ODI only series? I hope Badri was called up!

Links to any details would be appreciated...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@ LongLegs: There is some issue with Uthappa's fitness (read about it after the team for Zimbabwe was announced). I guess he could be unfit.

Raina captaincy is because he is the senior player of the side, and also maybe because he plays for Chennai Super Kings and captained them in the recent IPL. Hope we play on really juicy tracks and we are made to hop around a lot. Will be very good experience for our second string side.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Woah, Raina captain? Kohli VC? Is this an ODI only series? I hope Badri was called up!

Links to any details would be appreciated...

Look in the PC thread. It has already been posted.

.Mob

International Coach
Jaskaran Singh makes it, but Nayar does not. Yeah, okay.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Are.You.Serious.

Maybe it's a sign that he's too good for the A team? Nayar is certainly one of the better players in Indian cricket, just look at how Sachin Tendulkar rates him. Used words like 'matchwinner', 'talisman' (Seriously, Tendulkar calling someone a talisman?!), 'fantastic prospect' etc repeatedly in the IPL when he was coming back in the semis/finals.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pujara as captain is a good choice. Manoj Tiwary should have been vice captain. Anyways, a good opportunity for the boys to get a taste of overseas conditions, play on harder and livelier wickets. I dont care if they are bounced. They should be bounced, because that how they will learn.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, Manoj should've been vice, but oh well.

I was surprised at no Nayar too. Wasn't in the team to Zimbabwe as well.

iKart

School Cricketer
Pretty good team, I must say. The batting looks very bright indeed with the batsmen on display. This is a wonderful opportunity for Abhinav Mukund to display his talent. He's a wonderful player who never got a chance to play in the IPL. Let's hope this tour brings him into the limelight.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Devon Smith to lead West Indies A in England | West Indies Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

West Indies A: Devon Smith (capt), David Bernard (vc), Omar Phillips, Lionel Baker, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Odean Brown, Kirk Edwards, Andre Fletcher, Justin Guillen, Imran Khan, Nelon Pascal, Gavin Tonge, Chadwick Walton.

Kieron Pollard and Nikita Miller will replace Justin Guillen and Odean Brown for the one-day section of the tour.

Good to see Kraigg Brathwaite in the squad but I would have liked Jason Holder to be included too.
I also like that they left Darren Bravo in the A team instead of calling him up for the tests against South Africa. It will give him some more time to face quality bowling and experience English conditions.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Ganapathy, the Tamil Nadu allrounder, who had a really good season replaces Mithun who has gone to Zimbabwe...to sit on the bench...for no reason. Mithun shouldn't have gone...the experience in England would've been better.

Most of these Indian bowlers are actually pretty good at the longer format - it's the shorter format that they're not good at.

India A are playing Yorkshire today - 3 day game.

Mukund
Dhawan
Rahane
Pujara
Pandey
M Tiwary
Saha
Kulkarni
Abdulla
Jaskaran
Tyagi

Cricinfo says that's the India A line-up. Uhhh, Jaskaran or Unadkat...I would've picked Unadkat(left armer, more pace, just a bit wayward). More talented than Jaskaran imo. Mithun should've been here and started however...oh well. Batting line-up looks fairly obvious. Saurabh will probably come in for someone in the limited over games, although his FC average is 50, so it's not like he can't play the longer format.

Manoj Tiwary at 6 is iffy too, but it's a 3 day game, so that's fine by me. Hopefully he's not there for the shorter format.

Users who are viewing this thread