India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be out, benefit of the doubt.

LOL! Spoke too soon, that should've been out, no real assurance he had his foot down.
Benefit of doubt should go to the batsman, though, which is why Symonds was given not out.

But this umpiring is getting really pathetic--even the third umpire. BNJ Oxenford--some unheard of chappie--makes my list just barely.

The Umpires suck, the 3rd Umpire sucks too. Get some decent umps out there. Players when they retire should be umpires like Paul Reifel is doing in domestic cricket.

Well done Roy, nice innings all though hes had some luck.

That looked out but to be fair to the third umpire there was hardly anything in it. If there is any doubt in the umpires mind then the batsman should be given not out.

There was no doubt in that. The side on angle showed his foot to be in the air when the bails were off.
This is criminal because not only has a good ball not been rewarded but a great piece of keeping has gone in vain as well, add to the fact the small matter of breaking a crucial partnership.

I hope both teams submit a very poor performance report for the umpires here. They have been progressively being making a mockery of the game.

i reckon icc will have look at the decision made in this match its is day 1 and umpiring has been verse i have seen it

Thats 2.5-1 against India now. The umpires are really having a shocker of a day.

Their were 3 interesting frames.
- The 1st where the gloves were about to impact of the stumps and his foot is in the air.
- The 2nd the bail is just off and the foot wasn't grounded.
- And the 3rd his foot was on the ground and the bail was clearly off.

Was enough doubt to say that he didn't have his foot down.

That stumping was close, but where I think there was doubt is in the stumps, it was hard to see the moment when a bail was totally dislodged in relation to his foot, which was also a little hard to see when it was down.

Their were 3 interesting frames.
- The 1st where the gloves were about to impact of the stumps and his foot is in the air.
- The 2nd the bail is just off and the foot wasn't grounded.
- And the 3rd his foot was on the ground and the bail was clearly off.

Was enough doubt to say that he didn't have his foot down.
If the bail is off and the foot isn't grounded, you have your decision right there.

That stumping was close, but where I think there was doubt is in the stumps, it was hard to see the moment when a bail was totally dislodged in relation to his foot, which was also a little hard to see when it was down.
Yes, I think all my frustration is a combination of poor bowling and some poor decisions on-field. And there still isn't a ****ing third man. Kumble needs to get his head out of his ass and get a damn fielder there.

That should have been not out given the doubt, but what makes me angrier is that both the commentators on air (Ian Chappell and Alan Wilkins) thought that Symonds was out.

well i think india need a good fast bolwer who can bowl about 145-150kph and knock the tail it is simple but the thing there is none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread