India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia were 190 odd when Bucknor showed us that he was "DEAF". Now Australia are 306 odd runs and are truly on the top of this game. 100 more runs and they could possibly shut India out of this match again.

Thank you Bucknor (and Benson!).

Yes, anybody who says umpiring decisions don't affect games has probably never watched cricket for as long as I have. And all that talk about decisions "evening themselves out" is bullcrap... I've not had a single confirmation of this theory even after all the time I've watched cricket....

I can think of occasions when entire series have gone the other way due to bad decisions.

I'm not taking the credit away from Australia, but Indian bowlers deserved better than this... Australia are a strong enough side as it is. And this was the best chance India had to win a match. 134/6 on session 2! What an opportunity gone begging...

To all you Aussie fans: Yes, I am a sore loser. Don't bother posting about that... It's so annoying to see umpiring take away so much from a superb bowling performance.

Sachin on now. I feel like turning this off simply because they keep showing the umpiring blunders and it still hasn't stopped infuriating me. For god's sake, Symonds even took a step towards the pavilion before he realized that Bucknor had lost the service of his eardrums.

Great comeback by the Aussies. However, in all honesty, the main contributing factor was the umpiring, and the umpiring only. It's been well below par and let's hope Benson, Bucknor and Oxenford continue their abysmal performance well into the Indian innings.

Yes! Hogg! Out! Finally! Yes! Please wrap them up today.

Last edited:
FINALLY !!! great innings from hogg though...cant take away anything
from him !!! :hpraise:clap

Great comeback by the Aussies. However, in all honesty, the main contributing factor was the umpiring, and the umpiring only. It's been well below par and let's hope Benson, Bucknor and Oxenford continue their abysmal performance well into the Indian innings.

Yes! Hogg! Out! Finally! Yes! Please wrap it up today.

Oh, please. If they make bad decisions in India's innings it will probably be against them as usual... I've watched too much cricket now to be optimistic about this...

Steve Bucknor == not good news for India

04title.jpg

Right said.

They could continue their abysmal performance albeit in a different manner (giving the Indian batters out when they are not!).

I prefer Simon Taufel even... he's at least a professional. I would trust him to do better, even though he is not a neutral umpire.

I think the whole concept of "neutral" umpires has to be re-thinked and the umpiring job should go purely based on merit. Not on neutrality.

When I will wake up tomorrow I wont be surprised to see India 150-7 with Ganguly and Tendulkar given lbw when they were stuck outside offstump line by Bucknor.

Symonds again given not out by Benson.

I think this match is fixed.

GuardianAngelFigurine.jpg

Shes definately protecting Symonds. I think Gods wanna see Symonds bat today.

Last edited:
Oh, please. If they make bad decisions in India's innings it will probably be against them as usual... I've watched too much cricket now to be optimistic about this...

Steve Bucknor == not good news for India

True that. He should have retired a few years ago. Do the ICC have any retiring age for umpires? If not, one should certainly be put in place. I may sound like a sore loser but the umpiring has been shocking this test match; to say the least.

That looked pretty out to me; even if he had taken a stride forward.

EDIT: It was hitting the edge of leg stump so I guess benefit of the doubt should go to the batsman.
Tendulkar looks scary :p.

Last edited:
If any anyone needs a laugh, read the Wikipedia page on Steve Bucknor. The "Controversies" is a good read. One of the sources for certain information is from a petition website demanding the resignation of Bucknor :)

frustration.jpg

This is me now.

Come on get some wickets. Symonds should walk off otherwise he will make 300.

Symonds was struck pretty much in line to one from Kumble. Would`ve been given on another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread