India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are India complaining about now? I haven't seen the news the last 24 hours. Probably coz they're losing and have nothing to gain out of the rest of the tour.

We have been in much worse situations on tour (against worse sides than Australia) and never has anything of such magnitude ever happened before.
You speak as if we played crap cricket in this test.
We took a first innings lead of 70 even with all the rough decisions which went against us while we were bowling in the 1st innings.
Iam sure we can beat Australia with some luck and the same level of intensity and performance that we showed in the 2nd test.

Aditya is basiclly saying it's all lies, so you said Tendulkar gave his side too which must have meant he said Bhajji was being racist as he has now been banned.

Catch my drift?

It isn't all lies buddy, the report was clear and there was a shot of sachin walking out of the hearing just after Harbhajan with camera's all going off around them.

I don't care if you are doubtful of it, I am too, I am just saying what I saw reported and shown on the news because I thought it might be an interesting point of discussion.

We should bring Andre Nel in our team for next match.

We should bring Andre Nel in our team for next match.

You aren't touching Nel. Plus, I know for a fact he would rather die than play for India. "SHOW SOME TICKER" Remember that? Hehe that was funny.

Nice try there sid :p he's ours!

I know I am probably going to get flamed straight away by many of the Indian fans, and I apologise if you find anything I say offensive, I am trying not to be! Yes I am Australian, but don't accuse me of being biased. I was entirely happy when Australia's batting collapsed in the first day because it was about time that Australia had a challenge rather than an overwhelming win.

For people criticising Australia's appealing, perhaps you should take a look at India's appealing. You do realise that India appealed for lbw's that were easily outside the line, and were called so by the commentators too. But no-one is bashing India in the media for such appeals...because they happen. What looks right to the bowler or umpire doesn't necessarily mean it IS right. But the umpire's decision is the umpire's decision. When I saw Michael Clark's "catch" I knew it was speculative. No camera was in a good enough angle to get the full story. Really it is down to the integrity of the fieldsman to make the call and the integrity of the umpire to make a decision. I am sure if it was Paul Collingwood taking the catch he would still be questioned, even though many hold him in regards as one of the best fielders ever. The point is that we, as viewers, have the ability to sit back and criticise anything and everything with hindsight. But if you were the umpire, you had been standing out in the middle all day just like the players, then you don't have the ability to sit back and form an opinion on the matter. You either give Out or Not Out, there is no real time for conscientious objection. I agree poor decisions were given by the umpires, and there were some speculative calls (speculative meaning none of us can make a fair assumption as to what happened [ie. Michael Clark's catch...no cameras had a good angle, both hands and ball were at the absolute bottom of frame and blurred, so not even third umpire could have been used]. In such cases, really only the umpire can be blamed for such a decision, if it was in fact the wrong decision. (I'm not saying it was, I'm not saying it wasn't)

As for the apparent 'lack of respect' for the Australian team, someone tell him he is dreaming. Even though we flattened England in the Ashes 5-0, (sorry Skateboarder, Manee, Stevie and Evertonfan :P but it is true) England respects Australia. The Ashes is quite possibly THE most highly regarded cricket series in the world, and it is played by the two most highly regarded teams in the world, Australia and England (see Skateboarder, Manee, Stevie and Evertonfan, I said you are one of the most highly regarded teams in the world ;P ) New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka all respect Australia. Questioning Australia's integrity as a team is unfair. Especially when worded in such obviously biased distaste.

As for Anil Kumble's comment of "Only one team was playing with the spirit of the game, that's all I can say". I purely disregard this comment. The spirit of the game would have been to just draw the game or let India win? I don't think so. The spirit of the game is to PLAY until the last ball, which is what we did, and we won. Imagine if we hadn't continued playing, India would have drawn the match and there would be none of this criticism. India is just as fiercely competitive as Australia when it comes to cricket. Losing a match is met by much criticism in the media. It is both vicious and malicious. I think Kumble's comment was out of line, and very contradictory because he is now putting himself out of 'the spirit of the game'. Bad decisions are made no matter who the teams or umpires are. Placing the blame on a whole team and calling them unsportsmanlike is against the spirit of the game.

YOU ARE TALKING LIKE AN AUSSIES..THEY WILL DO ANYTHING FOR VICTORY LIKE UNDER ARM BOWLING,ALUMINIUM BATS,SQUASH BALLS IN GLOVES,LIES...

UNLESS AND UNTILL AUSTRALIANS ARE HONESTY NO ONE RESPECTS THEM

You aren't touching Nel. Plus, I know for a fact he'd die than play for India. "SHOW SOME TICKER" Remember that? Hehe that was funny.

Nice try there sid :p he's ours!
What was even funnier was sreesanth pummeling him for six

Last edited:
nice point Jordox. To be fair, the 2005 Ashes was alot closer than this tour. But you do make a good point. Again I am setting myself up for a huge flaming, but I feel it is true:

The Indian media takes their cricket more seriously than the Australians do. In Australia, we lose a test or two, our media says we're in a form slump and will get better! In Indian media, a loss brings mass criticism. Especially with India's undefeated test season leading up to the Australia test.

I feel a loosely similar comparison would be the soccer team of Iraq (i think). They lost, and when they returned home, their country was so fanatical (it's leader more so) that many of the players were killed, tortured or harrassed. I feel that though not entirely similar (I am sure the Indian people do not attack their players physically for failure), there is a correlation between how the loss is taken in each country. Iraq's fanatical soccer-base saw it as a mass failure and a disgrace, and thus they took it out on the team. From some of the comments in 'The Cricket Show' special on India, aired during the lunch break of the first test (i believe), it was highlighted that the media is extremely critical of any failure by Indian cricketers.

Here is where I am more than likely going to be countered by numerous people, but I see it that such pressure by the media has increased the competitiveness of both the Indian Cricketers AND fans (I am in NO WAY saying that you are fanatical, so don't even act like I am attacking you) so much so that these incidents of poor decisions (yes, I think Symo should have been given out, and I don't think he should have gotten that lbw/catch [whatever it was] that hit the pad above and outside stump) cannot be overlooked. I think the game is being taken so seriously down to the level of these individual decisions because India's sense of pride in their amazing cricket team inspires an attitude of competitiveness and a serious upset with the thought of a loss. I think that India is within their right to complain about the bad decisions, because yes they did happen. But I also think that blaming the Australian team is neither correct, nor helping the situation. Australia played in the spirit of the game, which is to play through good weather or bad, through like or dislike, until the last ball. I guess I am trying to say that the aggressive and victory-driven media of India is perhaps what contributed to the willingness of the Indian team to complain. (Our Australian media is not nearly as critical, especially after we lost the 2005 Ashes, which is bigger to us than this tour! Thus after that loss, we didn't feel the pressure to complain about numerous poor decisions).

I am NOT saying that the team or the fans are fanatical, so please do not accuse me of such. And I am not biased as to think that every decision was correct. There were both BAD and QUESTIONABLE decisions (lbw's and edges), and one very SPECULATIVE decision (Michael Clark's "catch"). I am merely trying to state that the Australian team should not be blacklisted by so many people for the wrongdoings of umpires. India are within their right to complain about the bad decisions, but not to question the Australian team's dignity or respect for the game. I don't think the Indian team could hold any higher respect for the game, it is almost a second religion! Both teams respect the game, it is just a matter of trying to 'leave it on the pitch'. (And please don't start with the whole "You've shamed your country...this is war...we will never get along" thing, because it is complete nonsense. )

Im Australian and i have to say i feel guilty about the result rather than happy. It feels like a hollow victory. The match should have been a draw, simple as that. The shocking umpiring has hit a new low (i thought the howler against Sangakkara in the last match against Sri Lanka was bad), which i really think did in this case cause India to lose the match. Dravid was holding the fort beautifully then got a Bucknor special. Then Ganguly took over and he got a bad one - whatever happened to the law of 'batsman gets benefit of the doubt'??

I dont think Australia can really celebrate this victory because it wasn't all their own skill that did it. The umpires bad decisions decided the final result.

I really sympathise with the Indian team on this one. I also think it's un-Australian to dob someone in. I do believe in the 'what happens on the field stays on the field' motif as mentioned by Tony Grieg and Sunil Gavaskar. Ricky will only lose credibility for what he's done and will also open a pandora's box - now every nation that plays Australia will report any little incident that may be construed as 'offensive' - can only be bad for the game. Not that i condone any racist comments at all and Bhaji should be banned if he did say that but i think the evidence in this case was lacking and also according to Tendulkar's statement it was just some banter and nothing too serious.

WHAT IM COMPLAINING ABOUT

We lose a player on heresay and based on idiots like Clarke and Ponting (who should no integrity when under pressure clearly revealing his two faced nature). Why should we lose a player without evidence from a neutral party like the umpires and from video/audio evidence. Is that how it works. So if i were to say Hayden called Jaffer say a negro without anyone except Indian players backing up would you be happy if Hayden got banned for three games considering the umpires didn't hear and there is no video/audio evidence? Thats what we're complaining about. If you think thats acceptable then apply for a brain and you may come to senses.

YOU ARE TALKING LIKE AN AUSSIES..THEY WILL DO ANYTHING FOR VICTORY LIKE UNDER ARM BOWLING,ALUMINIUM BATS,SQUASH BALLS IN GLOVES,LIES...

UNLESS AND UNTILL AUSTRALIANS ARE HONESTY NO ONE RESPECTS THEM
Is they really how you think???

This is really sad, there a hand full of Indians being sensible about this but most are completely taking it to the extreme. I never thought id say this but ive lost all respect. Your media have obviously been brainwashing you with this whole "australia is cheathing garbage".

nice point Jordox. To be fair, the 2005 Ashes was alot closer than this tour. But you do make a good point. Again I am setting myself up for a huge flaming, but I feel it is true:

The Indian media takes their cricket more seriously than the Australians do. In Australia, we lose a test or two, our media says we're in a form slump and will get better! In Indian media, a loss brings mass criticism. Especially with India's undefeated test season leading up to the Australia test.

I feel a loosely similar comparison would be the soccer team of Iraq (i think). They lost, and when they returned home, their country was so fanatical (it's leader more so) that many of the players were killed, tortured or harrassed. I feel that though not entirely similar (I am sure the Indian people do not attack their players physically for failure), there is a correlation between how the loss is taken in each country. Iraq's fanatical soccer-base saw it as a mass failure and a disgrace, and thus they took it out on the team. From some of the comments in 'The Cricket Show' special on India, aired during the lunch break of the first test (i believe), it was highlighted that the media is extremely critical of any failure by Indian cricketers.

Here is where I am more than likely going to be countered by numerous people, but I see it that such pressure by the media has increased the competitiveness of both the Indian Cricketers AND fans (I am in NO WAY saying that you are fanatical, so don't even act like I am attacking you) so much so that these incidents of poor decisions (yes, I think Symo should have been given out, and I don't think he should have gotten that lbw/catch [whatever it was] that hit the pad above and outside stump) cannot be overlooked. I think the game is being taken so seriously down to the level of these individual decisions because India's sense of pride in their amazing cricket team inspires an attitude of competitiveness and a serious upset with the thought of a loss. I think that India is within their right to complain about the bad decisions, because yes they did happen. But I also think that blaming the Australian team is neither correct, nor helping the situation. Australia played in the spirit of the game, which is to play through good weather or bad, through like or dislike, until the last ball. I guess I am trying to say that the aggressive and victory-driven media of India is perhaps what contributed to the willingness of the Indian team to complain. (Our Australian media is not nearly as critical, especially after we lost the 2005 Ashes, which is bigger to us than this tour! Thus after that loss, we didn't feel the pressure to complain about numerous poor decisions).

I am NOT saying that the team or the fans are fanatical, so please do not accuse me of such. And I am not biased as to think that every decision was correct. There were both BAD and QUESTIONABLE decisions (lbw's and edges), and one very SPECULATIVE decision (Michael Clark's "catch"). I am merely trying to state that the Australian team should not be blacklisted by so many people for the wrongdoings of umpires. India are within their right to complain about the bad decisions, but not to question the Australian team's dignity or respect for the game. I don't think the Indian team could hold any higher respect for the game, it is almost a second religion! Both teams respect the game, it is just a matter of trying to 'leave it on the pitch'. (And please don't start with the whole "You've shamed your country...this is war...we will never get along" thing, because it is complete nonsense. )

Mate its very easy to blame media but in media most of times its Indian cricketers who are under scanner let alone the opposition. I appreciate your long post but dont just write the stuff without any proper research.

To enlighten you media always compare our team with Australia and how we can come up to there standard. The Selectors, BCCI management and players performance is what is being criticised. Only 5% of times will they talk about opposition.

I know I am probably going to get flamed straight away by many of the Indian fans, and I apologise if you find anything I say offensive, I am trying not to be! Yes I am Australian, but don't accuse me of being biased. I was entirely happy when Australia's batting collapsed in the first day because it was about time that Australia had a challenge rather than an overwhelming win.

For people criticising Australia's appealing, perhaps you should take a look at India's appealing. You do realise that India appealed for lbw's that were easily outside the line, and were called so by the commentators too. But no-one is bashing India in the media for such appeals...because they happen. What looks right to the bowler or umpire doesn't necessarily mean it IS right. But the umpire's decision is the umpire's decision. When I saw Michael Clark's "catch" I knew it was speculative. No camera was in a good enough angle to get the full story. Really it is down to the integrity of the fieldsman to make the call and the integrity of the umpire to make a decision. I am sure if it was Paul Collingwood taking the catch he would still be questioned, even though many hold him in regards as one of the best fielders ever. The point is that we, as viewers, have the ability to sit back and criticise anything and everything with hindsight. But if you were the umpire, you had been standing out in the middle all day just like the players, then you don't have the ability to sit back and form an opinion on the matter. You either give Out or Not Out, there is no real time for conscientious objection. I agree poor decisions were given by the umpires, and there were some speculative calls (speculative meaning none of us can make a fair assumption as to what happened [ie. Michael Clark's catch...no cameras had a good angle, both hands and ball were at the absolute bottom of frame and blurred, so not even third umpire could have been used]. In such cases, really only the umpire can be blamed for such a decision, if it was in fact the wrong decision. (I'm not saying it was, I'm not saying it wasn't)

As for the apparent 'lack of respect' for the Australian team, someone tell him he is dreaming. Even though we flattened England in the Ashes 5-0, (sorry Skateboarder, Manee, Stevie and Evertonfan :P but it is true) England respects Australia. The Ashes is quite possibly THE most highly regarded cricket series in the world, and it is played by the two most highly regarded teams in the world, Australia and England (see Skateboarder, Manee, Stevie and Evertonfan, I said you are one of the most highly regarded teams in the world ;P ) New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka all respect Australia. Questioning Australia's integrity as a team is unfair. Especially when worded in such obviously biased distaste.

As for Anil Kumble's comment of "Only one team was playing with the spirit of the game, that's all I can say". I purely disregard this comment. The spirit of the game would have been to just draw the game or let India win? I don't think so. The spirit of the game is to PLAY until the last ball, which is what we did, and we won. Imagine if we hadn't continued playing, India would have drawn the match and there would be none of this criticism. India is just as fiercely competitive as Australia when it comes to cricket. Losing a match is met by much criticism in the media. It is both vicious and malicious. I think Kumble's comment was out of line, and very contradictory because he is now putting himself out of 'the spirit of the game'. Bad decisions are made no matter who the teams or umpires are. Placing the blame on a whole team and calling them unsportsmanlike is against the spirit of the game.

Im Australian and i have to say i feel guilty about the result rather than happy. It feels like a hollow victory. The match should have been a draw, simple as that. The shocking umpiring has hit a new low (i thought the howler against Sangakkara in the last match against Sri Lanka was bad), which i really think did in this case cause India to lose the match. Dravid was holding the fort beautifully then got a Bucknor special. Then Ganguly took over and he got a bad one - whatever happened to the law of 'batsman gets benefit of the doubt'??

I dont think Australia can really celebrate this victory because it wasn't all their own skill that did it. The umpires bad decisions decided the final result.

I really sympathise with the Indian team on this one. I also think it's un-Australian to dob someone in. I do believe in the 'what happens on the field stays on the field' motif as mentioned by Tony Grieg and Sunil Gavaskar. Ricky will only lose credibility for what he's done and will also open a pandora's box - now every nation that plays Australia will report any little incident that may be construed as 'offensive' - can only be bad for the game. Not that i condone any racist comments at all and Bhaji should be banned if he did say that but i think the evidence in this case was lacking and also according to Tendulkar's statement it was just some banter and nothing too serious.

at least u r honesty..but there is no evidence that bajji abused symonds...and sachin told the same thing..

Ricky will only lose credibility for what he's done and will also open a pandora's box - now every nation that plays Australia will report any little incident that may be construed as 'offensive' - can only be bad for the game. Not that i condone any racist comments at all and Bhaji should be banned if he did say that but i think the evidence in this case was lacking and also according to Tendulkar's statement it was just some banter and nothing too serious.

This is the fear i share also.

You`ll have a lot of Indian fans giving you reps for your unbiased opinion.
Finally a post which makes sense for an Indian fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread