India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?, because of one player you think the overall result will be affected that much? :rolleyes:

Australia batting first, India already on the back foot.
Don't eyeball me. It's a calculated assumption, have you seen Warne & Murali's record against India and Australia respectively bowling in Australia? How exactly do you think Hogg will go? He won't be bowling to batsman like in a ODI where they are trying to score at over 6 runs an over. The loss is probably overeggerated but I can see Hogg just being picked off in this match and not doing anything. Might be some noticiable sledging when Hogg comes out to bat with Harbhajan though.

Nevertheless, I reckon we'll rack up a massive score and someone will get a double ton. It'll be interesting to see if India can keep up in this series with our quality as their fielding is extremely poor and they are looking very sluggish already.

Hayden is a god on Boxing Day Tests.

Our batting lineup is also mucked up? Lee batting infront of Hogg and Clark batting infront of Johnson on the scoresheet?

Zaheer you beauty, what a delivery to get rid of Ponting. It pitched in line and then straightened clipping his offstump and was really unplayable one but India will have to get the wicket of Hayden and stop the run flow.

Get out of there! What a ball from Zaheer.

Problem is our next two batsmen are Ponting and Hussey, making three wickets next to impossible.
:D Hehehe.

I tell you what, Ganguly is not even domestic standard in the field.
Depends on domestic where. It's quite clear that Australian domestic fielding standards are higher than, for example, Indian ones.

Last edited:
Good bowling from India but they cannot afford to rest. Zaheer bowled a peach to get rid of Ponting and Kumble dispatched Hussey with ease. It will be interesting to watch now, as Clarke is a great player of spin and Hayden is looking in fantastic touch. If we can dislodge one of these two before Tea, we will be in a great position--but still without justifying our team selection.

Hayden just past the most Test Centuries to be made by anyone in Australia. More then Ponting, Steve Waugh, Greg Chappell, Allan Border & Don Bradman and anyone.

28 test centuries.

Good bowling can do it. If they get three wickets in this session, we've gone from looking at 500+ to looking at possibly a 300-400 score. Problem is our next two batsmen are Ponting and Hussey, making three wickets next to impossible.

You like to jinx them don't you?

Punter was bound to fail.

113th test match, 187th innings and Hayden was on 87.

Good bowling can do it. If they get three wickets in this session, we've gone from looking at 500+ to looking at possibly a 300-400 score. Problem is our next two batsmen are Ponting and Hussey, making three wickets next to impossible.

Now that we`ve got those 2 wickets and that too of the batsmen you mentioned, if we can get another couple of wickets in this session , we could still restrict them to around 350 which would not be a bad effort at all.
These conditions are not bad for batting at all.

The delivery that got Punter was a beauty, almost similar to the one that Wasim bowled Alan Lamb in the 92 WC Final at the MCG.
We need to get Haydos very early on in this session as he and Clarke can both negate the Kumble factor. Kumble could be a handful against Symmo.
I cannot comprehend our strategy of playing Harbhajan here.

UPDATE :
There goes Pup and he earns me 25 vital points for my Superselector team (An ESPNSTAR Fantasy Game)
What has been heartening to see is that the bowlers have not seemed to have given up. Maybe it is because they`ve got wickets quite regularly since lunch.

Dhoni misses an oppurtunity down the legside to dismiss Roy.

UPDATE 2:
Whenever I`ve posted an update here, Australia seem to have lost a few wickets.
Thought that I might just as well post another one. With Hayden gone now, here is our chance to peg things back on level terms on Day 1 !
We must take this chance to get Roy or/and Gilly today and get into the Aussie tail .
Kumble could be a handful against the tailenders.

BTW, why is noone else posting ? Is everyone else so engrossed in the game that they`re totally
offline ?

Last edited:
Last Boxing Day Test, Haydos and Roy combined for a 279 run partnership. :D[/QUOTE]

not happeneing!!!hayden is out.

You like to jinx them don't you?

Punter was bound to fail.

113th test match, 187th innings and Hayden was on 87.

We could do with him jinxing some more of your batsmen out !:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread