India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilly isn`t looking in the best of touches agains the late reverse-swing that these 2 left-armers are getting. Maybe the right time to get him. He could take it away from us if we let him off.

And this could be the right time to bring Kumble in because Symonds is looking like he can take this away from us with some counter-attacking stuff.

This has been a rivetting day so far. Hopefully, we can end this on a high.

Harbhajan on to bowl now. I fully expect him to let off all the pressure that the seamers have created.
He has to show that he can take wickets as well in addition to having an arrogant loud-mouth.

Well Done KKD ! You`ve got us the prized wicket of Roy !
C`mon now !

Last edited:
harbhajan has been ineffective till now,anyway india are doing well and lets hope they keep at it.

I have to say I have been pretty impressed with the performance of the Indian bowlers. I think apart from Symonds who gave away his wicket by playing a stupid shot, we have earned most of our wickets by good deliveries and building up pressure.

We need to restrict them under 350 as we have let them go from this stage before.

GONE GONE GONE GONE!!!! Gilchrist gone!!

I don't think Symonds' dismissal was over a stupid shot. Just really poor placement.

But that was a prime example of why Adam Gilchrist is nowhere near one of the finest batsman in Test Cricket in this current era.

I don't think Symonds' dismissal was over a stupid shot. Just really poor placement.

But that was a prime example of why Adam Gilchrist is nowhere near one of the finest batsman in Test Cricket in this current era.
Hmm. It wasn't the smartest shot. When your team is down 5 wickets for just about 280 on a great batting pitch, only someone who didn't really care about the state of the game would go on the attack. You can say they are playing their natural game and whatnot but that is exactly the mistake the Aussies made when they visited India in 2001 and played against India in Australia last time around. If Symonds had played himself in he would have had a field day against Harbhajan.

This isn't good at all. My prediction is for us to eke out a score of around 350-375 with Hogg getting a few runs, and India to get a first innings score much higher than ours. Then Ponting will put his head down in the second innings and along with someone make a massive total that puts the game out of India's reach, and as we don't have the bowlers to win a match any more as they've both retired, the match will end in a draw.

Bring on the Sydney test. I'm rarely wrong.

This isn't good at all. My prediction is for us to eke out a score of around 350-375 with Hogg getting a few runs, and India to get a first innings score much higher than ours. Then Ponting will put his head down in the second innings and along with someone make a massive total that puts the game out of India's reach, and as we don't have the bowlers to win a match any more as they've both retired, the match will end in a draw.

Bring on the Sydney test. I'm rarely wrong.
LOL Tassie. If Aussies get to 375 the Indians will be extremely disappointed. Hogg at the moment seems clueless against Bhajji, which is something a batsman really has to concentrate hard to do.

LOL Tassie. If Aussies get to 375 the Indians will be extremely disappointed. Hogg at the moment seems clueless against Bhajji, which is something a batsman really has to concentrate hard to do.
He'll arse something out, he's a bit like that. Won't be near 375 now Lee is out, I'll adjust that down to 325-350. These last two wickets hopefully won't go too cheaply though, Johnson can bat a little as well.

I wonder if India actually want to have a bat today. :p They'd probably rather face Lee and company tomorrow morning after resting up.

Bye bye, Hoggy. One wicket away from wrapping up a perfect start to the Australia series for India.

Last edited:
Good bowling can do it. If they get three wickets in this session, we've gone from looking at 500+ to looking at possibly a 300-400 score.

I'll adjust it to 325-350

Why do they bother playing cricket when I know what is going to happen?

Unless India bat really badly, I'm still saying a draw. If they bat well, Australia won't win, but Australia's batsmen are too good to crumble like this twice.

I suppose it is, but if they were 5/150 and then a partnership brought them up to 280, you'd say it was a pretty good recovery.

Looking at the price the fast bowlers paid for wickets, I'd say the inclusion of Harbhajan has been useful, even though he has no wickets. I think it takes pressure off Kumble and he can simply bowl when he wants, leaving Harbhajan to fill the gaps.

Just got home, I've been right so far, still tipping India to be bowled out for 250-300 tomorrow. Australia so often lift their game after a poor Boxing Day, they did it against Pakistan, against South Africa, and against England they did it on the second day.

Great start by India though, if Hayden had only stuck around, his shot was poor to get out, we might have had a good chance at 400+. Our tail is very decent, and that six from Johnson was right where I was sitting too! Clark really frustrated the Indians.

Of the bowlers, Zaheer was inconsistent and many of his balls were ordinary, but he did well on ocassion to force some wickets, Kumble was pretty good for most of it, and Harbhajan was pretty terrible for most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread