India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a session that belonged to the Aussies (by just!). Either Sehwag should not have been out, or Dravid and Jaffer should have at least kept it going a bit to reach some 100/2 or so. I was shocked when Sachin tried that cut in the last over. Had he got out, that would have been a big damage for the Indians

On this wicket, I feel you can get out anytime with the pace and bounce playing in the minds of the players. So they got to bat positively and try to score as many runs as possible before they get all out. A defensive approach is not going to do any good for the team. Seeing Dravid, he can block one end. The guy at the other end has to take initiative and unleash himself. I felt Laxman should have come at the fall of Sehwag.

:D

Tait-Shmaite!
KKD would have hit him for 6 6s already :D

That deserves more smilies of ":D"

You seem to be a hardcore Karthik fan! Why not start a fan club for Karthik in our hometown of Chennai? Its a fashion for our town to start fan clubs for actors/actresses/sportsperson? You can have cutouts of Karthik and pour milk and beer over it.

Last edited:
good game of cricket. pretty evenly poised. i expect tendulkar to get at least 40 odd. still cant believe pup dropped that though.

Last edited:
What a shot played by Sachin? That was a poster's delight. At the very last moment, he hit that behind and that left everyone shocked. Superb!

Some boundaries coming off the last few overs. Pretty Ok, but these two are very crucial and got to keep going. Dravid already has a life (lucky!) and he has to make it big for sure. These are wickets with consistent bounce where he can thrive.

Phew, back from my meeting. The Sehwag effect was pretty short this morning. I didn't expect Jaffer to do to well with Dravid at the end. If you noticed him while Sehwag was batting, he seemed far more confident seeing that the runs were coming at a fair clip at the other end. I presume it was the opposite when Dravid came in.

Sachin looks in good touch again--hope he has some luck go his way. Dravid has probably been one of the luckier batsmen on this tour--caught off no-balls, caught off one drops and now dropped.

Yeah, it doesn't look like hes gonna bowl fast.

152km for Lee. The two fast bowlers are bowling fast!

Bowling fast and a lot of garbage in between. Bret "the no ball" Lee is bowling OK but Australias best bowler today has been Clark who pitched the ball up rather than banging short like what is done by Shaun "the banger" Tait.

Phew, back from my meeting. The Sehwag effect was pretty short this morning. I didn't expect Jaffer to do to well with Dravid at the end. If you noticed him while Sehwag was batting, he seemed far more confident seeing that the runs were coming at a fair clip at the other end. I presume it was the opposite when Dravid came in.

Sachin looks in good touch again--hope he has some luck go his way. Dravid has probably been one of the luckier batsmen on this tour--caught off no-balls, caught off one drops and now dropped.

Totally right about Jaffer. He was normal till the time Sehwag was at crease but as soon as Dravid came in he became another Dravid and his demise was in making. Dravid has had all the luck of Indians on this tour and I think if Tendulkar has half the luck Dravid has then we can expect 100 from him everytimee he bats.

Last edited:
Watching a game where Australia plays against your favorite team means you are always expecting a wicket from anywhere! Thats painful because you cant really enjoy your favorite stars batting well. Guess it will be the same always as they are a champion team. Before every ball, I have been saying 'Come on Dravid, Come on Sachin, NOT OUT!!!"

You shouldn't think that. India are on top. Even though they are 2 down they haven't lost any wickets so far this session.
We're not adding runs, though. Dravid is intent on dead-batting everything. I'm beginning to question his mental composition on this tour. This Dravid looks so frail and different.

We're not adding runs, though. Dravid is intent on dead-batting everything. I'm beginning to question his mental composition on this tour. This Dravid looks so frail and different.

He has improved with each outing though. Just as with Tendulkar, I guess we are now seeing Dravid go through that period where he cant get too much back to where he was once upon a time (when he was at the peak of this world!). His mind seems to have been reduced in its sharpness, and he seems much less patient these days.

Today, he seems in a better flow. Last 25 mins saw him getting runs at good clip (as I say that, Sachin cuts Symo for a four!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread