India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not adding runs, though. Dravid is intent on dead-batting everything. I'm beginning to question his mental composition on this tour. This Dravid looks so frail and different.

At least Tendulkar is going great. There is nothing wrong with Indian strike rate its Australian over rate that is pathetic. Match Referee noticing something or not?

He has improved with each outing though. Just as with Tendulkar, I guess we are now seeing Dravid go through that period where he cant get too much back to where he was once upon a time (when he was at the peak of this world!). His mind seems to have been reduced in its sharpness, and he seems much less patient these days.

Today, he seems in a better flow. Last 25 mins saw him getting runs at good clip (as I say that, Sachin cuts Symo for a four!)
Nah--Tendulkar looks in pretty good touch. Obviously not as good as his peak but definitely closer to it than many people give him credit for. Last 25 minutes have actually seen him score about 1 run.

At least Tendulkar is going great. There is nothing wrong with Indian strike rate its Australian over rate that is pathetic. Match Referee noticing something or not?
Ponting's probably going to be fined if he doesn't get it up with the spinners. They couldn't have expected much better with 4 pace bowlers, although it certainly helps them that there are so many dot balls.

Last edited:
Cricket question, why does someone like Symmo or Dhoni who have a little bit more muscle mass unable to bowl it extremely fast...or don't? Why are pace bowlers skinnier and lankier? Is the greater muslce mass counterproductive?

Cricket question, why does someone like Symmo or Dhoni who have a little bit more muscle mass unable to bowl it extremely fast...or don't? Why are pace bowlers skinnier and lankier? Is the greater muslce mass counterproductive?
It may be a more Physics related question. I think manee has shown good knowledge on this subject previously.

I dont see any of the Indian batsmen heads being chopped off here. Where is the speed king. Hes bowling at 140 ks.

Nothing to do with muscles. To generate pace you need some muscle in you. Didnt you see Akhtar bowling seering pace even though he was half fit for India-Pakistan series.

I think Symonds actually slows down just as he about to let go of the ball. If you watch his run up you'll see he builds up good pace but as he let's go of the ball, his at his slowest stride when he should actually be at his fastest.

100 partnership up for Tendulkar and Dravid. I read somewhere that Dravid has been involved in most 100 runs or above partnerships.

Nothing to do with muscles. To generate pace you need some muscle in you. Didnt you see Akhtar bowling seering pace even though he was half fit for India-Pakistan series.

I think Symonds actually slows down just as he about to let go of the ball. If you watch his run up you'll see he builds up good pace but as he let's go of the ball, his at his slowest stride when he should actually be at his fastest.

So is it purely the action? If you have a good action and your run up is good should anyone be able to bowl fast? What makes someone fast if it isn't the muscle?

So is it purely the action? If you have a good action and your run up is good should anyone be able to bowl fast? What makes someone fast if it isn't the muscle?
No, I think he just slows down before his about to let go of the ball which disables him from bowling faster.

50 for Dravid brought up with a delightful shot. If you thaught Dravid was station wagon well he has been going at same rate as Ford Mustang Sachin Tendulkar.

Oh my gosh! Micheal Clarke bowling on a Perth wicket??? Whats happening here???

great batting from both so far... come on guys! keep it on! plz plz plz!!!!

I was skinny when I sarted my cricket and could bowl sharply. When i joined Gym and bulit up some muscle I found that I needed to do more running to get the rhytm right.
Therefore it is more the understanding of your body that makes a good fast bowler. You need to have good rhythm to bowl fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread