India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! oh! oh! A superb over to finish the day from Binga. Play and a miss on the last ball.

Aussies on top.

We ended up getting most of the overs done in the end.

Good days play for us. Getting Dravid and Laxman at the end really helped us.

India have to fight hard if they got to get to 400 from here.. Dhoni has to play one of most satisfying innings and Pathan has to give him good support and live up to his batting reputation. Kumble needs to recall that innings at the Oval where he got his first hundred.

Two atrocious shots really spoiled the day badly for us, and has put Australia on the top of this game. Other than that, India played pretty well and for some, above expectations.

Superb day of test match cricket comes to end. The day where we saw some good batting by Tendulkar and Dravid and also at same time aggressive and consistent bowling from Lee and Jhonson. The umpires also came into play with both sides getting one decision going there way and some brilliant decisions were also made. in the end Australia would be happy going into bed with 297-6 and new ball in hand the Australians will try to finish things below 340 run marcks and India on the other hand would be disappointed going with 6 wickets down when Dravid and Laxman had chance to go through the day unscapped. Now next target for India should be get any score above 350 and then try and restrict Australia on what will be best batting condiitons of the WACA.

Day 1
I: 2/74 (24.0)
II: 0/103 (27.0)
III: 4/119 (33.0)

Interesting stuff, India clearly winning the middle session, but losing ground after the break. Nevertheless, the run rate suffered little and it leaves India not all that unfavourably placed to pursue 400.

Dravid is becoming Symonds' bunny. :)

But really Laxman's wicket was an absolute shocker. He just threw it away with just a few moments of play left. And hooking a shot that he should have probably square cut or left alone :(

Dravid is becoming Symonds' bunny. :)

But really Laxman's wicket was an absolute shocker. He just threw it away with just a few moments of play left. And hooking a shot that he should have probably square cut or left alone :(

Welcome Hari. Missing you in the discussion here.

Thanks Sid...

No... just didn't feel like providing running commentary during the days play.

It's neither a good day nor a bad day for India, but could have been a very good day had India not lost Dravid and Laxman towards the end there.

India just lost crucial wickets as they were going on a partnership. One of the top 5 should have got on to a century.

Although Wall is my fav cricketer from India I would have loved 10dulkar to get century. He looked flawless today. This match is going the MCG test match way.

Thanks Sid...

No... just didn't feel like providing running commentary during the days play.

It's neither a good day nor a bad day for India, but could have been a very good day had India not lost Dravid and Laxman towards the end there.

India just lost crucial wickets as they were going on a partnership. One of the top 5 should have got on to a century.

I agree. Laxman played a silly shot towards the end of the day and Dravid just needed to bat out the rest of the day too and India would have been in a good position for when they bowl.

Still not discounting Dhoni and Pathan. Pathan looked good in the couple of drives he hit off Lee in the last over. Of course, he looked uncomfortable against the short ball, but he's still new at the crease.

India will need these two to get around 70-odd tomorrow and then see how close to 400 we can get.

I would take anything in excess of 350, from here.
Just hope Dhoni finds some form and Pathan bat like an allrounder.
and if kumble can get anything in excess of 30, I'll be happy

350 is good enough for us.
Though Dravid did mention that the team was aiming for 400.That could have been a reality had Laxman stayed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread