India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dravid is becoming Symonds' bunny. :)

But really Laxman's wicket was an absolute shocker. He just threw it away with just a few moments of play left. And hooking a shot that he should have probably square cut or left alone :(
That can be a pretty typical WACA trap.

This is Tait's chance to get some cheap wickets by cleaning up the tail. Had a feeling he might bowl like this, sadly for him he'll probably be in and out of the test side meaning he'll have less chance to improve.

well a good day of cricket.

all the the first days of the test have had runs and wickets.

it was looking like a great day for india and then it just got messed up near the end.

india need around 400 or atleast close.

dhoni (wicket keeper batsman) if can get around 50
pathan (boling allrounder) get around 25
kumble, r p singh and sharma (bowlers) get around 37-38 between them

then what ever extras they get could get around the 400 mark. hoping though.

What was Dravid doing! A shame, still India have a chance of 400, which is a minimum target. Dravid looked really good too, however, I think India will be all out for 350.

India should look for 350, at minimum. Although 297/6 seems like a bad position, per se, Pathan is a very capable number eight and Kumble has a Test century to his name.

They'll have to make 400 to put the Aussie batsmen under pressure. The tail has to fire or the Aussies will feel they have a element of control since less pressure will be on the openers.

I don't see how 350 is tough considering how dogged Kumble has been in recent times at the crease, and Pathan/Dhoni combo thats out there right now.
Dhoni has had some bad form, though. Lets hope he can scrape a moderatley paced 40 and we can edge closer to that elusive 400.
I think we'll get it.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Dravid's shot when he got out, t'was a gobsmacking moment.

Brett Lee's impressed me. And Clark. I hadn't seen much of Clark before this tour but whatever I have seen I have been impressed by. Johnson has been pretty poor but he's picked up wickets fairly regularly.

India gave up the cause towards the end there. Losing 2 wickets at a time is not going to win you games. A couple of poor shots as well. I hope Dhoni makes at least 30-40. Pathan can't hang around for too long if he isn't playing his shots, so it may be an exciting first session.

I'd say Australia are in control, though. Although they will be going in with an untested opening partnership--which may cause a bit of trouble. However, this Perth wicket hasn't really lived up to any of the pre-match hype.

Anyone here sick of poor umpiring- dravid should've been out on 61 and Tendulkar's incorrect decision. Lol the only highlight for me was Dravid's knock. Considering the form he has been in and the kinda of embarrassment he got from his slow batting made his knock truly inspirational. Clarke must be kicking himself (or ponting is).

Have to say India's catching is miles ahead of Australia's catching. Though Australia are miles ahead of India in ground fielding. Australia have dropped 8 chances (maybe more) now to India's 2.

350 is good enough for us.
Though Dravid did mention that the team was aiming for 400.That could have been a reality had Laxman stayed on.

350 and above would give us something to bowl at. 400 and above will be needed if we want to feel that we have done our job. Knowing Australia, I feel 400 is very essential.

Big chance for Pathan cause he can cement a spot if bats well and bowls ok. For some reason i trust Pathan's batting more than his bowling. I was a bit dissapointed by tait. So much talk of raw, gritty pace that the Indians would be hobbling around. Talk that he might hit 170... maybe in the next innings where the day could be cooler.

pathan has to bat well if he has to make the test team regularly and hopefully dhoni can come up with something and chnage what has been a very ordinary series for him.

That was stupid. He just stood there and took it on he shoulder.

Wtf was the umpire doing at point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread