India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
u r right my friend . Jaffer doesn't possess the fiery characteristics of Sehwag and his lazy elegance is only good enough for average opposition. Though I must say that Democle's sword is dangling over Dhoni's head also.
I think Dhoni's keeping is keeping him in. He took a number of good catches today that could have been tough, especially for someone not used to the bounciness of the Perth wicket.

Good day for India. Tait perhaps showing why he was not picked in the first two games? It's night-time for me.

Though I must say that Democle's sword is dangling over Dhoni's head also.

Nope... Dhoni's last two innings have been decent, and one was cut short by a dubious decision.

Bad over that by Tait... Good finish there for India! India win Day 2, one can say! But they need to win Day 3 to be in a better position. Its India vs Australia and hope they are reminded of that often

Nope... Dhoni's last two innings have been decent, and one was cut short by a dubious decision.

Bad over that by Tait... Good finish there for India! India win Day 2, one can say! But they need to win Day 3 to be in a better position. Its India vs Australia and hope they are reminded of that often

Well to an extent decent but i think sohum is right his wicketkeeping has been extremely good all series and that's won it for him in the end. But Karthik is a talented kid and is knocking on the doors so I m sure Dhoni is going to come good soon (touch wood) ;)

Gee that was disapointing bowling from Australia.
Clark was the only one on target, Lee wasn't to bad.
Johnson & Tait was disgraceful

See the first ball from Tait? The action looked a tad weird.

Yeh, he does that sometimes, I don't know why.

Jaffer's head may well be on the line. That's 6 consecutive failures from him. Though now his run-making pattern suggests a double-ton sometime soon. :p

Jaffer is treading on thin ice, Chopra and Gambhir are literally fighting for the Test openers spot. It is a really hard one though, Chopra scored more runs this season, but Gambhir hit less at a better average. Chopra has done it for India A, scoring a double century, whereas Gambhir has not really fired outside of Delhi in unlimited overs cricket for a little while.

Prefer him to Johnson still.

Agreed, for some reason, I have no time for Johnson, he just seems very average to me.

I think that Australia must work with Tait is they are to ensure that he can become a successful Test bowler. The no ball problem and poor accuracy is truly abysmal for an Australian bowler and he won't be in the team for much longer, bowling like he did today and in the first innings.

Wow Australia have a lot of rebuilding to do. They need to replace and find replacements for so many players.

Firstly Johnson. Didn't Lillee say he was a once in a generation bowler? Certainly the worst bowler to play for Australia in the past decade, worse than even Brad Williams.

Secondly Tait. He looks short on form and is a bit too raw. Probably needs more time away from the international scene to really get his accuracy right and be more consistent.

Thirdly Rogers. It might sound a bit too harsh considering it's his debut and the LBW, but he's just preventing David from entering the team.

So depending on whether Hayden comes back from injury or not, this will hopefully be the test team for the 4th test and the one to tour the West Indies.

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke/Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist
Hogg/Noffke/Bichel
Lee
Clark
Hilfenhaus

That would be the most awesome team ever. The beginning of hopefully a Hussey-like career for David and we could get rid of useless players like Johnson.

Fantastic day for India.

I remember mentioning on this forum that I expected India to do well at Perth and I remember a few members scoffing me at that time...

Well, great bowling effort. Really fantastic on a hot day with controlled seam and swing bowling.

IMO Ishant Sharma bowled the ball of the day to Ricky Ponting. It was a mode of dismissal that a lot of Indian bowlers never get - hitting the deck hard and actually beating Ponting on the pace and bounce rather than just seam movement.

I think that the myth that Indians cannot play on bouncy tracks is now history. True, we struggled in the past, but actually if you notice it of late, Indian batsmen have trouble on the slower wickets where they cannot time the shots well.

For me overall the days play was all India. They dominated with the bowl and bat. sehwag was fantastic. we need to get 2+ wickets in the opening session tomorrow to set ourselves for the day.

Yes you are right. The selectors will stick with Rogers as they have already committed him to next opener. Because of this David Hussey will either not play international test cricket ever or will have to wait another 2-3 years at least due to the settled middle order. And even then age will take its toll and he might only gain a couple of productive years.

In other bad news, Johnson will most likely be given another opportunity considering his 4fer in the first innings. This will lead to him gaining a few wickets in the 4th test by way of fluke leading the selectors to persist with him in the long term thus hurting both Australian performances in general and other more worthy candidates to both opening in the bowling (Clark - as Johnson has some sort of mental stranglehold on Ponting) and for a spot in the team (Hilfenhaus etc).

In the fourth pace bowler's position, we luckily have either Hogg or MacGill (when/if he returns) to cover for maybe a couple of years before hopefully either a decent spin bowler or another decent pace bowler surfaces.

Yes, still a lot of play left. India need to stretch a lead of over 400 to even begin feeling safe in this match.

The Perth Test match is something I'm enjoying not just for India's performance but also as I can get up late and still catch all the action.

We need to get a lead of 600 and shut Australia out of the match.
We have a fantastic opportunity. We must be aggressive, get the runs knocked off and someone needs a BIG ton.
With the ball, knock em over for 100, and win by 500 runs. ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread