India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
India would have dearly loved Ponting back in the hut, but at least Pathan looks in good form and Kumble has got a bit of turn.

Ishant Sharma is the big worry. He could be the weak link and already he's showing signs of his inexperience. Let's hope he hits his line and length tomorrow.

India should win this. Still looking possible but difficult for Australia, but their batting line-up is daunting.

the game will be finished by tomorrow. i think. the way the australians are batting the run rate is high. india hopefully will skittle them out.

Only good thing you can say about that last session is you would be glad to have Ponting and Hussey there. Hussey is always so good in these situations especially batting down the order and Ponting really needs to find some form if he is to pull off a big innings.

Woah, Irfan Pathan!
46 runs and four wickets in the match. Opening the bowling, coming in at three...Fantastic!

I have long wished Australia to be in a position like this, with their backs to their wall, with the less experienced players (Rogers and Jaques) discarded so we can focus on the batting of the middle order. But watching it live doesn't instill me with confidence. If we break it down statistically, this is what we get:

With the two openers gone, we only have 5 recognised batsmen either in the sheds or batting at the moment. If we count Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, and Stuart Clark combined as 1 batsmen in terms of ability and possible results produced (as in it is likely the combined runs that these three score will probably equal what a recognised batsman would score) then we have 6 recognised batsmen still alive.

In this situation each would have to score about 60 runs for us to reach the target.

We need someone to make a big 150+ score, and I'd suspect the only batsmen who are likely do it are already in.

India would have dearly loved Ponting back in the hut, but at least Pathan looks in good form and Kumble has got a bit of turn.

Ishant Sharma is the big worry. He could be the weak link and already he's showing signs of his inexperience. Let's hope he hits his line and length tomorrow.

India should win this. Still looking possible but difficult for Australia, but their batting line-up is daunting.

he is going to be the main bowler as he can get the ball to swing in and straighten after that,i bet he is the one who will get most wickets

Pup and Punter are dew for a good innings. So is Gilchrist. The only 2 aussie recognised batsmen this summer that haven't got a ton are gilly and punter.

Do some people still think Australia have a shot in this match?
Well, you've got a really long line up batting all the way down and have the unusual ability to make one of your "recognized" batsman bat through the innings and hit a hundred.

You've got Punter and Huss, your two best, at the crease.

We have a mediocre bowling attack.

Well, you've got a really long line up batting all the way down and have the unusual ability to make one of your "recognized" batsman bat through the innings and hit a hundred.

You've got Punter and Huss, your two best, at the crease.

We have a mediocre bowling attack.

But most of our batsmen are out of form. It's going to take a MIRACLE for us to win this. I wouldn't be worried at all if I was a Indian fan.

It is a track where you expect wickets to fall. Plus Kumble's got real turn and bounce there, so naturally it would worry the batsmen at this stage.

But still, it's such a huge win if India achieve it, so I'm nervous still... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread