India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I thought Pathan would find his form against us.

Interesting 3rd day install, if these two get a partnership going the game is in our favour, we are going to need our usual guys that score runs to hit form to be any chance.

Dilemma for the selectors when Sreesanth gets fit and Zaheer comes back. Zaheer must play, and so must RP. Will they keep Pathan in and go in with 3 left armers ?!

I'd go with Pathan, Zaheer, and Sree.
RP hasn't done well on tracks/conditions without help.

Ideally, drop Harbajan and play all of them, or drop Dhoni and play all of them.

Play all of them ? I don't think India would ever go with 5 bowlers, despite the fact that Kumble and Pathan can bat.

Just as I thought Pathan would find his form against us.

Interesting 3rd day install, if these two get a partnership going the game is in our favour, we are going to need our usual guys that score runs to hit form to be any chance.

Its so easy.Isnt it?:p

Aussies are lucky that Sree and Zaheer arnt playing in this test.

It is a track where you expect wickets to fall. Plus Kumble's got real turn and bounce there, so naturally it would worry the batsmen at this stage.

But still, it's such a huge win if India achieve it, so I'm nervous still... ;)

We need this win badly to shut some mouths.:D

Last edited:
And drop Zaheer ?!!!! He's the best pacer India has had for a few years !

Well I dunno how well Zaheer would do on the next pitch. I'm willing to take more a chance with Sree because he's right armed so that would add variation to our attack and I'm slightly biased in his favour.

Maybe Pathan, Zaheer, and Sree.

I really hope India don't fluff this one up. The good thing for the Australians is since the wickets and runs have come so quickly, this pitch hasn't really deteriorated that much. So it's still pretty good for batting. If we want to win, we need to get Punter out early tomorrow and get lucky with Symmo. I think we have the other batsmen covered pretty well.

It was the bowlers who put us on top in the first innings--let's see if they can go ahead and finish it off.

India should win reasonably easily in the end, theyll probably have a scare along the way but I really can't see them blowing this with Kumble in the attack, he's the one bowler who will get wickets when they need them.

With the Australians I know he has a stupidly high average but when the pressures really on I still think husseys got something to prove and Symonds is the only one who's been in good form recently and he's had some luck. As for the Australian openers I don't rate Jaques despite his 50's, he always looks like he's going to get out early on, playing and missing a lot, I guess this fact is emphasised by the fact he's got Hayden at the other end batting like a god. Anyway it should be 2-1 but I think if Australia win the toss in the last game then the series is over for India, they look much better batting first.

Wow. Pathan is brilliant. Why did you keep him out, you silly selectors?

Because he got into a rut after the World T20 and was not concentrating enough on his new action :)

And drop Zaheer ?!!!! He's the best pacer India has had for a few years !

Zaheer is overrated, he has not done too well recently, accept against minnows and in England.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he's overrated. He looks threatening when bowling and more often than not keeps it tight. He can swing the ball both ways, which few people in world cricket can do nowadays. He's definitely the top quickie for India, though RP has also been performing very consistently recently.

Do you know how awesome it would be to potentially draw a series in Australia against Australia? If that happens it'd be incredibly awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread