India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say he's overrated. He looks threatening when bowling and more often than not keeps it tight. He can swing the ball both ways, which few people in world cricket can do nowadays. He's definitely the top quickie for India, though RP has also been performing very consistently recently.

He can only really swing it in England or New Zealand. I have not seen him swing it much other than in those two places. He keeps it tight, on his day, but with an economy rate of 3.29, this is obviously not often the case.

it is such a tight one. no point thinking of drawing the series. india still need to get the job done. i really hope they dont mess this up. you knever know with india. if any team can do it you would think australia can.

Obviously wickets in the first session will be very imporrtant for us (India), I think if India don't take any wickets in the first session, then I think its match over, it's almost impossible to get Ponting and Hussey out when they're set.....

how many overs were bowled by india. if that ball keeps on swingin for india, then they should get the job done

Obviously wickets in the first session will be very imporrtant for us (India), I think if India don't take any wickets in the first session, then I think its match over, it's almost impossible to get Ponting and Hussey out when they're set.....
What nonsense. Even if India don't get any wickets in the first session, it's not game over. What - they'd still be 260 odd runs behind which is more than what they managed in the first innings. Don't be so pessimistic.

india need to be awar australia want this soooo bad. so india need to make sure they get geared that extra bit that will make them want it more then the aussies.

what was pathans speed in mph

i read something that brett lee did that was funny. any idae where we can see it.

Last edited:
What nonsense. Even if India don't get any wickets in the first session, it's not game over. What - they'd still be 260 odd runs behind which is more than what they managed in the first innings. Don't be so pessimistic.

Ok sorry :p.

I'm just so nervous some other Indian Members on this forum.

The great thing is that all our bowlers can play a part in this, normally it is just one bowler who we expect to do all the damage in situation like these, and its normally Kumble. But now all our bowlers are in top notch, with Pathan, Sharma and RP all in with the wickets and Kumble is expected to do something on this pitch that favours him.

Is that positive enough for you Adarsh? ;):p

Hey did anyone manage to catch that little tribute they played on yesterdays The Cricket Show? It was a little tribute thingo to Australia's 16 on the trot showing highlights from every test and they played Linkin Park's 'Shadow of the Day' in the background.

Does anyone have that little clip? I wanna watch it again lol

On a side note, I think Pathan is very very goood. Before this series I thought Pathan had degraded into military medium wicket to wicket with no swing no seam, but he's vastly improved. Credit to him improving in an almost Lee-esque fashion.

On a side note, I think Pathan is very very goood. Before this series I thought Pathan had degraded into military medium wicket to wicket with no swing no seam, but he's vastly improved. Credit to him improving in an almost Lee-esque fashion.

I wrote this piece a little while ago. This process helped him go from a bowler struggling to bowl at 115kph, in early 2007, back to hitting the straps at 130kph.

Tweaks by Wasim Akram on the fourth and fifth day of the Sydney test have seemingly given him the carry (the pitch might have helped too) and swing which he lacked, post breakdown. I do not know what Wasim told him, but he seems to be gathering himself better at the crease and also has more reverse revolutions on the ball.

Just watching the highlights now, his opening spell of swing bowling late on the last day was brilliant. He is getting good pace and fantastic swing. More importantly, he is not straying onto the leg stump and getting good consistent lines.

Ok sorry :p.

I'm just so nervous some other Indian Members on this forum.

The great thing is that all our bowlers can play a part in this, normally it is just one bowler who we expect to do all the damage in situation like these, and its normally Kumble. But now all our bowlers are in top notch, with Pathan, Sharma and RP all in with the wickets and Kumble is expected to do something on this pitch that favours him.

Is that positive enough for you Adarsh? ;):p

What is that avatar about?

Do some people still think Australia have a shot in this match?

The Indians themselves think that the only team that can be confident of reaching the target is Australia

But still, it's such a huge win if India achieve it, so I'm nervous still... ;)

Of course. After all that happened in Sydney and after all the pre-series hype on the pace and bounce of the Perth wicket and how it would rattle the Indians (Chris Rogers said India would struggle at Perth and he himself struggled on debut!).

So a win here would be a huge huge achievement (if we get there!). We got to focus on this day and finish things off well. I feel Kumble as usual will be the trump card for us to help us win.

Last edited:
Rogers hasn't been at the peak of his powers this season, if he was picked last season I suspect he would have gone better. This season his average has dipped majorly.

And drop Zaheer ?!!!! He's the best pacer India has had for a few years !

But Pathan is no less experienced and seems to show the form that made me a terror at the start of his career. RP Singh has been bowling very well and at good pace too. Sree will give us some aggression, and he bowls well too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread