India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Border or Gavaskar present in presentation cermony. With both gentleman present on ground and trophy being named after them CA could have asked both to come and give away the trophy to Punter.

I couldnt see much cheer when Ponting or the team laid their hands onto the trophy. Wasnt this more hard fought than any other series that they have played in recent times? Or was it because of the Sydney controversies, or do they reserve such wild celebrations for only crushing victories?

Anyways, well said Anil. The way the team have played, they deserve the World No.2 test ranking that they have now retained (a 3-0 or better result would have pushed them to fourth).

Who was man of the match?

Sachin Tendulkar (for his 153 in the first innings)

Last edited:
end of a good test series,would have been better without the controversies.Ind-Aus should be a 5 test series instead of 4.

Man of match: Tendulkar. But it should have been Sehwag in my opinion.

Still great series, tough cricket and congrats to the Aussies for a series win...

India could have made it 2-2 here, but we lacked the bowling depth with RP injured and Kumble not at a 100% fitness and just one seam bowler who contributed. The pitch also was very very good for batting as we couldn't complete even 3 innings.

Still a draw was a fair result as Australia really batted well in their innings.

Sehwag's last 9 centuries:

151 in this match (2008)
180 vs West Indies (2006)
254 vs Pakistan (2006)
201 vs Pakistan (2005)
173 vs Pakistan (2005)
164 vs South Africa (2004)
155 vs Australia (2004)
309 vs Pakistan (2004)
195 vs Australia (2003)

He's crossed 150 in his last 9 centuries.
Crazily, in that 18 month 'drought', he's only played 7 matches including this one. In hindsight it has been pretty harsh treatment, considering India didn't exactly pounce on any superstar openers with his axing.

Crazily, in that 18 month 'drought', he's only played 7 matches including this one. In hindsight it has been pretty harsh treatment, considering India didn't exactly pounce on any superstar openers with his axing.

His ODI slump made him loose Test spot as well.

Dumb selectors. He was okay in Test matches inspite of form slump in ODIs.

His ODI slump made him loose Test spot as well.

Dumb selectors. He was okay in Test matches inspite of form slump in ODIs.

If you remember, it was his string of low scores in the Test matches in the tour of South Africa which cost him his place in the Test side. And I remember a lot of commentators being critical of him at that time. But now, those same commentators are saying that he shouldn't have been dropped! :o Doublespeaking...

To be fair on Sehwag, those pitches were quite juicy and the conditions were quite tough for openers.

well i think sehwag is back for good now and we wont have to suffer jaffer anymore,who is a good player on dead tracks.

well i think sehwag is back for good now and we wont have to suffer jaffer anymore,who is a good player on dead tracks.

Correction: Jaffer is a good player against weak opposition.

Even on good pitches, he struggles against seam bowlers of international quality. He is a good FC cricketer who is about a half-decent Test cricketer.

Trust India to ruin a 5th days play of a Test match. I only watched until the end of it to see Gilly walk off the ground.

My final thoughts on the series was that I was pretty disappointed with some of the players, but we won the series, so I guess that's all that counts.

85832.jpg

Bring on the Commonwealth Bank Series.

Have to say blatantly that today was a completely waste of time, besides watching Gilchrist go off, and really the only reason to watch knowing India had every intention to draw. Would've been nice to see Australia play some strokes and maybe put Gilchrist up the order to have played a few strokes.

But that's the end of that, seen an incredible series, especially from Lee.

This summer of Tests has showed that Lee is the real deal and actually didn't need McGrath there. Im proud of you, I thought you were a tosser before this summer, but after showing some guts,class, backing up them celebrations with good bowling and signing my bat my GF asked you too sign, you are my new favourite bowler:)

Hayden
Jaques
Tendulkar
Clarke
Laxman
Symonds
Gilchrist
Kumble
Lee
Clark
Singh

Status