India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Kumble has given instructions to Sehwag and Dhoni to get some quick runs and get that lead to 200+. They have at over 4 runs an over in the overs after tea, with Sehwag and Dhoni getting some fours. I hope they can declare at 200+ and give Australia the challenge of either going for the win (which could also help India in sneaking a win though unlikely) or batting out the draw which will give them the series win.

Edit: Dhoni hits a six!!!! Wait, no its a four

Declare it here, INDIA!!!!!! 200 to win off 33 overs!!!!! Highly unlikely and if Australia win from there, they probably deserve to win it

Oh come on Jumbo (Kumble), use some brain!!! Could have at least sent Bhajji out. This shows that India are still not happy with the lead that they have got and the overs left in the game.

Last edited:
Binga really risking injury by bowling such a long spell.

Declare it here, INDIA!!!!!! 200 to win off 33 overs!!!!! Highly unlikely and if Australia win from there, they probably deserve to win it

Oh come on Jumbo (Kumble), use some brain!!! Could have at least sent Bhajji out. This shows that India are still not happy with the lead that they have got and the overs left in the game.
But imagine if you guys lost... Kumble's head would be there for the taking.

Last edited:
Who will be Man of the series.

Australia - Bret Lee
India - Sachin Tendulkar

Is Kumble waiting for Sehwag's 150?? I cannot just see how Australia can score 200+ off 30 overs on this type of a pitch? Australia will most probably bat out for a draw, and so India should now declare and look for wickets

Theres no way Anal Kumblast (Kumble) is going to declare. Aus will have much more of a chance of winning than India....

Like I said, 150-180 would have been reasonable, a target that they would have pursued. I've never seen a team so keen to lose a series as this.

Sometimes the captains make decisions.
Can hardly blame India in this case. Apart from Australia's over rate more or less ruling out any sort of positive result, they bowled quite a bit outside off stump throughout the day. And of course there were probably 5 men on the boundary at any given time--not really looking for wickets.

In my opinion neither side wants a win here. So a draw is a fair result.

But imagine if you guys lost... Kumble's head would be there for the taking.

I dont think so. The whole world knows how well India have played in this series. Every time Australia threw a punch at them, they have returned it in good measure. They won at Perth where no one expected them to. They have fought so hard here at Adelaide and at Sydney. Even a 3-1 result will not make Kumble lose his captaincy (unless the screws come off the heads of those who decide the captaincy).

Like I said, 150-180 would have been reasonable, a target that they would have pursued. I've never seen a team so keen to lose a series as this.

They feel 2-1 is better than 3-1. In my opinion, thats a very bad mindset and I do not support that

Yahooooo..... Sehwag OUT!!!! Well done Gilly!!!! Come on Aussies, get those remaining wickets out!!!!!

Sehwag's last 9 centuries:

151 in this match (2008)
180 vs West Indies (2006)
254 vs Pakistan (2006)
201 vs Pakistan (2005)
173 vs Pakistan (2005)
164 vs South Africa (2004)
155 vs Australia (2004)
309 vs Pakistan (2004)
195 vs Australia (2003)

He's crossed 150 in his last 9 centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread