India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over-rate of 24 from the Australians on that morning session. Granted that there were a few delays due to the physio coming in to look at Dravid, that's still a poor effort. I really hope the ICC take a strong stand on this issue.

On the match, this looks like it will be a draw unless Australia take a couple of quick ones right after lunch. That will push India right on the backfoot and will probably cause them to self-destruct.

Viru bhai!!!!! He's back!!!!! Fabulous innings under pressure (he must surely be knowing about the England game in 2006). Out of 128 runs, he scored 100 runs and that shows how well he has played when the others havent scored that well.

Bad decision from Sachin, but that happens. Probably his last in Australia and he meets a similar fate to that of Gilly (he got 3 runs more yesterday). Ganguly looked positive against Hogg and thats the way he should go

We have a lead of 100+ now. If we bat the second session out and get 100 more runs with one session to go and a lead of 200+, why cant we throw the bait back to Australia asking them to score at nearly 7 runs per over to win the match? If they go after it, they could possibly lose wickets too thereby getting under pressure. If I was Kumble, I would set my thoughts at that and advice Sehwag and Ganguly to bat well in the second session and ask them to get that lead to 200+ with one session to go

good to see Viru back in form hope he does well in odi too and i hope for india ganguly plays well he needs some runs

Second session starts, and an absolute crucial one for both teams. If India can bat well in this session, they can think of setting a Twenty20 type target for Australia and ask them to have a go at it. If Australia get the wickets, they could be having a relatively easy chase and could make it

Will be interesting enough....

i dont think Australia will chase a 20/20 type total, they will just see the match out as they have no reason to chase. However if they go for the chase and lose 2 - 3 wickets early India would then have there tails up and a good sniff of victory. So from an Aussie point of view not worth it.

Great batting display from Sehwag.

There's the first early wicket. If they get Laxman early they could have a win on their hands. I don't know why Sehwag's gone into his shell the last few overs.

Ganguly GONE!!!! Good catch from Hussey. I thought it was not out, but bad luck there for Ganguly. Wont fault him

Laxman has to fight it out for this session. Its almost 4/162 right now with Dravid retired hurt and not expected to come back out (though he could if we tumble).

Australia still in there with a chance....

There's the first early wicket. If they get Laxman early they could have a win on their hands. I don't know why Sehwag's gone into his shell the last few overs.

Facing the fast bowler with the old ball is tough, and Symonds has been pitching it on the rough thereby making it really wide for Sehwag. He is intent on survival. He hits only those balls which he feels really need to be spanked. I feel he is playing really well the way he has so far.

Lee back in.... GOOD MOVE!!!!

Edit: What would have happened had Clarke taken that slip catch last night that let off Sehwag on 1 or 2???

Last edited:
India should back themselves to defend something like 150-180 in a session. That is, if they are willing to score 50 runs in an hour.

i dont think Australia will chase a 20/20 type total, they will just see the match out as they have no reason to chase. However if they go for the chase and lose 2 - 3 wickets early India would then have there tails up and a good sniff of victory. So from an Aussie point of view not worth it.

Great batting display from Sehwag.

Sending Gilly out with a win?

If we need over 4 an over to win, then Gilly will open.

India should back themselves to defend something like 150-180 in a session. That is, if they are willing to score 50 runs in an hour.

Quite possible with Sehwag, and Laxman looking positive now. I want India to do something to show that they care about winning here

This thread is now the 3rd most replied thread on PC. Just need about 130 more replies to get to number 2 (which might as well be number 1).

It's been like that for a couple of weeks.

Church!!!! Got Him!!! :D

Now into Dhoni. Get him, and I reckon the tail will fall quite cheaply. Then we can see Gilly in for one last bat. :)

PS. Just heard news that Dravid is out for 2 weeks with his busted finger. So he ain't gonna be batting.

Dravid's got to come back if Dhoni and Sehwag can't make something happen, even if it is a broken finger.

This is going to be really really interesting... India havent batted badly today, and have a pretty decent lead. If Sehwag can open up now with the guys at the other end falling around him, he can lift india to a lead of 180 odd (with 35 mins left to tea). If india get to a lead of 180 odd by tea and get all out, Australia have to chase 180 runs in 30 overs (or 35 overs) which will be challenging if they want to win this game.

This could become so interesting.... I am not going to sleep today until this game ends (want to see Gilly's final moments too).

Dravid's got to come back if Dhoni and Sehwag can't make something happen, even if it is a broken finger.

No need.... Dhoni, Kumble and Bhajji can add vital runs for India. Only if they get out very cheaply should Dravid think of coming back....

PS. Just heard news that Dravid is out for 2 weeks with his busted finger. So he ain't gonna be batting.

That doesnt hurt us. He is not playing the ODI series anyways...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread