India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been saying throughout the Bangladesh through to this tour that Jaffer is useless, even when he hit that 200. They take him and he fails six times, when will people learn to listen to me:)

What do you think about Karthik as an opener though?

He's a massive boost in the field too, if only he had pulled off that run-out to Jacques. :eek:

What do you think about Karthik as an opener though?

To be honest, Karthik was Shoaib's bunny but should not be dropped from the Test squad just yet. I think he should have opened instead of Wasim Jaffer in a straight swap in this Test. He still averages 40 as an opener and you do not score runs against England, South Africa and Bangladesh opening by a fluke.

Well that pretty much sums up my opinion. Harshly dropped.

I am hoping for another Amazing Adelaide...but with no Warne on the 5th day it's highly doubtful. Hogg is no world class 5th day spinner, at least we can count on him getting Ganguly out:p

at least we can count on him getting Ganguly out:p

If you get to Ganguly,that is :cool:

Its gonna be tough for you ppl without Warne and Tait.
Lets be honest,even if Warne were there,he would'nt have been a great impact.

If you get to Ganguly,that is :cool:

Its gonna be tough for you ppl without Warne and Tait.
Lets be honest,even if Warne were there,he would'nt have been a great impact.

Huh? McGrath do you mean? Tait isn't going to be that much help in the form he's in.

To be honest, Karthik was Shoaib's bunny but should not be dropped from the Test squad just yet. I think he should have opened instead of Wasim Jaffer in a straight swap in this Test. He still averages 40 as an opener and you do not score runs against England, South Africa and Bangladesh opening by a fluke.

You can't include Bangladesh in the same sentence as England and South Africa. (Apart from that one of course...)

I thought Sehwag or Dravid would get out seeing the way they were scoring slowly. But they survived. But England were in a similar position and still lost the match, so you cant say what can happen.

If India wants to scare the Australians, they have to bat positively tomorrow, score at 3.5 to 4 runs per over and set a target of around 200 runs in a session (30 possible overs). Though I am not too sure if India would do this.

I dont mind if we lose this match, but want to see the attempt for a result, and also want to see Gilly bat one last time

India have a lot to gain from this match. I would really be surprised if Kumble made a sporting declaration, though, seeing that it's almost impossible to pick up 10 wickets in a session unless the pitch is located in the Wankhede Stadium.

One thing that was strongly evident, however, was Australia's desire to draw this match before attempting to win it. It's something that other test teams do--not the Australian team which has made a habit of winning. That in itself shows me that they respect the Indian side and realize that if they play their natural, flamboyant game, that they may end up on the losing side.

sehwag holds the key,an hour or two of him and india will be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread