India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All seems to have settled down again. Clark should have been brought in earlier though. This is pretty much identical to the situation England were in last year.

Except we have a slightly stronger middle order;)

When will India learn that nine times out of ten, a fill in opener will fail.
Hopefully this shows Australia something too, wanting to open Watson...

Except we have a slightly stronger middle order;)
True, but the fact remains that you guys are in trouble if you lose another wicket today, especially since you have decent batsmen in now.

Last edited:
To be honest, it is not too bad in ODIs because you need not have to defend the swinging ball but merely pelt it.
No problems in ODI, but they recently announced he's still in the frame as a test opener. Though honestly, I never thought I'd say it, but I wouldn't mind him over Symonds, better value as a test batsman imo and his bowling is a tad more dangerous.

I had been saying throughout the Bangladesh through to this tour that Jaffer is useless, even when he hit that 200. They take him and he fails six times, when will people learn to listen to me:)

Good game. I am dissapointed Australia got bowled out but the early wicket made up for it. Good hundreds by Punter Haydos and Pup. Nice batting australia.:) still even though.

I think Australia dont like chasing small totals against us. 120 will be good score. Remember Mumbai anyone?

A draw seems the likely outcome...

But knowing India's batting fragility, I can still see a result for Australia.

Wicket still looks very good for batting though and spinners still have to work very hard for wickets.

Stuart Clark will be India's nemesis in the 2nd innings, because he bowls stump to stump.

If you ask me a 200 lead by mid tea and give themselves 35-40 overs to bowl australia out is an excellent chance. Throw the bowl to Sharma and if we have any chance Bhajji is the man to take us to 2-2. Hayden is likely to be aggressive and if we get him early and Ponting early i think the heads will roll to India's favour.

If you ask me a 200 lead by mid tea and give themselves 35-40 overs to bowl australia out is an excellent chance. Throw the bowl to Sharma and if we have any chance Bhajji is the man to take us to 2-2. Hayden is likely to be aggressive and if we get him early and Ponting early i think the heads will roll to India's favour.

If India bat till mid-tea we won't have 35-40 overs left.

You mean middle of the post-lunch session?

I imagine if they get a chance to chase down something, especially if it's quickly, they'll whack him up the top of the order for sentimental values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread