Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Dhoni
Pathan
kumble
khan
harbhajan

Undefeatable on the 5th day chasing massive totals. Might lead to a lot of drawn tests, but u gotta sacrifice a few pacemen for that :D LOL

I would trade in Sreesanth for Harbhajan. We might not need more than one spinner on Australian wickets. We definitely need a bowler like Sreesanth (not for his antics, but because he has done well in tests abroad). And on a helpful wicket, he could run through a line up.

Ultimate Indian Test Lineup

Jaffer
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Dhoni
Pathan
kumble
khan
harbhajan

Undefeatable on the 5th day chasing massive totals. Might lead to a lot of drawn tests, but u gotta sacrifice a few pacemen for that :D LOL

y two spinners..u need a paceman like r.p singh..we r playin in austrlia not in india

jaffer
sehwag
dravid
tendulkar
laxman
sorav
dhoni
anil kumble
zaheer khan
r.p singh
sreesanth

irfan pathan...is now not a swing bowler nor a fast bowler so..they shud keep him out for the tests...also they shud send laxman above sorav....only 1 spinner..as india will play on bouncy fast track..anil kumble is the perfect one

also they shud have dinesh karthik..so he can replace..either one of the two openers..he is useful as back up wicket keepr...irfan pathan shud be played in the warm up matches..if he swings and bowls fastly he can replace r.p singh or sreesanth ...

Last edited:
How could you go past a team like Aus with haydos, gilly, ponting and everyone else and not have a 4-0 whitewash

Radomir,
Please explain how did India go past the Aussies line-up having exactly the same names+Langer,S Waugh in 2003-04 and not suffer a whitewash.
Don't underestimate India just cause we lost the ODI's.

well then two spinners will be picked for scg test only...

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Anil Kumble is very much in the race for the Indian Test captaincy.

Last edited:
Radomir,
Please explain how did India go past the Aussies line-up having exactly the same names+Langer,S Waugh in 2003-04 and not suffer a whitewash.
Don't underestimate India just cause we lost the ODI's.

Ponting, Haydos and Gilly are all much more matured. In 2004 Punter didn't even score a hundred. Plus now we have the greatness of Hussey and more youths we might be able to get the uper hand.

India will have a chance in the ODIs, they have absolutely minimal chance in the test. I believe Australia are like a killing machine in test cricket. Although, granted Warne and McGrath are gone, you never know..

But still, it'll be a whitewash to Australia.. Maybe one drawn test.

India will have a chance in the ODIs, they have absolutely minimal chance in the test. I believe Australia are like a killing machine in test cricket. Although, granted Warne and McGrath are gone, you never know..

But still, it'll be a whitewash to Australia.. Maybe one drawn test.

You are really underestimating India in Tests and Over estimating in ODIs. Really, I expect our Team to display some heroics in Tests. Even last time, when Aussies came here, the test series should have been drawn if that rain had not played spoilsport in Chennai. Anyways, its past. Dont ever ever underestimate India in Tests is what I mean. Its the same India which won England side in England. :)

Regarding ODIs, i have no hopes completely. We have no bowlers! Its like Batting VI taking on Australian XI and Lanka XI. So no hopes from me on our dear bowlers as well as Indian ODI side. ;)

You are really underestimating India in Tests and Over estimating in ODIs. Really, I expect our Team to display some heroics in Tests. Even last time, when Aussies came here, the test series should have been drawn if that rain had not played spoilsport in Chennai. Anyways, its past. Dont ever ever underestimate India in Tests is what I mean.Its the same India which won England side in England. :)

Regarding ODIs, i have no hopes completely. We have no bowlers! Its like Batting VI taking on Australian XI and Lanka XI. So no hopes from me on our dear bowlers as well as Indian ODI side. ;)

It's not a matter of me underestimating India but you underestimating Australia ;)

While I would like to leave it at that thought provoking line, I wont.

Australia have the tendency to lose ODI series. England, South Africa and New Zealand have all proved this point in the recent months.

Test Match cricket though.. now thats another thing. I strongly believe that the best India can do is draw a game due to their long batting line up. They just don't have the firepower.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of me underestimating India but you underestimating Australia ;)

Oops, i never underestimated Australia either. ;) I just meant to say, India's test gameplay is far far better than their own crap ODI's gameplay. They can put a good fight in Tests like we did last time in Aussies. And if i remember right, India have very poor records in VB/ODI series,Australia till now. :p

How can i forget our players who have played in Australia like Jacob Martin, MSK Prasad, Parthiv Patel(that too as a opener in ODIs :rolleyes:), Balaji's wonderful delivery that went for Six smashed by Brett to loose the close game... and so on .:( :noway

Ponting, Haydos and Gilly are all much more matured. In 2004 Punter didn't even score a hundred. Plus now we have the greatness of Hussey and more youths we might be able to get the uper hand.

Excuse me ?
The Punter was your best batsman in that series.
Yeah you are right he did not score a hundred.
He did score two double hundreds on that tour.

Oops, i never underestimated Australia either. ;) I just meant to say, India's test gameplay is far far better than their own crap ODI's gameplay. They can put a good fight in Tests like we did last time in Aussies. And if i remember right, India have very poor records in VB/ODI series,Australia till now. :p

The Tests will be keenly contested,but as you say the ODI's,well I belive this team has the power to challenge Aussies in their own den.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread