India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta look at the mentality off the batsman aswell. Our two top batsman (Hayden & Ponting) are coming off a stellar year whilst Rahul Dravid is showing signs of detieration and Tendulkar is seemingly having trouble converting 100's.

Our bowling attack is also allot stronger then the one in the 2003/04 series.

Harsh words from Jenner but I tend to agree.

Brad Hogg has been lifted by the news his Test career is not over, but the spin coach Terry Jenner has warned Australia's selectors not to be swayed by his exceptional one-day form. Jenner wants to protect his young prospects Dan Cullen and Cullen Bailey from an early elevation and is pushing for Stuart MacGill to replace Shane Warne.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/314912.html

Did gambino actually predict an Indian victory? I am pleasantly surprised. :)

yes,
but only if india play a decent line up,
not what they have been fielding in the last 2 years which is 5 bowlers and 5 batsmen.
no way will that work,
for india to stand any chance they have to field this line up

jaffer
sehwag
dravid
tendulkar
laxman
yuvraj
dhoni
kumble
khan
rp singh
harbhajan

Nope, I'm referring to the same thing you are. I just didn't feel like researching when the last series before the 2003 one was. Besides over 3 years == 7 years. ;)

Did gambino actually predict an Indian victory? I am pleasantly surprised. :)

I think it's a matter of who he despises more. India or Australia? ;)

yes,
not what they have been fielding in the last 2 years which is 5 bowlers and 5 batsmen.
no way will that work,

jaffer
sehwag
dravid
tendulkar
laxman
yuvraj
dhoni
kumble
khan
rp singh
harbhajan

How can you drop Dinesh Karthik? Not only was he top run scorer for India in England in the tests, but he also did well in South Africa and Bangladesh.

yes,
no way will that work,

jaffer
sehwag
dravid
tendulkar
laxman
yuvraj
dhoni
kumble
khan
rp singh
harbhajan
How can u forget Sreesanth?Believe me he will be the trump card.Put him in place of Bhajji and we will see more drama.:cool:

I don't see how you can drop Karthik after the England series. :(

I agree on putting Sreesanth in as well, Kumble as a lone spinner will do.

not in place of harbhajan though,

hrabhajan has had too much success vs aussies to be dropepd

Yes, he has also had amazing success in FC cricket in England too; albeit in only a few games.

I don't see how you can drop Karthik after the England series. :(

I agree on putting Sreesanth in as well, Kumble as a lone spinner will do.
im taking in account the history too,

like you cant imagine dropping inzamam against england in test matches and against india in odi matches

Murali Kartik would be an obvious over Powar after this series.
What a revelation! I wouldn't mind fielding 3 spinners in a test...

Murali Kartik cant break through. Kumble is still the top spinner in tests, with Harbhajan and Chawla waiting in the wings. Its too tough. Kartik has a good chance now in ODI's only.

Dinesh Karthik should at least play the tests.. He has been doing well in tests. he is failing in ODI's for quite long and needs to be dropped, but in tests he is good.

Chawla is a good prospect for India and I would rather see him play in the tests than Harbhajan who looking at his comeback has a lot of work to do so Chawla looks the bets option to me since he can also bat and field quite well.

Chawla perhaps can play in Sydney where the wickets are usually very good for spinners in which I expect them to play 2 spinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread