• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^^^
What he said.

Australia's bowling attack is fearful. Clark is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Anyone who writes off Australia in their own backyard needs testing.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
^^^
What he said.

Australia's bowling attack is fearful. Clark is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Anyone who writes off Australia in their own backyard needs testing.

I do not think its fearful with out warne and mcgrath.all though i understand why you fear them.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Clark, well..
He hasn't impressed me ALL that much. We'll see.
This will be great, I know that.
I"m sure Sachin and Co. Will want to give Australia (As in the country, not the team) one last show.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
If If If If If If If.................................................

...............................................................................If If If If If

'If' as in conditional tense since he cannot see into the future...

I do not think its fearful with out warne and mcgrath.all though i understand why you fear them.

It is sure is understandable to fear someone who ripped through England and South Africa (Clark)

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
And we made the mistake of writing off MacGill in the 98/99 Ashes as well. Anyone who doesn't see Brett Lee as a threat either is blind or insane.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
expecting for the test series to either be a indian win or an draw,
aussies just dont have the bowling anymore to bowl sides like india out in test matches unless they call gillespie up

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Have I gone mentally insane or did I just see somene calling for Gillespie to be called up? That ship has sailed so far away that it has actually fell of the face of the earth.

Aussies do have the bowling side to bowl teams like India out. I wish people would stop blindly assuming that because Australia are minus Warne and McGrath that they can't bowl sides out. They can, it's just that some people are too scared to admit that Australia can live on without Warne and McGrath.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
erm,
he has been playing regularily since being dropped by the aussies and he is still in his early 30's.

sure he's gone slower but this indian batting line up has feasted on aussie attacks which were minus warne and mcgrath in the past 8 years

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Matt Nicholson has been playing regulary and is also in his early thirties. Let's give him a call up as well shall we? Gillespie is past it and is way, way behind in the pecking order now. End of discussion.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Let's talk stats

Clark - 9 matches, 47 wickets
MacGill - 40 matches, 198 wickets
Lee - 59 matches, 231 wickets
Tait? - 2 matches, 5 wickets

Looks to me like a line-up capable of bowling a side out once or twice

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Comparison
Irfan- 25 Matches, 91 wickets
Harbhajan-57 Matches, 238 Wickets
Anil Kumble- 118 Matches, 566 Wickets
Sreesanth- 11 Matches, 46 Wickets (not bad for a monkey, eh?)
Zaheer Khan- 50 Matches, 160 Wickets.

Although you guys have the upper hand, we're no walkover either.
Prepare for a fight, Australia.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I hope you're not talking to me because if you're calling me an Aussie, I may just cry.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think thats 7 instead of 3 years. The last time Australia won a series against India at home was in 2000-01 when India were whitewashed 3-0 under the captaincy of Sachin Tendulkar. After that, they drew the series in 2003 under the captaincy of Ganguly 1-1. After that, we never played a test series in Australia.

I think ur probably referring to Australia's victory over india in a test series in India in 2004 (the infamous nagpur pitch episode!).
Nope, I'm referring to the same thing you are. I just didn't feel like researching when the last series before the 2003 one was. Besides over 3 years == 7 years. ;)

expecting for the test series to either be a indian win or an draw,
aussies just dont have the bowling anymore to bowl sides like india out in test matches unless they call gillespie up
Did gambino actually predict an Indian victory? I am pleasantly surprised. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread