India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infact the series should be easier for us this time round.

Last time,they defeated us in the World Cup Finals of 2003 and everyone dubbed it as a revevnge series.

This time,it is the other way round with Aussies being on the losing side.
Then again,apart from a few,others believe that India will lose.

And it has always happened with India-when no one expects them to win,they will win.

Infact the series should be easier for us this time round.

Last time,they defeated us in the World Cup Finals of 2003 and everyone dubbed it as a revevnge series.

This time,it is the other way round with Aussies being on the losing side.
Then again,apart from a few,others believe that India will lose.

And it has always happened with India-when no one expects them to win,they will win.
In one dayers with our crappy bowling its difficult.But in tests with our batting lineup we can win atleast one test.:p

Get in Ajit Agarkar to bowl on the Aussie pitches.He bowls well there.

He does,ofcourse give away plenty of runs,but then,he gets the wickets atleast.

aaah i remember he took 6 wickets in the second innings of the Adelaide test which india won.:p

No way mate, he's way over the hill now.....

He bowls batsmen in now, not bowl them out....

He's highly unpredictable.
With the Chairman of Selectors and the BCCI boss hailing from Agarkar's hometown Mumbai,I would'nt be surprised if they pick him.

I wouldn't be surprised either, not because they're from Mumbai but because they're idiots.

I have long held the view that only cricketers with cricketing brains be allowed to act as selectors.
In India,who has heard of some Bhupinder Singh Jr,who played for some Ranji Team ?

I'm not convinced with australia's bowling attack. No offense to mcgill, Johnson and Lee but against a batting attack like tendulkar, ganguly, dravid and laxman they're gonna struggle. You might point out to the last SL test but the point is this: SL have a weak batting attack. They're trump card is bowling. So dont assume Aus will roll over india like they did in against SL. India's batting in this form of the game has not dippened since that tour so you might see a repeat of the batting display in the last tour. This tour might be a batting fiesta. India's bowling is not that great. If you ask me its up to Stuart Clarke and Zaheer Khan for their respective nations. I think Australia will win it by their fielding. They tend to take their half chances. Kumble as captain is not my taste but he's closest to ganguly and dhoni. I like the two because of their aggresion. I think Dhoni's keeping needs to improve especially stumping.

You'd be surprised at how swift Dhoni's stumpings have become over time, of course there is still room for improvement.

Dhoni has improved by leaps and bounds in his wicketkeeping which shows how seriously he takes it. I didn't like him all that much before because I thought he was just a hit-and-miss kind of guy but he has matured quite a bit. If we win the Pakistan tests and he plays well in Australia, he could well earn that Test captaincy sooner rather than later.

As for Aus-India, it really comes down to the batting. I think Aus bowlers playing at home will definitely have an advantage--they also have the advantage of pace. Their batsmen will also be much more aware of the conditions---apart from playing at home they will be coming off a series against an international opposition.

Most teams that do well in Australia do it after spending a considerable amount of time playing tour matches and getting acclimatized. India are doing neither. They finish playing Pakistan and then fly over to Australia to play against them. To be honest, it would take a super-human effort to put up their best show in the first game so I think we would be looking to hang on for a draw in that one.

Who will get Hayden and Ponting out?????
These two guys just pile on runs against India. And Aussies always target opposite captain, therfore, Kumble will definately retire after this tour. And by the way why is he captain. He should have been dropped by now.

Our batting is currently way better then India's. Hayden & Ponting are seemingly the only ones who aren't making plenty of runs and they're our best 2 batsman!

India's batting is beginning to tire. I'm not sure about Laxman, but apart from Tendulkar no one else is looking overally threatening to us.

Well, wouldnt that be good for India? Perth is one of the fastest wickets in Australia rite?

Agreed,but I thought that that might have been the Aussie strategy.

Who will get Hayden and Ponting out?????
These two guys just pile on runs against India. And Aussies always target opposite captain, therfore, Kumble will definately retire after this tour. And by the way why is he captain. He should have been dropped by now.

RP Singh,Sreesanth.They will also rope in Ajit Agarkar and we also have Zaheer Khan who really needs to improve.
I just hope they also pick Irfan Pathan.

And by the way,Kumble has a very good cricketing brain.So please do not underestimate him.Atleast the choice to select him is better than selecting Tendulkar for the job.I know that it should have gone to Sourav Ganguly,but nothing can be done about that now-unless Dilip springs a surprise.[which he wont]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread