India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to dislike Stuart Clark the sameway I do Johnson now but atleast Clark was having deserved success while Johnson's just feeding off of the other bowlers and eventually Clark earnt my respect.

That and I believe our selectors and new coach are complete boneheads who know nothing about cricket.

I don't much rate Mitchell Johnson. I think the Indians don't play him very well more so because of a mental attitude rather than any ability that Johnson has over them. I don't honestly see what a lot of people rave on about Johnson for. I've never really seen him move for the ball for a considerable amount of time, compared to someone of that pace proven at test level, compatriate Brett Lee being a good example. He bowls good pace, he doesn't get especially steep bounce and he seems easy to read.

Yeah, his 5fer in the ODI against India was due to some very poor shots from the top order and him bowling to the tail. Apart from that he bowled trash.

because that fixture list only shows the games played by India and not the ones where Sri Lanka and Australia play each other and the Indians take no part probably?

I don't much rate Mitchell Johnson. I think the Indians don't play him very well more so because of a mental attitude rather than any ability that Johnson has over them.
That still doesn't change the fact that he's been successful against them. If they've done it multiple times in the past they may do it multiple times in the future.

Mitchell Johnson-As far as Fc is concerned,you may want him as your team captain.He can really rattle the Indian team and I wouldnt be surprised if Mitch is the Man of the Series.

As some one mentioned,the Indians seem to have a mental block.

Team Captain?! HA!

If he has a shocker against India, I can see him conceeding 200+ runs in an innings.

As sohum says he might just end up destroying India's top order.

Johson has always done well against India.The last two times were in Malaysia and India.
Why shouldnt he do well in Australia ?

Mitch is fast and gets bounce. India will be going into a test match right after playing on mostly dead Indian pitches. With him bowling alongside Lee, I could definitely see a couple of Indian batsman getting outfoxed by pace and bounce even if he doesn't bowl too many special deliveries.

Australia may well go on to win the series but the fact remains that this promises to be their biggest challenge in recent times.
India are the side with the best head to head test record in the past 5 test series against Australia.

1998 : 2-1 India
2000 : 0-3 Australia
2001 : 2-1 India
2003 : 1-1
2004 : 1-2 Australia

Head to Head : 6-8 Australia

I cannot think of a team which has such a close test record against Australia.
SA have barely managed to win a game against them.
Pakistan have lost 9 out of their last 10 games versus Australia and so have Sri Lanka.
Except for the 2005 Ashes, even England have been dominated by them.

This is by far the best record that any side has achieved in recent times against Australia.

Australia may well go on to win the series but the fact remains that this promises to be their biggest challenge in recent times.
India are the side with the best head to head test record in the past 5 test series against Australia.

1998 : 2-1 India
2000 : 0-3 Australia
2001 : 2-1 India
2003 : 1-1
2004 : 1-2 Australia

Head to Head : 6-8 Australia

I cannot think of a team which has such a close test record against Australia.
SA have barely managed to win a game against them.
Pakistan have lost 9 out of their last 10 games versus Australia and so have Sri Lanka.
Except for the 2005 Ashes, even England have been dominated by them.

This is by far the best record that any side has achieved in recent times against Australia.

Just to add to that in the 2000's Australia and India have had 12 games.
5 going to Aus
4 to India
and 3 drawn.

The only team getting close to challenging Aus as match as India has in the 2000's is England. We have versed them 20 times and won 14 with England winning 4 times.

South Africa are third closet with 12 matches agaisnt them and Aus has 10 wins and South Africa 1 :laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread