11. RP Singh

12th Man: Gautam Gambhir

Reserves:

13. Rohit Sharma
14. S Sreesanth
15. Virender Shewag/Pravin Kumar/Munaf Patel

Thats not a good news for aussies.
Macgill may miss india series.

Stuart MacGill's state coach insists the legspinner can play a long-term role for Australia despite being unsure of his future. MacGill's knee injury is threatening his career and the Sydney Morning Herald reported he would have surgery to fix the ligament problem instead of playing in the India series.

The claim has not been confirmed by MacGill, who was unable to maintain his length during the second Test against Sri Lanka, but if he has an operation he will aim to be fit for the tour to Pakistan in March. MacGill has had two bouts of surgery in the past six months in a bid to fix the injury, which he suffered on John Buchanan's boot camp before the 2006-07 Ashes. If he misses the India series Brad Hogg will be his replacement.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/322386.html

It's a bad idea. If Hogg plays well, he'll lose his spot. I'd play if I were him. That is, so long as it's possible, seems to be though.

Last edited:
Does not matter if McGill plays or not. In last series against India when he was young and fit he still could not trouble the Indian batsmen. Hogg I think is better bowler than McGill and also offers some batting lower down the order.

Australia have a problem if MacGill is not fit for the series because Hogg has a poor record in First Class cricket and India are one of the best teams against spin.

I think Hogg would cause more trouble than MacGill, although I have not seen him perform with the red ball. India did not play him too comfortably and chinamen are rare in international cricket today. Even if they end up playing him well, they'll take a couple of innings to settle down to his style of bowling and that could mean a test match gone.

Looks like MacGill might give the series a miss and go for an operation. That and he said he won't play for Aus if he isn't 100% fit. So looks like Hogg will take over as spinner, his form in FC has been good of late but how he will go is another question. The biggest test he can get up against the Indians on home soil.

CA is planning to promote this series as Tendulkar farewell series. Wonder what Sachin thinks abt it?

Forgot about playing the 4 quicks, could be an option on the MCG. Wouldn't mind which quick is picked of Noffke, Bollinger, Tait or Hilfy. I would say that is the better way to go than throwing Hogg in on the MCG.

As an Australian or an Indian?

As an Australian,for the reason you mentioned,he ,being a chinaman will be diffcult to pick and they are very rare.
Also,he can bat a bit and save a Test or two if the need be.
Secondly,McGill never impressed me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread