India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about playing the 4 quicks, could be an option on the MCG. Wouldn't mind which quick is picked of Noffke, Bollinger, Tait or Hilfy. I would say that is the better way to go than throwing Hogg in on the MCG.
That'll be touch and go as well. I can't see it working at Adelaide or Sydney and this perception of the MCG wicket seems misleading, as if it is supposed to be particularly hard or something. I don't doubt that it might be a seaming wicket, but I do doubt that short pitched bowling would be exceptionally effective.
It's a bad idea. If Hogg plays well, he'll lose his spot. I'd play if I were him. That is, so long as it's possible, seems to be though.
I'm not sure if it's happened yet in the history of Australian selections that an established player misses a game through injury and is then dropped in favour of his replacement. I think there is a suspicion that selectors want an excuse to drop MacGill, but the truth is that he will always have an edge over Hogg as a Test player. He has those 200 Test wickets for a start, but in general he brings the sort of gameplay that is intense and combative, more suited to Test cricket.

That'll be touch and go as well. I can't see it working at Adelaide or Sydney and this perception of the MCG wicket seems misleading, as if it is supposed to be particularly hard or something. I don't doubt that it might be a seaming wicket, but I do doubt that short pitched bowling would be exceptionally effective.

Obviously just a temporary fix, they say MacGill should be fit by the 2nd test having a Pura game under his belt. But after the FRC there, looks pretty dead so having the spinner might be the way to go.

He might.Last time round he did not.
Else Australia can use Dan Cullen or Cam White,who can also double up as a much better batsman,that ofcourse depend supon his domestic form.

It's either Hogg or pick a quick. Our young spinners will get hammered which could set them back years.

It's either Hogg or pick a quick. Our young spinners will get hammered which could set them back years.

Agree totally. The last bowling spot should be between Hogg, Hilfenhaus and Tait, of those three I'd opt for Hilfenhaus. Tait is still quite wayward and hasn't got much bowling under his belt, while Hogg has never been that good in FC cricket.

If you take a look at how Australias young spinners have performed, then you'll realise none of them are anywhere near good enough to trouble the Indian batsmen (with the possible exception of Aaron Heal). Dan Cullen, Cullen Bailey etc are all poor bowlers at this stage in their respective careers.

Agree totally. The last bowling spot should be between Hogg, Hilfenhaus and Tait, of those three I'd opt for Hilfenhaus. Tait is still quite wayward and hasn't got much bowling under his belt, while Hogg has never been that good in FC cricket.

Tait is a must for the T20 match though. In limited overs cricket, Tait is 'gun' (welcome to PC btw).

Based on the very limited time I have seen him and from what Australian members on forums say, I will go with Hilfenhaus as the fourth bowler, he is rated very highly and I have seen him get prodigious swing at times.

Tait is a must for the T20 match though. In limited overs cricket, Tait is 'gun' (welcome to PC btw).

Based on the very limited time I have seen him and from what Australian members on forums say, I will go with Hilfenhaus as the fourth bowler, he is rated very highly and I have seen him get prodigious swing at times.

I'm here because of what's happened at CW ;)

Shaun Tait is one of those bowlers who will be unplayable when he's having a good day, but can leak runs when he isn't in good rhythm. As it is, he hasn't had much bowling this season because of injury, so throwing him in against India would be quite risky even with the pace he generates.

Hilfenhaus is a very good bowler and has all the makings of somebody who will be succcessful at international level. Height, swing, pace, accuracy are all in his arsenal.

Anyone saw that " Mission : Get Sachin " by Australia's previous coach. :p I saw it in NDTV.

Buchanan has written a lengthy theory after observing Sachin in detail. He has also come to an conclusion, Mitchell Johnson will help a lot in dismissing Sachin early as soon as he comes. Brett Lee will also be quite effective because of pace. He has also written, Sachin is uncomfortable when he comes fresh to bat i.e before settling down. A full length ball will easily get him.... so and so.... ( I remember only this much )

Hmmm, no one is leaving this Master free for certain time. I really pity him(Sachin)! But with loads of experience and loads of runs under his belt, I expect Tendulkar to act as cunning as fox.. nevermind what opponents analyze and do, lets give our more than 100% which will do the trick. ;)

Yeah and many a times Lee has got him with that special delivery.
Its just short of a yorker,but with Lee's pace,it proves to be quite a handful.

Just isn't the right time for Tait to come into the side. Injury and not knowing exactly where Johnson is makes it too risky to play him. Would love to see Hilfy given a go with the 4 quicks. But if the selectors go Hogg then at least we will know where he is at in Test match cricket.

Pick any spinner you want. Even get warnie out of retirement i dont think anyone stands a chance against India. Only Tendulkar at times get troubled by left arm spinners otherwise its all bread and butter for indian batsmen.
All 4 fast bowlers will also be playing in hands of India as its myth that India does not play fast bowling well. Most Indian batsmen are comfortable on back foot and can easily avoid short pitch bowling like last time also.

But they don't really have a lot of time to adjust from the slow, medium-bounce pitches of India to the faster, bouncier pitches in Australia. I've said it earlier--the teams who play better against Australia in Australia spend time playing tour matches and getting acclimatized to the conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread