India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a shame. Noffke, Johnson & Tait are playing all in the same match but of course Johnson does nothing and Tait & Noffke finish with 5fers & 4fers respectively and yet Johnson's still going to get selected.

i think india have really good chance agianst aussies because of indian batsman if indian batsman come good then aussies will be hammered i would like to have sehwag and jaffer open or sehwag or yuvi because they take the bowlers apart

Pick any spinner you want. Even get warnie out of retirement i dont think anyone stands a chance against India. Only Tendulkar at times get troubled by left arm spinners otherwise its all bread and butter for indian batsmen.
All 4 fast bowlers will also be playing in hands of India as its myth that India does not play fast bowling well. Most Indian batsmen are comfortable on back foot and can easily avoid short pitch bowling like last time also.

The Indian batsmen are very good players of spin and I agree with your sentiments about none of the spin bowlers being good enough, hence why I would select four fast bowlers. Also, how many left arm spinners have actually troubled Tendulkar? Paul Harris and Monty Panesar are the only two that spring to mind immediatly, and he has dealt with other similar bowlers quite effectively in the past.

Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Clark have both tasted sucess against the Indian side in ODI cricket and have also dismissed all the batsmen likely to appear in India's top 7, with the exclusion of Laxman and Jaffer. Johnson has also managed to snare Sehwag, Yuvraj and Gambhir a few times. In the past Stuart MacGill has been poor against India, but there are very few spinners who have performed admirably against these fine batsmen. Brett Lee is a transformed bowler from the last time he took on the Indians, and his pace will unsettle them. A bowling attack of Lee, Clark, Johnson and Tait/Hilfenhaus should be very effective against the Indians as they all have different strengths and should be able to work together well as a unit.

But they don't really have a lot of time to adjust to the slow, medium-bounce pitches of India to the faster, bouncier pitches in Australia. I've said it earlier--the teams who play better against Australia in Australia spend time playing tour matches and getting acclimatized to the conditions.

That's exactly right, the Indians will need to adjust quickly as the pitches in Australia will be very different from what they are used to in India. Combine that with the pace Tait, Lee and Johnson have and they could really struggle unless they prepare well.

It's such a shame. Noffke, Johnson & Tait are playing all in the same match but of course Johnson does nothing and Tait & Noffke finish with 5fers & 4fers respectively and yet Johnson's still going to get selected.

One game shouldn't determine who leapfrogs who in the race for selection. Johnson has the variety of being a left-armer and bowled quite well against Sri Lanka. Also, he didn't do 'nothing', he got the wickets of two quite accomplished FC batsmen. Admittedly he leaked runs and was far from impressive.

i think india have really good chance agianst aussies because of indian batsman if indian batsman come good then aussies will be hammered i would like to have sehwag and jaffer open or sehwag or yuvi because they take the bowlers apart

The openers have to score runs consistently, not score 30 from 30 balls. Jaffer is in the best form of his Test career, and Karthik has been impressive since becoming an opener. We all know what Sehwag did last time he played Australia, but he was in very poor form prior to being dropped and doesn't deserve to be in the Test side at the moment. Yuvraj Singh is a middle order batsmen, not an opener. The suggestions that he opens are foolish to say the least.

Last edited:
One game shouldn't determine who leapfrogs who in the race for selection. Johnson has the variety of being a left-armer and bowled quite well against Sri Lanka. Also, he didn't do 'nothing', he got the wickets of two quite accomplished FC batsmen. Admittedly he leaked runs and was far from impressive.
His done nothing, especially in First-Class cricket where his FC bowling average has capapolted from 27 to 30 since the season started. He was also unimpressive against Sri Lanka considering he was bowling from a very strong position that the batsman had put Australia; he did nothing overally special and fed off of the other bowlers. Whereas in FC cricket when the going has gotten tough Johnson hasn't done anything to prove his worth. His definately not one of the best bowlers in Australia right now. Atleast not for Test Cricket.

His done nothing, especially in First-Class cricket where his FC bowling average has capapolted from 27 to 30 since the season started. He was also unimpressive against Sri Lanka considering he was bowling from a very strong position that the batsman had put Australia; he did nothing overally special and fed off of the other bowlers. Whereas in FC cricket when the going has gotten tough Johnson hasn't done anything to prove his worth. His definately not one of the best bowlers in Australia right now. Atleast not for Test Cricket.

He has done nothing? How about 8 Test wickets at an average of 30.12, which is lower than Brett Lee's Test average. His average has 'catapulted' because he's been poor in the two Pura Cup games that he has played, and with only 24 FC matches under his belt, then his statistics are bound to fluctuate depending on his performances so early in his career. Did you watch him bowl against Sri Lanka? 2/49 and 2/47 is good for a Test debut, and although he was overshadowed in the first innings of the second Test, he bowled well in the second innings and his three wickets were vital (including being on a hat-trick).

His not completely terrible but other bowlers probably would've been more effective and have done more to earn International selection because infact every state game his played this season he has been well and truly outshinned by Ashley Noffke with the ball and his form with the bat this season puts him into the allrounder category.

Johnson hasn't done enough to keep his place in the side over Noffke or Tait. He did ok in the Test Matches out there but they're are better bowlers out there.

Johnson late burst of wickets will put no doubt he'll be selected not that there was much doubt anyway. Tait and Noffke definitely deserve a go though, Noffke would be very handy with his batting and his bowling has been spot on.

I think Johnson will be picked again, althought Tait and Noffke deserve a chance it will come in the next 12 months, I am sure.

Johnson late burst of wickets will put no doubt he'll be selected not that there was much doubt anyway. Tait and Noffke definitely deserve a go though, Noffke would be very handy with his batting and his bowling has been spot on.
Which is sad because South Australia looked like they were hitting out to get the win today while Tait destroyed the Queensland batting lineup which featured 3 batsman who have been good enough to make it to International level.

Even though he has been unimpressive in the series, I would take Munaf Patel to Australia. I feel that he will thrive on the quick decks there; whereas his short of the length stuff is tripe in India, it could be deadly in Australia; just look at McGrath who made half a career (the home games) of it. The difference of course being that McGrath could alter his stock length depending on the conditions.

Even though he has been unimpressive in the series, I would take Munaf Patel to Australia. I feel that he will thrive on the quick decks there; whereas his short of the length stuff is tripe in India, it could be deadly in Australia; just look at McGrath who made half a career (the home games) of it. The difference of course being that McGrath could alter his stock length depending on the conditions.
The way it's looking now, Munaf may get in by being one of the few bowlers that are fit enough to play. Oh, the irony! :p

The way it's looking now, Munaf may get in by being one of the few bowlers that are fit enough to play. Oh, the irony! :p

Indeed. Oh the irony.

It is good that Pathan is knocking on the doors of all rounder and should be making Munaf and still Ganguly, Laxman and now Karthik sweat for places...

He scored 57 off 69 today and took 3/63 off 18. Not to mention taking a total of six in his last match.

Speaking of Pathan's, what about Yusuf Pathan. He completed the unique feat of taking ten wicket in a match and scoring 180 in between two games ago, took three wickets in the last game and has just taken another five wicket haul (after scoring 37 off 28). Those two are knocking hard on the selection doors.

I'm not very up to date with Symonds injury but if he was ruled out I'm guessing Noffke might come into consideration. He was the only one able to survive Tait's spell of speed bowling.

I'm not very up to date with Symonds injury but if he was ruled out I'm guessing Noffke might come into consideration. He was the only one able to survive Tait's spell of speed bowling.

Noffke looks a good all rounder and should be thought about as a No.7 with Gilchrist at 6 so then perhaps Australia could play 5 bowlers?

Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Clark have both tasted sucess against the Indian side in ODI cricket and have also dismissed all the batsmen likely to appear in India's top 7, with the exclusion of Laxman and Jaffer. Johnson has also managed to snare Sehwag, Yuvraj and Gambhir a few times. In the past Stuart MacGill has been poor against India, but there are very few spinners who have performed admirably against these fine batsmen.

ODI and Test are diffrent things. Sohail Tanveer troubled Indian batsmen in ODIs but whats happening in test matches?
Also Sehwag, Gambhir and Yuvraj are not going to feature in any test match :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread