India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noffke looks a good all rounder and should be thought about as a No.7 with Gilchrist at 6 so then perhaps Australia could play 5 bowlers?

That would be my thinking, the selectors have always wanted an all rounder well one has just popped up. Sadly Symonds has just cemented his spot in the time when we finally find one.

Will Katich be up for selection this time? He surely loves playing against us.

Damn, it looks like Sree is all but out of the series. Was looking forward to see how he would fare with the Aussies down his neck at every second of the day. :(

ODI and Test are diffrent things. Sohail Tanveer troubled Indian batsmen in ODIs but whats happening in test matches?
Also Sehwag, Gambhir and Yuvraj are not going to feature in any test match :)

I realise that, but they were still bowling to the batsmen in a competitive game of cricket.

Sehwag, Gambhir and Yuvraj could feature in the Test matches, and I think it's highly likely one of them (or Chopra) will replace Dinesh Karthik at the top of the order.

well sree might miss the series i want rp to play since he has more control and swing, rp can get the ball at space around low 140 so thats a good sign i think yuvi should replcae karthik simple since yuvi in good form and has the ability to destory aussie bowlers

well sree might miss the series i want rp to play since he has more control and swing, rp can get the ball at space around low 140 so thats a good sign i think yuvi should replcae karthik simple since yuvi in good form and has the ability to destory aussie bowlers

RP Singh and Sreesanth can bowl 140kph consistantly in ODI games but I do not think they have the stamina to do it in Tests.

RP Singh and Sreesanth can bowl 140kph consistantly in ODI games but I do not think they have the stamina to do it in Tests.

Mubaf doesnt look like he will last for more than his first spell.
I'd say get back Ajit Agarkar and RP Singh.
They'll hit the Aussies hard.

You are really laughable, yeah, let's put Yuvi opening, he'll see off the new ball very well. Idiot.

The 24 probables for Australia tour were announced today and surprisingly Sreesanth was not in the list coz he is suffering from shoulder injury. RP is in the 24 probables and i hope he makes it to the final 16 so that India will have a decent pace attack. Moreover Gambhir is a strong contender for the opening spot instead of D.Karthik.

24 probables for Australia tour: Anil Kumble, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Wasim Jaffer, Dinesh Karthik, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Sourav Ganguly, RP Singh, Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan, VRV Singh, Pankaj Singh, Ishant Sharma, Murali Kartik, Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla, Aakash Chopra, Gautam Gambhir, Ranadeb Bose, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, Parthiv Patel.

Pankaj Singh, wow, the selectors seem to have got something right, he looks a good bowler. I don't understand why either Tiwary, Badri or Raina aren't in there, though.

Neither do I understand on what merit Agarkar is there, Pathan is there, so why do we need like 9 fast bowlers.

Sharma and Agarkar out and Badri and Tiwary in would have been better.

Pankaj Singh, wow, the selectors seem to have got something right, he looks a good bowler. I don't understand why either Tiwary, Badri or Raina aren't in there, though.

Neither do I understand on what merit Agarkar is there, Pathan is there, so why do we need like 9 fast bowlers.

Sharma and Agarkar out and Badri and Tiwary in would have been better.

These are the name for the 24 probables and not the final 16. Also RP and Munaf are struggling with their fitness so its wise to keep 8-9 fast bowlers in these 24 as we have seaming conditions in Aus. Moreover its not wise to include Tiwari and Badrinath for this tough tour. Agarkar might be a handy customer on this tour but i don't think that he will be selected.

They have to start somewhere, it would test how good they really are. India did not make world class players out of Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar etc by keeping them away from hard tours. It's quite stupid, their talent doesn't disappear when going into a hard tour.

Asia Cup is after the Aus tour and the probability of resting Ganguly, Dravid and Sachin will be higher to give chance to new and talented players. So that will be the right time to give chance to Tiwari, Badrinath. Tiwari is a good test player but he won't get any chance in Aus as all the Indian batsmen are in good form and Yuvi is still waiting for his turn. So first preference will be given to Yuvi instead of Tiwari, Badrinath who will be just touring as benchwarmers.

Better to give them some kind of experience though, well, as long they eventually get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread