India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathan -- I think we`ll have to wait and see how he bowls in the B`lore Test.

Definitely he will bowl quicker than Munaf:p but if he bowls well in this match then India might go with 3 left handers in their pace attack. Munaf looked promising with his bowling effort in this series but he is more injury prone.

The 100k deliveries in the second innings at Kolkata were due to the fact that he was bowling cutters, and he had got the wicket of Misbah with an off-cutter.

He was bowling them because he had no steam and not because he got wicket with it.

A slow off cutter is a veraition my friend. Not a bowl to be bowled every bowl you bowl in over.

This guy is shocker and should never be picked up for India even though he takes 10 wickets in an innings in FCC.

This guy is shocker and should never be picked up for India even though he takes 10 wickets in an innings in FCC.

:D:D:D:D

I agree.. I am tired of Munaf Patel. I want the selectors not to bring Munaf anywhere close to the international team. I hate his fitness and his attitude.

I hear that Sreesanth could be fit for third and fourth tests in Australia. So if we go with 5 fast bowlers, then it should be

Zaheer, RP Singh, Irfan, Sreesanth and Ajit Agarkar

I pick Agarkar because he has done well before in Australia, and he is a right armer as opposed to the three left armers who are likely to be the fit guys for the first two tests. I would use Agarkar when Sreesanth is not fit, and bring back Sreesanth in Agarkar's place once he is fit. We wont use VRV even if we take him, so why not Agarkar?

I believe, Jumbo will be the main key in Australian tour(In Tests). ;) But after seeing the way, they(Aussies) treated legendary bowlers,Murali and Vaas... I wonder what/how our bowlers going to do there.

He was bowling them because he had no steam and not because he got wicket with it.

A slow off cutter is a veraition my friend. Not a bowl to be bowled every bowl you bowl in over.

He was bowling in the Third Test whilst injured with a back injury so he chose to bowl quick off spin. I think he has shown an improvement in attitude, bowling 140kph spells throughout the first two Tests. The fact is that he is a fragile mental case because of his harsh upbringing in the slums in India and frail body and must be treated well.

I really hope he goes to Australia because I think that he could be the star bowler there.

He was bowling in the Third Test whilst injured with a back injury so he chose to bowl quick off spin. I think he has shown an improvement in attitude, bowling 140kph spells throughout the first two Tests. The fact is that he is a fragile mental case because of his harsh upbringing in the slums in India and frail body and must be treated well.

I really hope he goes to Australia because I think that he could be the star bowler there.

Thats a really big think, because he is the last bowler which I can see doing well in the future....

I believe, Jumbo will be the main key in Australian tour(In Tests). ;) But after seeing the way, they(Aussies) treated legendary bowlers,Murali and Vaas... I wonder what/how our bowlers going to do there.

Murali/Vaas >> Kumble ???????

One big thing with Kumble is his patience with which he keeps pegging at the batsman. He has a lot of variety than some of the top spinners in intl. cricket. He can definitely succeed in Australia (the Melbourne wicket is said to be spin friendly according to the latest news article).

It's been very slow and low for the domestic fixtures on it. Haven't seen many high scores and results have more times than not being produced.

Murali/Vaas >> Kumble ???????

Naaah, I didn't compare them with Kumble. My first line of previous post stress the same point that "Jumbo will be the main key!" I meant in general about our bowlers(Overall) after seeing the promising/capable Lankan bowlers struggled there recently.

Also, I remember in one of the interviews with Sachin( long long time back.. I think after 96 WCup ) that, Sydney cricket ground is one of his favourites while Perth remains one of his worst favourites track. ;)

:D:D:D:D

I agree.. I am tired of Munaf Patel. I want the selectors not to bring Munaf anywhere close to the international team. I hate his fitness and his attitude.

I hear that Sreesanth could be fit for third and fourth tests in Australia. So if we go with 5 fast bowlers, then it should be

Zaheer, RP Singh, Irfan, Sreesanth and Ajit Agarkar

I pick Agarkar because he has done well before in Australia, and he is a right armer as opposed to the three left armers who are likely to be the fit guys for the first two tests. I would use Agarkar when Sreesanth is not fit, and bring back Sreesanth in Agarkar's place once he is fit. We wont use VRV even if we take him, so why not Agarkar?

You`re tired of Munaf who has just played a couple of seasons but you are ready to go back to the man who has been around for 10 years without achieving anything great.
I`d give Munaf some more time because he has the raw material to be a good fast bowler.
His attitude will change with experience.

We`ve seen all that Agarkar had to offer, he cannot get any better now, Munaf can.

India are now the No.2 Test side , ahead of SA and England on decimal points.

The India-Australia series will now officially be the clash of the No.1 and No.2 Test sides in world cricket.

Looking at the way Yuvi batted in this B`lore test, I`d be tempted to have him in the side, even if it means that Dravid will have to open.
Dravid has done it in the past and he has the technique for it.
Yuvi will be a big trump card in Australia as he plays pace very well.

Jaffer
Dravid
VVS Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhoni

How does that look to you ?

Last edited:
The thing i dont like about munaf is his lack of desire to take wickets. He doesn't have the mental capability at the moment. I see the talent but i don't see the drive. He doesn't play 100%. This is why i dont think Munaf should even play in Australia unless i see a far more agressive attitude. Sharma, while he bowled poorly, showed more fire and heart for the team as well as fielding well. I see a person who wants to play for India. I don't see this in munaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread