India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After Pathan, Sree, and Khan eat BBQ Hayden some nicely smothered Symonds ribs. Chillies BBQ Sauce!

Its gonna be super series - indias batting lineup is awesome and they all seem to be in form..but I think our batting lineup is just as talented so it comes down to the bowlers. Unless our wickets take spin and Harbajan can rediscover his old form I don't think India have a single threatening bowler for Aussie conditions....we should eat their attack alive.

I think Australia should bombard them with pace...leave out Macgill and get Taity in there - neither warne or macgill had great success against india anyway. If we need any spin just chuck symonds or clarkey on there for a couple. With Clark doing his mcgrath impression and johnson with the variety of left hand pace/swing which has already troubled the indians, with Tait and Lee thunderbolts I think we could tear the indian lineup a new a$$hole!

If the tracks are over pace friendly, I think we won't have a toothless attack-or more correctly helpful conditions makes our bowling stronger. Pathan Khan and Sree are in pretty good form and can rip through a lineup if conditions help them.

Virender Sehwag makes surprise comeback
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/325154.html

Rajasthan fast bowler Pankaj Singh also earns a call up as the fifth seamer in place of Munaf/Sreesanth. Sehwag's inclusion is going to make things even more interesting and confusing. Should they play Sehwag as an opener thereby making Yuvraj sit out? Or should they open with Dravid and have Yuvraj in the team?

Why couldnt they have selected Akash Chopra?

It is clear that India want to be attacking Australia from one end at the beginning of the innings and I understand the selection in place of Gambhir who presumably was meant to take that role.

Good to see Pankaj Singh in the squad, I have high hopes for him.

Since you are good at giving info on the speeds of the bowlers, how fast is Pankaj Singh? Does he get into the late 130's with the occasional 140kph? Want to know how fast he is! With Zaheer being the spearhead and Irfan, RP and Ishant having played tests, its hard to see this lad playing a test match (unless one of the others get injured)

On Sehwag, not sure what combination India will play in Australia. If he plays, Yuvraj has to sit out (not sure if this would be the right decision as Yuvraj is in form whereas Sehwag isnt).

Since you are good at giving info on the speeds of the bowlers, how fast is Pankaj Singh? Does he get into the late 130's with the occasional 140kph?

Sorry, am not too sure about his pace. I have never seen him bowl to be honest but feel that he should have been picked on performances in Kenya and in the Ranji Trophy alone.

A good estimate would be that he operates in the 120-135kph range like Ishant Sharma but that is just a guess.

Sorry, am not too sure about his pace. I have never seen him bowl to be honest but feel that he should have been picked on performances in Kenya and in the Ranji Trophy alone.

A good estimate would be that he operates in the 120-135kph range like Ishant Sharma but that is just a guess.

Saw Delhi vs Rajasthan Ranji match. Pankaj tore Delhi top order (well everybody does that :)). He bowls at fair clip and is better than Ishant.

FAO Aussie Fans;
Pitch-wise are we expecting good hard, very quick tracks (especially the WACA, judging on the 20/20) with a three-four pronged pace attack - Lee, Johnson, Tait, Clark?

hmm picking sehwag might just turn out to be a master stroke and give the team the impeteus it needs to attack the aussies.

hmm picking sehwag might just turn out to be a master stroke and give the team the impeteus it needs to attack the aussies.

I can't really see that happening, because theres a simple equation to it in my opinion:

Sehwag = Favours Cut Shot Strongly

Australian Wickets = Hard, Fast and Bouncy

Therefore...

Sehwag + Australian Wickets = Edges, Drag ons and Caught at Gully's = OUT

In simlpe words I reckon the Aussies will get Sehwag out cheaply each time so I hope he doesn't play...

I think Sehwag should play, having an agressive batsmen who can get you off to a flyer is pricesless. Look at England with and then without Trescothick, and he made an amazing Aussie attack struggle, this one most definitely isn't amazing. I can see this series going 1-0 or 2-0 to Australia, neither sides bowling particularly stands out for me but the batting for both sides is immense. Australia will just have the edge on bowling for me but it could go either way.

I think Sehwag should play, having an agressive batsmen who can get you off to a flyer is pricesless. Look at England with and then without Trescothick, and he made an amazing Aussie attack struggle, this one most definitely isn't amazing. I can see this series going 1-0 or 2-0 to Australia, neither sides bowling particularly stands out for me but the batting for both sides is immense. Australia will just have the edge on bowling for me but it could go either way.

Sehwag gets India off to a flyer about once every five innings, the rest of the times he gets out playing an irresponsible* shot...

(the cut shot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread