India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
India are now the No.2 Test side , ahead of SA and England on decimal points.

The India-Australia series will now officially be the clash of the No.1 and No.2 Test sides in world cricket.

Looking at the way Yuvi batted in this B`lore test, I`d be tempted to have him in the side, even if it means that Dravid will have to open.
Dravid has done it in the past and he has the technique for it.
Yuvi will be a big trump card in Australia as he plays pace very well.

Jaffer
Dravid
VVS Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhoni

How does that look to you ?

That looks a great batting order to have for any team in the world.

You`re tired of Munaf who has just played a couple of seasons but you are ready to go back to the man who has been around for 10 years without achieving anything great. I`d give Munaf some more time because he has the raw material to be a good fast bowler. His attitude will change with experience. We`ve seen all that Agarkar had to offer, he cannot get any better now, Munaf can.

Sometimes, you got to take some decisions which you feel could work for you. Agarkar has been successful in Australia and might get a look-in.

On Munaf - well looking at him, he has spent quite some time with the team and doesnt seem to be learning anything inspite of being dropped from the team repeatedly for his fitness and attitude.

Last edited:
Sometimes you`ve got to back a talented player , even if his attitude is not right (only sometimes though).
These players need to be handled differently, the team management has a big role to play in extracting the full potential from these type of players like Munaf.
Md.Sami, for example puts his effort in ball after ball but he does not have the skill to succede at the test level. There is little use in persisting with him just because his effort levels are right.
Sheer effort can get you results, but only if you have the skill to go with it.

I`d rather back Munaf that go back to Agarkar who has just been around for a decade and has`nt done anything great, at leastin test cricket.
Before you bring the Adelaide game into the discussion, Iam sure it won`t happen again.

I really feel that Munaf can be the star bowler in Australia, and we dearly need him in Sreesanth`s absence.
I agree with others in the forum that he does not have the right attitude for a player representing his nation but this is where the captain and the coach need to have a session with him and make it clear that his effort levels are`nt right.

Iam sorry, but if we go with Agarkar in Australia, we`ll get hammered.
Not that with Munaf, we`re destined to succeed but at least it will mean that we have not gone back to the option which we`ve tried time and again in the past but not succeded.

India are now the No.2 Test side , ahead of SA and England on decimal points.

The India-Australia series will now officially be the clash of the No.1 and No.2 Test sides in world cricket.

Looking at the way Yuvi batted in this B`lore test, I`d be tempted to have him in the side, even if it means that Dravid will have to open.
Dravid has done it in the past and he has the technique for it.
Yuvi will be a big trump card in Australia as he plays pace very well.

Jaffer
Dravid
VVS Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhoni

How does that look to you ?

Now that is a batting lineup, that will certainly be the acid test to see where our bowling attack is at.

Now that is a batting lineup, that will certainly be the acid test to see where our bowling attack is at.

Yes, Its a brilliant batting line-up....

This would be my Team for the boxing day test considering no one gets injured....

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Rahul Dravid
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) VVS Laxman
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) Yuvraj Singh
7) Mahendra Singh Dhoni +
8) Irfan Pathan (OB2)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) Zaheer Khan (OB1)
11) RP Singh

Now thats as good as a team since we've had in a long time :), but knowing India at the moment someone's bound to get injured....And if any of the pace bowlers get injured I would definetley bring Ishant Sharma in, his bounce will be useful on the hard and bouncy Australian pitches. :)

Karthik probably won't make the first team for Australia.

Not a bad thing at all, he'll come back stronger than ever (I hope). It always happens.

why laxman bat ahead of ganguly since ganguly is in good touch and leading in 2nd high test scorer?

Sometimes you`ve got to back a talented player , even if his attitude is not right (only sometimes though).
These players need to be handled differently, the team management has a big role to play in extracting the full potential from these type of players like Munaf.
Md.Sami, for example puts his effort in ball after ball but he does not have the skill to succede at the test level. There is little use in persisting with him just because his effort levels are right.
Sheer effort can get you results, but only if you have the skill to go with it.

I`d rather back Munaf that go back to Agarkar who has just been around for a decade and has`nt done anything great, at leastin test cricket.
Before you bring the Adelaide game into the discussion, Iam sure it won`t happen again.

I really feel that Munaf can be the star bowler in Australia, and we dearly need him in Sreesanth`s absence.
I agree with others in the forum that he does not have the right attitude for a player representing his nation but this is where the captain and the coach need to have a session with him and make it clear that his effort levels are`nt right.

Iam sorry, but if we go with Agarkar in Australia, we`ll get hammered.
Not that with Munaf, we`re destined to succeed but at least it will mean that we have not gone back to the option which we`ve tried time and again in the past but not succeded.

Argument sounds pretty good to me. I will getv my confidence back in him only when I see him bowl the way I want him to, or in a way that he displays a different attitude.

This would be my Team for the boxing day test considering no one gets injured....

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Rahul Dravid
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) VVS Laxman
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) Yuvraj Singh
8) Irfan Pathan (OB2)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) Zaheer Khan (OB1)
11) RP Singh

Now thats as good as a team since we've had in a long time :), but knowing India at the moment someone's bound to get injured....And if any of the pace bowlers get injured I would definetley bring Ishant Sharma in, his bounce will be useful on the hard and bouncy Australian pitches. :)

I wont have three left armers in there. Would be really predictable, and being Australia, they will make use of it better. We need a right armer in there. One of Agarkar/Munaf/Ishant (the only right arm options we have until Sree comes back!).

Last edited:
Then it will have to be Ishant Sharma....Thats actually good! :), Agarkar and Munaf will just bowl sit-up deliveries... The bounce and pace in Australia will favour Ishant, I say Pathan is the one who will have to make room, becase although he has been economical, he hasn't really looked like taking a wicket....

Sharma's wickets were that of tailenders.
I'd rather go in with an experienced head than a new boy for Aus !

Sharma's wickets were that of tailenders.
I'd rather go in with an experienced head than a new boy for Aus !

Yeah the Aussies tend to grab youngsters by the neck and murder them....

But I doubt Ishant will let them do that to him...;)

1) Wasim Jaffer
2) Rahul Dravid
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) VVS Laxman
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) Yuvraj Singh
8) Irfan Pathan (OB2)
9) Anil Kumble C
10) Zaheer Khan (OB1)
11) RP Singh

I like the team but i really feel india need 5 bowlers in a game to have any chance of winning the series. But where to fit him. Thats the issue. Maybe Ganguly can be the 5th bowler who bowls 15-20 overs. Lol. It would be awesome but ganguly will get slaughtered (bowling wise). I'm not convinced with Dhoni's keeping either. He's likely to drop an important wicket every match that could drastically alter the game. But your right this is the best team India have had in a long time. Of RP Singh is injured then try that Bose guy from Bengal. Ive heard good things about him.

In Australia's case i'm hoping Noffke gets the nod (cause of tait's injury) and is the 4th bowler. The guy is good and has been performing for queensland for quite some time. In reality Tait would probably get the nod.

1. Hayden
2. Jacques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Symonds
7. Gilchrist
8. Noffke (would be awesome but no)/Tait
9. Lee
10. Mcgrath, i mean Stuart Clark
11. Johnson (lucky idiot)

Last edited:
Then it will have to be Ishant Sharma....Thats actually good! :), Agarkar and Munaf will just bowl sit-up deliveries... The bounce and pace in Australia will favour Ishant, I say Pathan is the one who will have to make room, becase although he has been economical, he hasn't really looked like taking a wicket....

One performance does not mean he will replace Pathan. We need bowlers who can bat also since Aussie attack is on fire after watching tonights 20-20 performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread