India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are good at giving info on the speeds of the bowlers, how fast is Pankaj Singh? Does he get into the late 130's with the occasional 140kph? Want to know how fast he is!

Here is the answer...

cricinfo said:
His relative youth would raise expectations of greater pace but for now Pankaj is happy consistently hitting the 135kmph mark, so long as he can pitch it on the right spot. "If he can hit the back-of-the-length and short-of-good-length consistently, that's the priority," Prasad says. In essence he is asking Pankaj to do what he has been doing for Rajasthan for the last two seasons. Pankaj understands that well and is not fretting over the lack of pace. "A good line-and-length is what I want to focus on and as for pace I will definitely increase it with time."

KP Bhaskar, in his first season as Rajasthan's coach, believes Pankaj will have few problems bridging the gap between domestic and international cricket. "Line and length are his biggest strong points," says Bhaskar, adding that the reason Pankaj is not an all-out fast bowler is because he has to shoulder the burden of the Rajasthan attack almost single-handed.

Prasad says India has never been a nation of fast bowlers in any case and it would be beneficial if Pankaj can focus on the consistency.

Full article: Here

lol we have two very tall bowlers now.:p

I feel sorry for Ranadeb Bose though.They dropped him without giving him a chance.Thats why indian selectors sometimes doesnt make sense.

Last edited:

I feel sorry for Ranadeb Bose though.They dropped him without giving him a chance.Thats why indian selectors sometimes doesnt make sense.

Yeah at times you feel like punching the Indian Selectors, they've picked him in a test series and he never played in any of them, that is really hard on him, whats even worse is that he was dropped from the squad for no apparent reason...

Yeah at times you feel like punching the Indian Selectors, they've picked him in a test series and he never played in any of them, that is really hard on him, whats even worse is that he was dropped from the squad for no apparent reason...

Maybe they saw him bowl and doubted his ability to trouble international level batsmen, it is not rocket science. It is a tad unfair but not inexplicable.

Here is the answer...
(135 kph)

If they say Pankaj bowls at 135kph , he`ll most probably be bowling around 128-131 kph !

Iam very disappointed with Munaf not being picked.The reason being given is that of lack of match practice !
Even R.P.Singh has`nt played cricket for over a month now. Why was he picked then !

It`d have been better had they picked Munaf and tried to make him follow a strict fitness regime when he is with the touring side.
Iam now reading reports on TOI that Munaf will be sent as the 17th man, ahead of the Perth test.

Australia is not a tour where you can have two rookies in the squad (Ishant and Pankaj). It is an absolute luxury.
Would you feel confident of playing Pankaj Singh in the XI if one of the pacemen get injured ?
They`ll most probably end up playing two spinners if a seamer gets injured during the course of the test series.

And finally, Murali Karthik should`ve been picked ahead of Harbhajan.
Harbhajan does not seem to be the test match bowler of old. He keeps pitching his off-spinners on middle and leg. The rip in his off-spinners is missing.
+Australia have a weakness against left-arm spin (Vettori,Panesar and Karthik have all troubled them).
Harbhajan should not even be risked at Sydney and Adelaide which are traditionally spin-friendly. He`ll get slog-swept by all the Aussies.

The batting looks the strongest for any side to tour Australia in recent years.

Can`t wait for the first test !

I can't really see that happening, because theres a simple equation to it in my opinion:

Sehwag = Favours Cut Shot Strongly

Australian Wickets = Hard, Fast and Bouncy

Therefore...

Sehwag + Australian Wickets = Edges, Drag ons and Caught at Gully's = OUT

In simlpe words I reckon the Aussies will get Sehwag out cheaply each time so I hope he doesn't play...

If the wickets are hard and bouncy as we all know, it infact will favour the cut stroke. On bouncier pitches, there will be lesser chances of drag-ons.
Even the edges generally fly over the slips or the keeper if the batsman goes at it hard, like Sehwag does.
Australia pitches offer little lateral movement and that`ll help players who do not have great foot movement.
And Sehwag plays the cut stroke as hard as anyone in the game.

Sehwag gets India off to a flyer about once every five innings, the rest of the times he gets out playing an irresponsible* shot...

(the cut shot)

If he only gets us out to a good start very rarely, how does he manage to maintain an average of 50 in tests after 50 matches ?
His only poor series in tests was in SA.
The series before that in the Carribean, he had huge scores to his name.

Sehwag was a case of a clear blunder from the selectors, drpping him for his form in ODIs where he should`ve been dropped a lot earlier.

Last edited:
so is sreeshanth totally out of the australian tour if he is , is he atleast gonna be there for the ODI's?

If they say Pankaj bowls at 135kph , he`ll most probably be bowling around 128-131 kph !

Iam very disappointed with Munaf not being picked.The reason being given is that of lack of match practice !
Even R.P.Singh has`nt played cricket for over a month now. Why was he picked then !

It`d have been better had they picked Munaf and tried to make him follow a strict fitness regime when he is with the touring side.
Iam now reading reports on TOI that Munaf will be sent as the 17th man, ahead of the Perth test.

Australia is not a tour where you can have two rookies in the squad (Ishant and Pankaj). It is an absolute luxury.
Would you feel confident of playing Pankaj Singh in the XI if one of the pacemen get injured ?
They`ll most probably end up playing two spinners if a seamer gets injured during the course of the test series.

And finally, Murali Karthik should`ve been picked ahead of Harbhajan.
Harbhajan does not seem to be the test match bowler of old. He keeps pitching his off-spinners on middle and leg. The rip in his off-spinners is missing.
+Australia have a weakness against left-arm spin (Vettori,Panesar and Karthik have all troubled them).
Harbhajan should not even be risked at Sydney and Adelaide which are traditionally spin-friendly. He`ll get slog-swept by all the Aussies.

The batting looks the strongest for any side to tour Australia in recent years.

Can`t wait for the first test !

If the wickets are hard and bouncy as we all know, it infact will favour the cut stroke. On bouncier pitches, there will be lesser chances of drag-ons.
Even the edges generally fly over the slips or the keeper if the batsman goes at it hard, like Sehwag does.
Australia pitches offer little lateral movement and that`ll help players who do not have great foot movement.
And Sehwag plays the cut stroke as hard as anyone in the game.

If he only gets us out to a good start very rarely, how does he manage to maintain an average of 50 in tests after 50 matches ?
His only poor series in tests was in SA.
The series before that in the Carribean, he had huge scores to his name.

Sehwag was a case of a clear blunder from the selectors, drpping him for his form in ODIs where he should`ve been dropped a lot earlier.

munaf will join the team for the perth test

In Australia's case i'm hoping Noffke gets the nod (cause of tait's injury) and is the 4th bowler. The guy is good and has been performing for queensland for quite some time. In reality Tait would probably get the nod.

1. Hayden
2. Jacques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Symonds
7. Gilchrist
8. Noffke (would be awesome but no)/Tait
9. Lee
10. Mcgrath, i mean Stuart Clark
11. Johnson (lucky idiot)

Yea I wouldn't mind that still don't know what Tait will do in the Test arena, if anything I'd rather have Tait over Johnson.

I can't really see that happening, because theres a simple equation to it in my opinion:

Sehwag = Favours Cut Shot Strongly

Australian Wickets = Hard, Fast and Bouncy

Therefore...

Sehwag + Australian Wickets = Edges, Drag ons and Caught at Gully's = OUT

In simlpe words I reckon the Aussies will get Sehwag out cheaply each time so I hope he doesn't play...

He played these shots last time also. He has been playing these in his whole life.

Sehwag gets India off to a flyer about once every five innings, the rest of the times he gets out playing an irresponsible* shot...

(the cut shot)

Who scores in every innings of test matches as an openor. Sehwag for his style has been great Test player. Hes even better record then Dada and Laxman. If he had chance to play in middle order he would have had even more better record.

Bose does not have. We have many bowlers like Bose in India and Ganguly can bowl if its required in test matches just under Bose pace.

Last edited:
Choosing Pankaj Singh could turn out to be a stroke of genius, from what I saw in the Challenger Trophy, he gets good bounce, and if he plays he should be good.

Less bounce than Sharma but infinite times more accuracy, he could actually hit the stumps.

Choosing Pankaj Singh could turn out to be a stroke of genius, from what I saw in the Challenger Trophy, he gets good bounce, and if he plays he should be good.

Is he around 135kph as reported by cricinfo?

I thought I would reinvigorate the thread by asking you planetcricket members who you think will be the player of the series.

I thought I would reinvigorate the thread by asking you planetcricket members who you think will be the player of the series.

From India, I guess Rahul Dravid will turn out to be the most crucial, along with Sachin Tendulkar. The seniors are going to rule the roost again. From the bowlers, Zaheer Khan might do well along with Kumble who will as usual do well continuing from the last time.

One question, who has the rights to the telecast of this series in the US? Will Zee Sports have the series or do we have to look for other options? Zee Sports is cheap for US viewers with a flat rate of $20 per month (I have Zee Sports subscription!). If it goes to other people, it becomes pay per view and they charge fees of $100-150 per series.

Less bounce than Sharma but infinite times more accuracy, he could actually hit the stumps.

Does he bowl less no-balls? Sharma has this huge no-ball problem.

Last edited:
Does he bowl less no-balls? Sharma has this huge no-ball problem.

He has only bowled 1 no ball this Ranji Trophy season.

One question, who has the rights to the telecast of this series in the US? Will Zee Sports have the series or do we have to look for other options? Zee Sports is cheap for US viewers with a flat rate of $20 per month (I have Zee Sports subscription!). If it goes to other people, it becomes pay per view and they charge fees of $100-150 per series.

After ICL, I do not see Zee getting any Indian cricket rights for a very long time.

Last edited:

He was more touching 130kph but he has good rhythm, he bursts in too (unlike Munaf), and has a good action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread