India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Munaf is an exponent of reverse swing. He was getting it to reverse against Pakistan as well.

Reverse swing is effective if bowled at pace not on slow bowls. well Munaf is not going now so he has got time to gain fitness.

I would suggest he trains with Dilip Singh. They both look like brothers :) :p

Getting excited for Boxing Day now, expecting a closer contest than the past few Boxing Days. Of course, Australia have a great tradition of playing badly on day 1 but winning the match comprehensively.

Which ones exactly?:rolleyes:

I guess Indiatimes, and a few other papers. I remember reading Sreesanth saying that he has a chance of being fit for the third test at Perth. So we could possibly have him for the Perth test match (that would be exciting as he is our future test star).

My XI for the Boxing Day Test.

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting (c)
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist (wk)
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Tait

Can't play Brad Hogg, he has a bad FC record because Australian pitches offer nothing for the spinners because the bounce is so consistant and the ball doesn't turn as much.

Shane Warne got carted when playing India in Australia because the surfaces had nothing innit for the spinners and Indian batsman are the best players of spin the world.

Murali got carted in Australia for exactly the same reason, his probably less successful then Warne in Australia because his an off-spinner and the ball is coming into the batsman and on Australian surfaces, the bounce is pretty even and it's easy for batsman to work the ball off their pads easily onto the leg side. Hogg turns the ball from the same way but just bowls with a different arm.

I also remember watching a domestic game where Darren Lehnman (a great player of spin) took Brad Hogg apart and dispatched him to all parts of the field after coming back from the ODI tour of India.

I'm a fan of Brad Hogg, if we we're playing any other country then he'd be in my starting XI.

For the people who keep predicting 4-0 whitewashes for Australia I say, go right ahead and predict, and you guys are gona be in for one hell of a surprise.

last time India were in australia, the series was competitive and drawn 1-1...infact india outplayed australia for a fair part of that series. The players are now more mature, and have the experience needed to beat the aussies.
The batting line up is daunting and is so full up of talent that Yuvraj Singh is left out.

Laxman owns the Aussies, and I expect him to have a geat series against his favourite opponents. Ganguly is playing better than he ever has and he seems determined to go out with a bang. Only kallis has scored more runs than Ganguly this year. Tendulkar has done well against australia in the past and you can bet that he wants to leave his last tour of australia on a high note.

The indian batting I'm not worried about, its the bowling that worries me. Australia's pace men are fast and raw, while india has more of a gentle medium-fast, which should not bother a strong australian lineup.
people talk about Warne and Macgill not being there, but if they were there, it would benifit the indians as Warne and especially macgill have been thouroughly spanked by the indian batsmen.

All in all it should be a great series....my unbias prediction is a 1-1 draw, but my bias prediction has india winning 3-0:D

india have an outside chance for sure.the bowling rests on kumble and zaheer but rp might surprise the aussies.

One question, who has the rights to the telecast of this series in the US? Will Zee Sports have the series or do we have to look for other options? Zee Sports is cheap for US viewers with a flat rate of $20 per month (I have Zee Sports subscription!). If it goes to other people, it becomes pay per view and they charge fees of $100-150 per series.

After ICL, I do not see Zee getting any Indian cricket rights for a very long time.

ZEE can show matches,but they obviously will not be getting to produce any cricekt matches live.
Whatever you will see will be produced by ESS.

Any sources for either of these?

Sreesanth,Yes,it was mentioned on SportsCentre the other night too.
Munaf-no idea ! and I hope not !

india have an outside chance for sure.the bowling rests on kumble and zaheer but rp might surprise the aussies.

I believe its is the clash of the Two best Test teams in the World at present.
India have as good a chance as Australia to win the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread