India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tendulkar in red hot 90 making form.
Yuvraj the best batsmen in world.
Dravid is back to his best after domestic knocks.
Jaffer and Karthick dependable openors.
ganguly can fire if he is sledged.
RP is tremendously improved.
Sreesanth is nuthead but can rattle opposition on his day.
Zack is bowling good. Last time went home after taking 5 wickets in innings in Aus.

90's don't help you in test cricket. Well, they do, but only if you want to make about 300.

Karthik looks in good first class touch so hopefully he continues the good work. He got it done against the swinging ball in England so hopefully he will be able to cope with the extra bounce and pace in Australia. Dravid I'm sure will come back firing. He's hit a double century and a century in his two Ranji knocks so maybe he's getting back into groove. Sachin looks in sublime touch. Yuvraj has grown a lot as a batsman--though we haven't seen him in tests recently.

I think we should wait for the Pakistan tests to finish before making any calls on who is in good form.

Zack is bowling good. Last time went home after taking 5 wickets in innings in Aus.

i think that Kallis, Hussey and a few others would have somthing to say about that.

i think it will be a bat fest with tons of runs being made but not many wickets taken. hence i predict a drawn series.

Batting certainly won't be a problem this series as I would have predicted before the SL series but more so now. Still yet to see our bowling being tested but Lee and Clark have stood up. MacGill and Johnson big test will come against India.

Looks like we are going to get slaughtered the way, the Aussies are going about their business against SL, someone needs to show some balls and attack, that's like the only time their bowling going a tiny bit wayward, and I know I've been dragging on about this whole Silva thing, but in the first test when he did it, it was looking so much better for SL.

But, we have three of the batsmen in the world (Sachin, Dravid and Karthik :D) and I think SL have desperately missed Sanga.

Where the hell is laxman? He'll be the man of the series for india, if he plays- my prediction that is.

90's not good enough seeing as someone like a Matthew Hayden might get them in 15 overs odd.

Jaffer and Karthik the worst opening pair that our team can have in Australia.
Jaffer is highly undependable and does not score consistently.
KKD on the other hand is a good bat and an excellent keep,but i really don't want him as an opener.

You also seem to have forgotten a Very Very Special Laxman !

Jaffer and Karthik the worst opening pair that our team can have in Australia.
Jaffer is highly undependable and does not score consistently.
KKD on the other hand is a good bat and an excellent keep,but i really don't want him as an opener.

Yeah I can just imagine Stuart Clark and Brett Lee bouncing them out....:(

I don't see KKD being bounced out tbh. We tried to do it to him during the summer at times and he just left alone, till anyone bowled him something short and wide and he just slapped that to the boundary. I have my reservations about Jaffer being bounced out though. Ganguly will most definitely be bounced out.

I don't see KKD being bounced out tbh. We tried to do it to him during the summer at times and he just left alone, till anyone bowled him something short and wide and he just slapped that to the boundary. I have my reservations about Jaffer being bounced out though. Ganguly will most definitely be bounced out.

Ganguly will struggle with the short ball but he has done for his whole career and that has not stopped him being a very good Test batsman.

At least we will be sure that Tendulkar will not be bounced out, since he has the incomprehensible skill of letting the ball hit him at 90mph without flinching or getting the bat or gloves in the way.

Ganguly will struggle with the short ball but he has done for his whole career and that has not stopped him being a very good Test batsman.
Ganguly is not a very good test batsman. He is a good test batsman. Slightly above average. In fact, his inability against the short ball may just be what separates him from the cream of the crop.

Mitchell Johnson is there for the taking. I think if the Indian batsman can bluff our selectors and make Johnson look half-decent in the first 2 Tests and conceed draws in both games then they can slaughter him in the last 2 Tests and win the series 2-0.

Mitchell Johnson is there for the taking. I think if the Indian batsman can bluff our selectors and make Johnson look half-decent in the first 2 Tests and conceed draws in both games then they can slaughter him in the last 2 Tests and win the series 2-0.
Never thought I would hear this from you. I would think, if anything, that after a 2-0 thumping of Sri Lanka, the chants of a 4-0 drubbing would get even louder! I think Mitchell Johnson has troubled India enough to warrant a place in the team--and I think he will keep troubling them during the tour. Clark and Lee are obviously the keys--Lee is a much more mature bowler this time around. MacGill should be neutralized, but he obviously may end up making me eat my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread