India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest change india have to make if they need to stand up in the series is in their attitude by being aggressive and the 1st move for that is by bringing in sehwag.

And take Dravid down to no.3...

The interesting thing about having 4 pacemen is that Clarke and Symonds could fill in the spinners role. Both are pretty capable bowlers and Clarke has taken his best figures against India on a turning pitch. The other thing the selectors might do is drop Johnson for Tait and keep Hoggy. Although I'm a massive fan of Johnson he didn't bowl half as well as he should have throughout the 1st test (no swing and too wide).

Wouldn't trust Clarke bowling too much, if he could work on it then he could be a handy bowler but his back causes too much problem. Symonds spinners looked handy enough so could be a chance to have the 4 pacemen in the future.

And take Dravid down to no.3...

ya,yuvraj will have to wait and india have to get another bolwer in place of bhajji.maybe ishant or pankaj singh and if the pitch is going to turn then they should play murli karthik,anyone but bhajji.

Wouldn't trust Clarke bowling too much, if he could work on it then he could be a handy bowler but his back causes too much problem. Symonds spinners looked handy enough so could be a chance to have the 4 pacemen in the future.

Clarkes back problems have stopped his bowling career. Roy though has some nice medium pacers and a few decent Spinners.

Clarke bowled quite a few overs in the Adelaide test during the Ashes. Has his condition worsened since then?

Maybe Ponting can have a crack at bowling.
If i'm not wrong he used to bowl quite a bit during Taylor's tenure.

Ponting took a wicket in the ashes series!! I think it was of Vaughan

India cannot afford 5 bowlers. I don't think they will risk it either.

3 pacers + 1 spinner + part time spin of Tendulkar and Sehwag is more than enough.
Yeah. It would be strange to move into a 5 bowler strategy when it was clearly our batting and not our bowling that was found lacking.

I guess indians will love to see that.
Like we liked to see Hogg. :p

Last edited:
I think if the Sydney pitch is good for batting, it will favour Australia. Because their batting line up is full of confidence at the moment and they score so quickly.

The Indian bowlers need a bit of help off the wicket, while the Aussies seem to manage to extract pace and bounce from even the slowest wickets.

Also the Indian batting often fails (especially overseas) when the pitch seems flat and good for batting. In South Africa and England, for instance, their batsmen succeeded on juicier pitches than the one we saw at the MCG especially because the seamers like Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth got so much movement.

Plus of course, the other bowling attacks are much less disciplined than Australia. It will be tough for India, whichever way I see it. India's disciplines have to be improved.

One suggestion for Kumble: Please fill the vacant third man region as so many runs are leaked by India in that zone and we cannot pack the slips with fielders like the Australians do (because our bowlers aren't quick enough to induce edges that carry to third or fourth slip). Our players have to pay attention to little details like that to really challenge Australia.

Last edited:
Surely when your place is in doubt like Yuvraj's is you'd want to have a good attitude and look to improve?! Should be a bit closer at Sydney anyway, looking forward to watching baout half an hour of it on school nights.

I'll be watching to lunch every day. Can't wait for the 2nd, even though thats the day school starts again :crying

yuvraj has always had an attitude problem which even greg chappell pointed out and one of the reasons dhoni was made the captain ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread