India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh... more drama. Quite frankly, I think we shouldn't read too much into these articles. I just pray that we play 2 openers in the next game.

Karthik, surely.

I'm sure we could just tell him to be positive.

Karthik, surely.

I'm sure we could just tell him to be positive.

I think Karthik and Sehwag would be a good combination. Karthik is technichally sound, while Sehwag, erm, isn't.
Karthik can be a blocker AND an aggressive candidate, looks for the ones and twos, and can hit the long ball. Sehwag is a fantastic run scorer, and can propell us to a good score by lunch.

All I want out of Sehwag is for him to bat at his average and his strike rate. 50 runs, getting out right before lunch. That's all I want.

I'm up for a gamble. Might as well try Sehwag, get Pathan in and keep yuvraj. Sadly, my hopes of a five man attack aren't likely as a result...

Interesting how Australia's lack of test match experience of late came through in the first innings, but Clarke and Hussey did a better job in the 2nd innings.

Pity about Ponting but.

I'm really looking forward to the 2nd test, should be a close one I think. Especially if India play Sehwag.

i think no other option sehwag must play,yuvi won't play simply cause bowl swinging so much in aus,so he can play at series against africa in india,surely not now.
last series for sachin in aus,he must play to remain his respect in aus???/

I'm going to the Sydney Test.

Is Sreesanth in the squad? I reckon his a waaaay better bowler then RP Singh who generally looks like he isn't a good enough bowler to get any of our batsman out.

Sreesanth destroyed SA in SA and the conditions there are similar to Australian ones and SA also have a classy batting lineup.

^ Sreesanth is injured, I think. He didn't play in Kerala's last Ranji game and I recall reading a few articles saying he was aiming to be fit by the Perth test.

Little known fact is that he actually had Dravid plumb LBW twice during his innings in the infamous Kolkata Test.

I know it man.

Australian media strategy to play mind games with Indians.

I think Karthik and Sehwag would be a good combination. Karthik is technichally sound, while Sehwag, erm, isn't.
Karthik can be a blocker AND an aggressive candidate, looks for the ones and twos, and can hit the long ball. Sehwag is a fantastic run scorer, and can propell us to a good score by lunch.

All I want out of Sehwag is for him to bat at his average and his strike rate. 50 runs, getting out right before lunch. That's all I want.

One bad innings and everyone is against Jaffer. Hes best opening batter for India in ages.

Last edited:
I'm going to the Sydney Test.

Is Sreesanth in the squad? I reckon his a waaaay better bowler then RP Singh who generally looks like he isn't a good enough bowler to get any of our batsman out.

Sreesanth destroyed SA in SA and the conditions there are similar to Australian ones and SA also have a classy batting lineup.

U going on day 1? I might see you there. I might be the only Indian going as most of my indian mates aren't comin. Lol. In a group of 10 i'm the only indian supporter...

Jaffer and Sehwag/Kartik sounds good. Kartik and Jaffer play well together. Damn, who to play and who not to play. You can't ignore Jaffer in the pakistan series nor can you ignore Kartik's English tour. I think India were too quick to drop Kartik for a bouncy track wicket even if the MCG wasn't like one in this game. Tough times for selectors.

Last edited:
Even though The Monk is my favorite cricketer according to my profile on PC, I think we should go with Karthik. Karthik has shown enough to deserve his place in the team and I think he was dropped unfairly to start with.

That said, The Monk may just be one of those random picks that end up working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread