India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Anil Kumble is very much in the race for the Indian Test captaincy.

i didnt say leave kumble out..i was saying they will include two spinners for the
sydney test..anil kumble will play all the test macthes until he retires...

Ponting, Haydos and Gilly are all much more matured. In 2004 Punter didn't even score a hundred. Plus now we have the greatness of Hussey and more youths we might be able to get the uper hand.

well india is playin well in test matches.....they r strugglin in odis only...

so it will be hard fought battle btw india n australia...

Last edited:
Oops, i never underestimated Australia either. ;) I just meant to say, India's test gameplay is far far better than their own crap ODI's gameplay. They can put a good fight in Tests like we did last time in Aussies. And if i remember right, India have very poor records in VB/ODI series,Australia till now. :p

How can i forget our players who have played in Australia like Jacob Martin, MSK Prasad, Parthiv Patel(that too as a opener in ODIs :rolleyes:), Balaji's wonderful delivery that went for Six smashed by Brett to loose the close game... and so on .:( :noway

I really do see where you are coming from here mate, and you are right.

But as I said Australia lost the Commonwealth Bank Series to a downright TERRIBLE english ODI outfit-same as the NZ tour except NZ weren't really terrible, but you get what I mean. Even us boys beat them! However the best game in history decided it :p It happens to the Aussies in ODIs, but Australia don't lose test matches-It's their niche.

I strongly back up my earlier statement. The best India can do is draw a test.

I still disagree.
India can and will win atleast one test.

You might want to revise your statement-The best India can do is to draw the series.

i guess this is the time for yuvaraj to replace ganguly...

my team

sehwag
dinesh karthik
dravid
sachin
laxman
yuvaraj
dhoni
r.p singh
sreesanth
anil kumble
zaheer khan

12 th man saruv

A lot of people are saying put him as captain and you just say take him out of the XI, lol.

A lot of people are saying put him as captain and you just say take him out of the XI, lol.

In Tennis you have a non-playing captain.
I think Ganguly would be only too happy to do that :p

Am just joking !

Excuse me ?
The Punter was your best batsman in that series.
Yeah you are right he did not score a hundred.
He did score two double hundreds on that tour.

The Tests will be keenly contested,but as you say the ODI's,well I belive this team has the power to challenge Aussies in their own den.

He didn't score a hundred after that tour in 04 until our summer in the sydney test 05 when he scored a double hundred.

Well,i thought you were referring to that particular series.
I'm not saying its gonna be easy for the Indians,but they still have a chance of beating Aus in atleast one Test.

Why isn't India playing any Test matches at Perth ?

ganguly is great odi player..but not so great test player...if yuvaraj is regular member in test cricket..he will improve a lot..and he can be the future captain

Well, if India's batting click, fielding improves and their bowling rises a notch or two then India have a very strong chance in winning. This comes down to preparation and professinalism. Ability comes in truck loads so that isn't the problem. I think with Kumble as captain they're going to miss a bit of agression that saw success in the 2003/04 tour. Then again Kumble could be a very aggressive captain, im judging his aggression by his bowling.

Well, if India's batting click, fielding improves and their bowling rises a notch or two then India have a very strong chance in winning.

However, we will have to attach wings to Pigs and invent someway of reaching wonderland for all that to happen at once. :(

Then again Kumble could be a very aggressive captain, im judging his aggression by his bowling.
... Kumble is not a defensive bowler by any stretch of the imagination. Harbhajan is a far more defensive bowler, whereas one would think of Harbhajan as being the more aggressive captain of the two, if he were asked to be captain. In short, Kumble has mastered his art and is aggressive, but when it comes to dabbling in things outside his natural realm, he may be a little pensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread