India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance realistically. If they bat really well, they might make around 300-350 but even that is a difficult prospect on a wearing pitch.

The only good thing for India is that the pitch is slow and there's not much lateral movement for the seamers. They should be able to handle that, but it's all in the mind from now on. They have got to think positively from here on.

I'm actually slightly worried about this declaration. Although requiring 500 runs is a mammoth total on a worn out pitch, the Indians will have no pressure to score runs quickly (83 runs per session is enough) and they certainly have the batting depth to do it. Ideally Punter should have squeezed as many runs as possible out of the lower order and aimed to have batted through to lunch time tomorrow, then declared. 2 days is plenty of time to loose 10 wickets, but it is also plenty of time to make 500 runs.

I still reckon though that Australia will win easily. Playing Brett Lee and Stuart Clark on a cracked and low bouncing surface can't be easy :)

Went to the cricket today.

Good day today. Quite hot (36C), but was still fun. Gilly played some nice strokes. I was hoping he would hit a six. He hit a slog sweep straight towards me but it was only a four.

The Indians bowled well to him. They didn't give him much flight so he could play that slog sweep and kept him on the back foot.

Oh and that reverse sweep. Loooovely!

Punter stuggled again. Only 7 runs in the match. So many no-balls aswell from Zaheer Khan. Cost them the wicket of Roy. And then Bay 13 gave him stick for that.

I'll add pics later.

It's later, wheres the pics! :p

It would have been a good day to go to the cricket. Got to see all the batters and then we fielded for 8 overs. You beauty!

Okay, as promised, here are the pics.

DSCF0011.jpg

Out come the Indians, Matty Hayden and Phil Jaques.

DSCF0020.jpg

Haydos about the face a delivery.

DSCF0030.jpg

"You are a ******" Bay 13 Chant as the Police confiscate a beach ball.

DSCF0032.jpg

Roy comes out to bat with Michael Clarke.

DSCF0035.jpg

Out comes Gilly!!! :D

DSCF0037.jpg

The great man marks center.

DSCF0038.jpg

Gilly about to face a ball from Zaheer Khan.

DSCF0040.jpg

Lovey shot by Gilly... for a single.

DSCF0044.jpg

A nice view of the action. Gilly is taking guard and Pup is the non striker.

DSCF0052.jpg

Out come the Aussies!

DSCF0074.jpg

Brett Lee bowls.

DSCF0065.jpg

Mitchell Johnson bowls.

DSCF0081.jpg

Stuart Clark bowls.

DSCF0085.jpg

Brad Hogg bowls.

DSCF0062.jpg

Andrew Symonds returns a ball from the outfield.

DSCF0069.jpg

The slips were ready to pounce on any edge...

DSCF0086.jpg

Close chance... Not out.

DSCF0066.jpg

Gilly walks down to chat with Brett Lee.

DSCF0068.jpg

Gilly recieving one of the deliveries from Mitchell Johnson.

The total is improbable. Two days is enough for Australia to obtain 10 wickets and two days in enough for India to obtain 499 runs. Facing Lee, Clark, Jhonson and Hogg will not be easy on a cracked surface. I hope India go down fighting, they should look to bat for a win, play positive, India will lose wickets by batting defensively. The Australians are just too good at tighting the screws.

Really nice pics Sean! The one of Binga bowling is really good and the one of Gilly taking the catch is awesome!

Really nice pics Sean! The one of Binga bowling is really good and the one of Gilly taking the catch is awesome!

Good pictures.

So they allow cameras on Australian grounds. In India, I don't think it's allowed for security reasons... I might be wrong though. Been a long time since I attended a match.

Good pictures.

So they allow cameras on Australian grounds. In India, I don't think it's allowed for security reasons... I might be wrong though. Been a long time since I attended a match.

What's wrong with a camera? Pedophiles?

I'm actually slightly worried about this declaration. Although requiring 500 runs is a mammoth total on a worn out pitch, the Indians will have no pressure to score runs quickly (83 runs per session is enough) and they certainly have the batting depth to do it. Ideally Punter should have squeezed as many runs as possible out of the lower order and aimed to have batted through to lunch time tomorrow, then declared. 2 days is plenty of time to loose 10 wickets, but it is also plenty of time to make 500 runs.

I still reckon though that Australia will win easily. Playing Brett Lee and Stuart Clark on a cracked and low bouncing surface can't be easy :)
I felt the same thing next year with England and at one point it looked like England were going to chase us down. I reckon India will come close but we'll edge it out...

I think it's going to bite us on the backside eventually though, by declaring and giving the opposition 2 days to chase down a massive score. The same way it did when Steve Waugh enforced the follow on and we ended up losing the match.

To an extent it's already happened against the West Indies but that was chasing 418. Was quite an eventful match that was...

I felt the same thing next year with England and at one point in looked like England were going to chase us down. I reckon India will come close but we'll edge it out...

I think it's going to bite us on the backside eventually though, by declaring and giving the opposition 2 days to chase down a massive score. The same way it did when Steve Waugh enforced the follow on and we ended up losing the match.

To an extent it's already happened against the West Indies but that was chasing 418. Was quite an eventful match that was...

I can understand your point though. I missed the declaration but it surprised me. When I saw India batting I thought Australia had been bowled out.

The ball hit the splice, I think he misread the bounce (they aren't talking about it much, but there has been a bit of variance off the pitch all match) or maybe Harbhajan gave him some extra overspin.

The doosra is mainly overspin.

I think if Gilly had stayed in, we would've kept on batting. Fact is, we could've gone all out first couple of overs tomorrow and then it would've been a waste when we could've put them in earlier.

Pedos might not go to a cricket match.

Well,the reason why they ban cameras in India on grounds- security.They fear that their precious players might be assassinated.

Wtf, why would ya use cameras for assasination? Wouldn't you use binoculars?

Last edited:
Aus could have set India a target of 600+ if McGrath was still around.

Wtf, why would ya use cameras for assasination? Wouldn't you use binoculars?

No,they fear that the assassins might click photos of the ground and use the very same to place their weapons and arsenal.

Last edited:
india cant get 500 batting last:( 2 datys play left...

come on tendulkar! if laxman doesnt score well drop him and bring in sehwag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread